Status: Please buy the book for Kindle if it does become available. If it becomes available I will likely take down all but the first 12 chapters.

Firestarter

First Impressions Again

I tried my hardest to get to know the kid, tried really hard to communicate with him and find out what that “shadow beast hunter” thing was about, but he wouldn’t budge. I guess he was really shy; which is weird, because I’ve broken a few people out of their shells before. Though I wondered if I was the one who really needed to broken out of my shell.

I almost considered talking to Adeline, but whenever I passed her in the hallway she would immediately turn the opposite direction like I was the bird flu or something.

Just forget about her, I thought to myself every time she did that. She’s not any use to you at all.

She’s just a girl. Guys like you should be getting girls all the time.

But there was another part of me that argued, no! You must apologize to Adeline! She’s different from all the others! You have to do something! How else are you going to protect the world? You can’t do it on your own!

My own brain had managed to confuse me. Usually it takes whatever nonsense comes from a teacher’s brain to do that.

I hadn’t been home for two weeks now. I wasn’t hungry because I was blowing the remainder of my lunch money left on my account on giant lunches, however I knew that money would come to an end soon. There’s no way my mom would continue to support me after I had ran away from them.

However, I was at times freezing cold and felt all alone. Sometimes I thought about coming back, but I just couldn’t now. Besides, where could they be now?

Wait…

Where could they be now?

What had happened to my parents since I had ran away? They could’ve been assaulted, mugged, or…worse.

I immediately jumped up from where I was sitting down and began running to Adeline’s house. I had to admit it; the girl was right, they did know what was best for me. And now I had to repay the favor, one way or another.