Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (22)

"Please leave me alone." I threw my pillow over my head as Sam and Anthony jumped up and down screaming in my room.

"You need to get up Audrey!" Anthony screamed in my ear. I groaned again.

"Its like 5 am!" I yelled back flinging myself into a sitting position. I shot the boys a glare while they just looked michiovious. I raised my eyebrow at them. Sam spoke.

"Well good thing you are up now, with you hair like that its going to take hours for you to fix it." For a seven year old, I wanted to strangle him.

"I'm staying in bed all day today anyways." I mumbled and laid back down. Anthony started smacking me with a piece of paper which caused me to open my eyes and narrow my eyes at the little boy. I snatched it out of his hand. It was an envalope with my name sloppily written across it. I opened it and read the short note.

My appology starts now. Check under the sink in our bathroom.

I didn't need a signature to know who its from. I got up and both Anthony and Sam started clapping. I groaned and practically dragged my sleep deprived body to the bathroom. I plopped down on the floor and rubbed my stinging eyes and opened the cubbord to see a white box. After pulling it out and opening it, I almost gasped.

Inside was a beautiful black peacoat and a pair of lightwash pink skinny jeans. I started lifting things out and noticed there was also a white top and pair of fuzzy socks. One more glance in the cubbord and I noticed a pair of boots which made me officially curious. Yes the outfit was beautiful but we were in the middle of Arkansas. I didn't exactly need boots for the few inches of snow we got a couple times a year.

There was a note at the bottom of the box that I picked up and unfolded.

Messy misses you.

I smirked, knowing where to go next and pulled myself off of the floor. Taking a quick shower, I put on the white top and pink skinny jeans, leaving the coat and boots on my bed I put on my riding boots not knowing what to expect.

I hurried past Kevin who sat at the table, but in the second I looked at him I did notice a smug look on his face. No doubt he knew exactly what was going on. Anthony and Sam were trailing behind me excitedly until Kevin stopped them.

I tried not to act too excited, but I practically sprinted to the barn. This was way too fun! I was dissapointed when Messy wasn't in her stall though, but instead there was another note tacked to her door.

Woops! Looks like Messy ran away! She was probably thirsty and went to the lake. Just an idea. I don't know. (hint hint)

I giggled at how obvious he was being but then a thought occured to me. How the hell was I going to get all the way out there? Checking the time on the barn clock, I decided that since It was 6:30 am I had the time to walk.

During my walk I thought about practically everything. What was my surprise? Would I forgive him? Yes. I was excited about seeing Messy, but I was even more excited about this little note game he was playing. What girl wouldn't be?

Soon I saw the clearing and Messy was tied to a tree. surprisingly to my dismay, it was just her. I walked up to her and started rubbing her forehead. There was a note tucked into her saddle.

Help! The ATV is broken down! I'm where you and my dad caught me smoking. (being an idiot) I hope you have a good memory!

Shit. When me and Kevin found him, we were just driving around aimlessly to places Kevin thought he would be. I tried to think back to where we saw him and in the end just climbed onto Messy and started riding in the general direction that I remember going.

It wasn't hard to spot Harley. He was sitting on a lawn chair in the back of the truck with a beer and a drawing book. My giggle caused him to look up and give me a goofy smile.

"I don't see any ATV." I joked. He smiled and held up the drawing book. In it, was a very poorly drawn ATV, or atleast thats what I think it is, and a couple stick people.

"Come on then, we haven't got all day." He hopped out of the truck bed and hurried over to my side opening the door. I smirked and climbed in, warmed by his gesture. He was being surprisingly... romantic? I noticed the boots he had gotten me and the jacket were in the truck too which made me curious to what was going on.

"Wait! What about Messy?" He was in the process of tying her reins to a tree and shrugged.

"Don't worry about it, I have my people on it." I giggled again, knowing his people included two seven year olds and his dad. Dristin wouldn't know what to do with Messy. When he climbed into the truck, it suddenly got awkwardly quiet. Finally, he looked up at me and smiled the same ammused smile he had the first time I saw him. "Don't look too scared Audrey!" He joked. I smiled a bit.

"Whats next?" I cut through the awkward feeling in the car which made him smile.

"Next, is a surprise. You can see when we get there!" He smiled again and started the truck, driving at an insane speed towards the house. "By the way, our selection of music is in the glovebox." I raised an eyebrow, surprised he was letting me choose what we listened to but I shrugged and dug through the random assorted papers and flashlights and other things until I found a couple CD cased. I smiled.

I smiled for a few reasons. One, they were all still in the shrinkwrap that they came in, they had never been used. Two, I knew for a fact he wouldn't like any of the CD's that were there. They were all my favorite kind of music. Three, The Ingrid Michaelson album had a couple stickers and a small note attached to it that said "pick me". I gave Harley a glance to my side and he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Hmmm I think I will go with Ingrid Michaelson." I said sarcastically and pulled off the shrink wrap putting it in. He shrugged and smiled.

"Don't get me wrong, you can listen to whatever you want. I'm just saying that is the best out of the CD's I got. The rest you can consider gifts or something." My heart warmed at the gesture since although me and him had music that we both enjoyed, he didn't like my indie pop or indie folk kind of music.

The car was quiet while we listened to Ingrid's sweet voice. She was singing "Giving Up" when Harley turned it down and smiled at me. I couldn't help but notice how good he looked. Although he was wearing a plain shirt and pair of jeans, he looked unbelievably good. His normally messy hair was gelled and combed back. He had stubble growing and his eyes seemed like they were glowing they were so bright today. He was tapping nervously on the steering wheel.

"Remember that time you got bit by a snake?" He asked lightly. I rolled my eyes.

"I also recall being so afraid of you because you were a bully that I didn't tell you until my skin felt like it was on fire and I couldn't stand without swaying." He cracked a large, sarcastic laugh.

"Because I was a bully? More like you are the most stubborn girl in the entire world and wanted to prove a point." Okay, he was right. But, he was also a bully around that time. Something white was coming up in the distance, but I couldn't see much before he pulled off to the side of the road and unbuckled himself. He started digging around in the back seat. "Where is it?" I heard him muttering to himself.

"Where is what?" I asked lightly. He grabbed a piece of cloth and sat back up, turning to me.

"Your blind fold." I looked at him curiously and then back to the bandana in his hand.

"Raise your right hand Harley, and repete after me." He got a look of utter confusion on his face but did as I said. "I, Harley Micheals," I waited for him to repete. After he did, I continued. "Promise to not lure Audrey to her doom, leave her stranded out here, use this is some sick fettish thing" I gestured to the blindfold "and just in general do nothing that will harm me." He raised his eyebrows, clearly ammused but repeted after me anyways.

"Can I put this on you now?" Nervous, I nodded and he got to tying it around my eyes.

He drove for a bit longer, and eventually stopped and got out of the truck. I started fumbling around, feeling for the door handle but soon my door flung open and Harley grabbed me by the waist, pulling me down from the seat.

The first thing I noticed were how warm Harleys hands felt against the chill in the air. It was cold here, what the hell. It was almost 80 degrees all day. He grabbed my hand and I heard the soft crunching of something under my feet. And when he pulled off my blindfold, I was completely amazed.

Awe struck, I spun in a circle. There was snow everywhere, white sparkly ice was blowing from a machine over a huge hill. There was a skii lift and a shack that was marked "RENTALS". Finally I turned back to Harley who was scratching the back of his neck nervously. I giggled, remembering how many times he did that on the first day I came to stay with them.

"Do you like it?" Was the first thing he said. "I mean, I know the owner so he gave me the key to the gate and said we can stay here all night. I even got him to turn on the snow machine for us and-" He paused, his warm eyes staring straight at me. Finally a boyish smile covered his face as he shrugged. "Its your snow Audrey." I couldn't help myself.

I practically threw myself at Harley, Wrapping my arms and my legs around him and kissing him hard. He caught on easily and grabbed my thighs, lifting me to him and working his lips against mine.

Something was different about this kiss. It wasn't out of any false emotion, jealousy, anger, lust. No, the only emotion it was out of pure love, and just wanting to be in each others presence. I let my fingers trail up and run through his hair, causing him to let out a small moan. Soon though, we pulled away for breath.

"That was..." He mumbled. I shook my head and climbed off of him.

"Don't reflect. I'm going to grab my boots and the coat." I said happily. He gave me a goofy smile, his lips slightly puffy.

"And I'm going to grab the sleds." If I was a dog, my ears would have perked up when he said sleds.

We spent the rest of the night sledding and talking and kissing. It was practically perfect, apart from the time I fell face forward off of the sled and rolled down the hill while Harley stood there laughing at me.

I was happy.