All I Ask of You

part 11

-~- October 31, 2005 -~-
-~- Frank's P.O.V -~-

I looked at the case until I couldn't look at it any more. I picked out three rings.

One that had a gold band and a single diamond set on it. The classical engagement ring, then one with a white gold band with a Celtic design on it, with an emerald stone, then the last one.... White gold band, with a large orange stone with small black stones on the side. The orange topaz was cut into a heart, with the black stones cut into small rose-like flowers. I thought it would be perfect, but I wasn't sure.

"Could you put these on hold for like, two days?"

"Of course. Take your time." I nodded a thanks and called Gerard.

"Hello?"

"Gerard?"

"Frank? Where are you?"

"I need your help." on the other line, I heard him tell Charlie where he was going and that he'll see her tomorrow.

"Where are you?"

"The jewelers."

"Why?"

"When you get your ass over here, then you'll know."

"Bastard," it took Gerard a total of ten minuets to reach the store, "What?"

"Follow me." I said. I took him to the case where my choices were sitting on. Gerard's eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I need your help with picking out a ring for Charlie." I said.

"Are you insane," Gerard asked, "Samiri will skin you if she ever finds out what you're doing."

"What Samiri doesn't know won't hurt her," I repeated. Gerard looked at me then at the rings.

"You're insane," he mumbled before pointing at the ring with the orange stone, "I think Charlie will really like that one." he smiled at me. I nodded and told the sales clerk to save the ring for I'll be in tomorrow to pay for it. I went back to Gerard's car and headed for home.

-~-November 1, 2005-~-
-~-Frank's P.O.V-~-

Ray and Samiri still weren't back from their date. Gerard tried calling him, but his cell phone was off. Charlie was still in the hospital, and so was Mikey. The doctors couldn't find blood so he almost died. He's slowly recovering from it. I slept horribly last night. The thought that I would be buying Charlie's ring today crept into my dreams, along with the fear that she'd say 'no.'

"Relax," said Gerard as he pulled into the jewelers parking lot, "Everything will turn out fine."

"Gerard.... Please.... No more Sound of Music" I said looking at him.

"Sorry?"

"Whatever." I stepped out of the car and opened the front door.

"Hello." said the young lady.

"Yes. I'm here to buy the ring I set aside last night."

"Okay," the lady bent down and came back up carrying a velvet, navy blue box. She rang it up, and I paid, "Thank you," she said. I nodded and left.

"Let me see it." said Gerard.

"You saw it last night."

"So. I want to see it again," sighing, I opened the box revealing the ring,"Jesus, you really bought that thing?"

"That's why I have it," I said, "Why? Don't you think that I love her?"

"Samiri will ask Charlie where she got that, you do realize that."

"Yeah. But I found out something last night on the Internet. Charlie can remove the restraining order."

"What!"

"She can remove it. So really, everything will be perfect."

"But Samiri will have a cow."

"I would love to see that," I said as Gerard drove off to the hospital.