Status: Complete

A Night at the Alley

A Night at the Alley

A Night at the Alley
Vic's POV-

I stood outside of my boyfriends house. The sun was just beginning to set as I stepped onto the porch and knocked on the wooden front door. As soon as I pulled my hand away the door flew open and Kellin practically tackled me.

"I was waiting for you." He said as I gently pushed him away.

"Kells, I love you but you're crushing the flowers I got for you." I said. He quickly moved away from me in fear of damaging the flowers more.

"Sorry." He said, his face flushing as he eyed the flowers. They weren't to crushed.

"For you." I said, holding out the bouquet of daisies.

He giggled adorably and took them.
"Thank you." He said as he admired them. Motioning with his hand for me to follow him, he turned and went back inside. I followed him to the kitchen and watched as he pulled out a vase, filling it with water and arranging the fresh daisies in it neatly.

As he admired his work I sneakily came up behind him and snaked my arms around his thin waist. "Ready to go?" I murmured, brushing my lips along the shell of his ear. He shivered and nodded.

"Y-yeah." He said after a moment. He cleared his throat and then continued "let's go."

I took his hand and led him out of his house and over to my car, opening the passenger door for him. He blushed and thanked me as he got in. I quickly shut the door and ran around to my side, jumping in and starting the car.

"Will you please tell me where we're going exactly?" Kellin asked after a minute. I had been planning on taking Kellin out for a week but refused to tell him where we were going.

"Nope" I said, shaking my head.

"Please?" He asked. I glanced over to see him batting his long eyelashes at me with an adorable pout on his face.

"No matter how cute you make yourself look, I'm not telling you." I told him. He huffed but gave up, crossing his arms and leaning back, still pouting.

Our destination wasn't a long drive at all. We pulled up to the one story building and parked the car near the entrance.

"Bowling?" Kellin asked, looking over at the building.

"Yeah. We've never been bowling together before." I told him as I opened my door. Kellin opened his to and we got out. When we got to the entrance I held the door for Kellin, him thanking me as he walked in.

"How many?" They younger looking guy behind the counter asked.

"Two." I answered

"That'll be twelve dollars." The guy said, holding out his hand for the money.

Kellin started to pull his wallet out but I quickly reached over and grabbed hold of his wrist to stop him. "What are you doing?" I asked

"paying for myself." Kellin told me.

"No babe, I've got this." I said and let go of his wrist. I reached into my pocket and grabbed out my wallet, taking the twelve dollars out and handing it the guy behind the counter.

"Size?" He asked as he put the money into the ancient cash register.

"Size?" Kellin asked, looking up at me.

"Your feet." I told him. What else would it be?

"Oh yeah." He said awkwardly, then turned toward the guy. "Seven."

The guy averted his gaze to me. "Ten" I told him.

He turned around and looked over the large shelf of shoes behind him for a while before finally pulling out the right sizes. I guess they aren't very organized here. We took the shoes and headed over to the lane we were directed to, lane sixteen.

We both removed our shoes and put on our bowling ones. "Alright, let's go get our balls." I said, standing up. Kellin stood up also and we began walking around looking for the right size ball. I found one that was fourteen pounds which is what I prefer, but Kellin was still looking.

"Do you need some help?" I asked him. He looked at me and nodded sheepishly.

"Yeah. What size should I even get?" He asked seeming completely lost.

"I'm guessing it's been a while since you last bowled." I commented.

"Actually I-"

"Here, try this one." I said, handing him my ball. Kellin gasped when I handed it to him and fell onto the ground. "Kells, are you okay?" I asked him, quickly dropping down next to him.

"I'm fine, it's just it's a bit heavier than I expected." He explained, his arms shaking as he tried to hold onto the ball. I quickly took it from him and stood back up, pulling him up with me.

I scanned the rack of differently weighted bowling balls for a moment before my eyes fell on the one I was looking for. I switched my ball so I was holding it with one hand and picked up an eight pound ball with the other. "Try this one. It's a lot lighter" I told him as I handed it to him. He took it and held it against himself.

"Thanks." He said, blushing a bit.

"No problem. Now come on" I said, taking his soft hand in mine and leading him over to our lane.

"Do you wanna go first?" I asked him as I began to set up the game.

"Umm sure but-"

"Okay" I said, putting his name in first, then mine. "You're up." I told him. He walked up to the lane and looked at it, then down at his ball, then to me.

"Vic" he said after a moment. I hummed in response.

"I umm, I don't exactly know, like how to, how to bowl." He said, his face heating up as he tried to get the words out.

"I thought you'd done this before." I said confused.

Kellin shook his head. "No, you just assumed I'd done this before. I tried telling you."

Smiling, I got an idea. "It's okay. Let me show you how." I said as I got up and stood behind him. "First you need to hold the ball like this." I demonstrated by taking his ball and putting my three fingers in to the holes. "You try." I said, handing it back to him. He slipped his thin fingers into it, curling them slightly so they wouldn't slip out.

"Now what?" He asked, turning his head slightly to look at me.

"Now" I said, grasping his wrist. "Pull your arm back" I pulled his arm back. "Then you'll swing your arm forward and let go of the ball when it's about here." I explained, moving his arm so it was now slightly in front of him. "Now let's do it together. Remember to let go right here."

"Okay" he nodded.

"We need to move closer" I told him. Gently pushing on his lower back with my free hand. We walked forward together and stopped right where the lane started. "Ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah" he said, sounding somewhat nervous. I pulled his arm back then moved it forward quickly, Kellin letting go of the ball exactly where I told him. It flew down the lane and crashed into the pins making them all fall over.

"Oh my god! Is that good?" Kellin asked excitedly, whirling around to face me.

"It's a strike! That's the best thing you can do!" I told him, happy to see him so happy.

Kellin squealed and jumped on me, wrapping his arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him back.

The rest of the game Kellin bowled like a pro and ended up beating me. The score was 230 to 190.

We took our bowling shoes off and put our own on. After that we put our balls up, dropped our shoes off at the counter, and walked out.

We got back to the car and I opened the door for Kellin to get back in and shut it behind him. I then walked around to the driver side and got in and started the car.

We got out of the parking lot and were now on the main road when Kellin spoke. "Vic? Can we make this like a weekly thing?" He asked, smiling widely at me.

"Of course babe." I told him as he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy and comments please!