Darkened

Chapter One; The Beginning.

Weaving in and out of the crowded hallways, I kept my eyes fully locked on the ground in front of me. I was near enough invisible to the students around me, but when they mocked me, labelling me as a nobody- a freak, I was perfectly visible. I was never one to stick up for myself; I just let the cruel words go over my head though as much as I wished I could just ignore them, I couldn’t help but take them to heart. I hated school. Walking to my first class I took a quick detour to my locker, I had forgotten to grab my history book this morning. I had just turned the corner to an almost empty hallway, when I noticed some girl walking towards me. I hadn't seen her around here before. As she drew closer I noticed her eyes were a perfect blue, as If they were just small diamonds glowing from their sockets. I came to an instant halt, I was dazzled. But that was nothing compared to the rest of her, she was beautiful- perfect. Her skin was porcelain white, her features sharpe, her hair an auburn brown, framing her slim face perfectly and there was a small crescent moon on the corner of her left eye. It was strange; there was something about that mark. Coming out of my trance, the girl smiled warmly at me, before brushing past, her shoulder touching mine briefly and then she was gone.

I tried not to think too much of what happened this morning, it made me feel peculiar. I hadn’t seen that girl again either, so I shrugged it off and continued my way out of the school gates, heading towards home. It was quite bitter out; I could barely feel my hands that were placed in both pockets. I just wanted to get home and in the warmth, so I sped up my pace, pushing my way through the busy streets, people barging into me as they crammed their way through small spaces within the crowds. Thinking against walking any further into the town, I made a quick turn to the left, and trudged down the small, quiet ally way. A much longer route home, but it was worth it as I’d much prefer to keep away from the bustling streets. Passing quickly through many streets, I came to a sudden stop. A sharp pain shot through my chest, my breath hitched in my throat as I crumpled to the floor. My sight blurry, my eyes darting all over in a panic, until I faded into the darkness.