Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (2)

They had a lot of land. I walked for about 20 minutes before I found a small pond. I almost missed it the grass was so tall. There were hundreds of ducks around. The pond was shaded by a willow tree. It reminded me of what I imagine a watering hole in the amazon would look like. I sat down to draw it.

Drawing is one of the few things I am good at. I love to draw people but people usually don't like to sit still for hours and let me draw them, and if I sketch them quickly they usually don't turn out looking right.

With my headphones plugged in and a pencil in my hands, I feel like a normal teenager.

Before long though, I felt someone touch my shoulder. Of course me being me, I screamed. I yanked out my headphones as fast as physically possible.

"Jesus christ Audrey! What the hell are you doing out here?!" Harley was standing behind me. I closed my sketch book as fast as physically possible.

"Uh, nothing. Relaxing." He was clearly annoyed.

"My mom is going crazy, she thought you got lost." Oh. Woops.

"Well I'm not, so you can go now." I snapped. He looked shocked for a minute but quickly covered it with a glare.

"Well sorry we have a curfew here and you are way past it." He was angry. I looked at my phone. 10:36 pm.

"Sorry, I've never had a curfew before." I stood up and started walking towards the house when I spotted what he got here on. A gorgeous black four wheeler. I started smiling, a real smile. "Can I drive!?" I was excited.

"Uh no. One, you don't know how. Two, I'm not risking my life to teach you how." He pissed me off. Of course I knew how to drive a four wheeler. Before He could argue again I climbed on and turned the key. "Okay Audrey." He was talking slow, he actually looked scared. "My mom will kill me if you get hurt so please turn it off and step off. You can get on back and ride with me." I smiled.

"I know how to drive a four wheeler. Stop being a baby and get on." He started trying to talk me into getting off of it again when I used the gas and started going back towards the house. The engines buzzing covered most of his screaming for me to stop. When I got back to the house I pulled it next to the barn next to the tractor. I figured if this isn't where its supposed to be, he can move it.

I walked inside, Joleen was sitting at the table. Worry was all over her face.

"Oh Audrey honey! I was so worried!" She quickly wrapped herself around me in another hug. Kevin was behind her and he was just silently laughing.

Help me

I mouthed to him. He just smiled again as she let go of me. "Don't ever do that again! I know I didn't tell you about the curfew but we have so much land I didn't want you wandering too far with all the wind animals and stuff."

"I'm find Joleen, I'm in one piece see" I gestured to my body. "I didn't go out far enough to get lost. You don't have to worry about me, I promise."

"You can tell me over and over not to worry about you but I always will. You are family now. Curfew is ten o'clock unless you get permission from one of us, okay?" She actually cared. Although we both knew I wasn't part of the family I nodded.

"Sorry Joleen. I have never had a curfew before, plus where I lived it got dark around 8. Its almost 11 and the sun is just starting to go down." She was so understanding.

"Of course dear. Just try not to give me a heart attack." She smiled at me. She was so friendly. Why was she friends with my mom.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of ceral. I'm sure my mom is paying them for food and what not, and I have my credit card if I need any personal stuff, but I still felt guilty eating their food. After I was done eating my cheerios I quickly rinced my dish when I heard the door slam. I walked back downstairs to see an angry Harley.

"Harley! Audrey got back 20 minutes ago, where were you!" Joleen was yelling at Harley. I held back a smile.

"I found her and told her to come back and she stole my 4 wheeler!" He was pointing angrily at me.

"I don't know what hes talking about. I decided it was getting a bit cold out so I started heading back. I didn't steal his four wheeler." I lied. Joleen looked back to Harley, she was mad.

"Its just like you Harley to take advantage of me asking you to look for her for you to break curfew with your friends. You can muck the stalls out all of next week." I covered my mouth in an attempt not to laugh. It was time to leave before I did laugh and I got in trouble for lying. I barely made it to my room before I felt a hand on my wrist pulling me back.

"Are you serious?!" He was mad. I let myself smile.

"Don't judge me before you get to know me and I won't be mean." I pointed out. "I would have to be an idiot to not know how to drive a four wheeler. Plus if I didn't, what would I do? Crush some too long grass?" He was still angry but he let go of my wrist.

"I knew bringing a brat here would be a bad idea." He slammed his door when I absorbed what he had said. A brat? He was being over dramatic. He decided he didn't like me before he had even met me! If anyone is a brat, it is him.

I stomped back to my room and slammed the door. I opened the door to my bathroom and screamed when I saw Harley peeing in it.

"Jesus christ can I get some privacy!?" I slammed the door closed.

"What the hell are you doing in my bathroom!" I shreiked. I didn't see anything but still, gross.

"It was my bathroom first!" I covered my face. I heard flushing and opened it a crack. When I realized he was decent I opened the door, and sure enough the door I thought led to a closet lead to his room.

"No wonder your not thrilled I'm here." I said under my breath. Who wants to share their bathroom? Nobody.

"I'm not happy that you're here because you are a brat. You have had everything handed to you and then you give a family who is barely scraping by another mouth to feed." He was glaring. I glared right back.

"You are such a materialistic bastard." I stepped back and slammed my bathroom door. Maybe I would just use Anthony and Sam's bathroom. Actually you know what, screw that. He can use their bathroom.

I laid down on my springy bed and closed my eyes not bothering to change. I can't wait till my mom decides its time for me to move on. In a month maybe? I sighed and let sleep take me.

____________________________

I woke up early the next day. I wanted to be the first one in the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and went in, locking his door to make sure he didn't come in.

After taking a quick shower I put in my contacts and put on a small amount of makeup. I have really thin hair so I usually just let it air dry in its natural waves. I put in some pearl earings, a light pink jumper, a pair of black gettings, and grabbed my moccasins out of my bag. It took me about 30 minutes to get ready. I hung up my towel and went downstairs. It was only 6 am so I didn't expect anyone to be awake, but sure enough Kevin was sitting at the table drinking his coffee.

"Good Morning Audrey!" He was happy. I smiled and sat down at the table.

"Morning Kevin." I smiled. I felt like Kevin and me had a silent understanding that he went through what I'm going through and I can talk to him when I need to talk to someone.

"You're up early! Usually I like to get up before the twins because then its chaos for the rest of the day." He was smiling.

"Oh! I'm sorry if I'm inturupting your quiet time. I can go back upstairs." I blushed. I was about to get up when he shook his head and motioned for me to stay where I was.

"So how are you liking it here so far?" He took a sip of his coffee.

"Honestly?" I took a breath. "I don't like it here. Its not that I am ungrateful" I felt bad. "Its just different. Harley doesn't really like me quite obviously, I don't have service so I can't call one of my only friends and honeslty I feel bad because I feel like my mom just dumped me on your family." It felt nice to get that off of my chest. Surprisingly, he laughed.

"It would be weird if you didn't feel uncomfortable. You are in a new place, again. Joleen can go a bit overboard, she just wants you to feel like part of the family. Don't worry, soon you'll look forward to having bon fires and going mudding." I smiled. I actually had gone mudding, thats how I knew how to ride a four wheeler.

"Thanks." I smiled. Harley came down the stairs. Today he was wearing a white V neck and a pair of black skinny jeans. It was like he was a total different person.

"You coming?" He grumbled to me. I sighed and grabbed my back pack following him to the truck. I got in the passenger side and he got in the drivers side.

"How far away is the school?" I asked. We had been driving for about 20 minutes. He smirked.

"We'll be there soon enough. I know you are used to limo's and city lights, but we got fields, fields, and more fields." I glared again. He was trying to get on my nerves.

"I don't mind the scenery, its just I was surprised we left so early." I mumbled.

"I would be offended if you didn't like the scenery. I am the scenery." I glared at him again, this time he wasn't looking at me though. He was just smiling staring at the road.