Status: Done. :D

Mailbox

Chapter 5 - Surprise

Three days passed so fast. All the snow melted and I was sick. Just like I knew I would be. I woke up at my usual hour but I didn't have the energy to move. I laid motionlessly for a while after turning my head to look at Gerard.

He was sleeping next to me. The next night from the night I fell asleep on Gerard's shoulder, he said he could sleep on the couch but I insisted on him sleeping in the bed with me. I wanted him to sleep next to me because I didn't want to be alone but I told Gerard it was only because I wanted him to be comfortable.

After about half an hour of doing nothing but watching Gerard sleep, he stirred awake.

He looked at me and smiled lazily. He stretched and yawned before speaking.

"G'mornin'." If I didn't feel so bad I would have giggled at his laziness. He seemed to notice that.

"Are you ok Frankie? You don't look well." He said with no trace of his previous laziness.

"I'm sick." I said plainly. My voice sounded much more scratchy than normal.

"Oh, Frankie! Do you want me to make you some soup?" He asked me gently.

I nodded helplessly.

For the last three days, we got to know each other very well and we helped each other as much as we could.

Gerard got out of bed immediately and ran downstairs.

After realizing I can't stay in bed all day, I forced myself out of it and took the blanket with me. I slowly walked down the stairs with my blanket around my shoulders.

Just as I was about to go help Gerard with the soup, the doorbell rang. Probably the mail man. I thought.

I opened the door and was astonished when I saw who stood behind it.

I felt anger boiling inside me as I saw his stupidly perfect face.

"Look Frankie, please listen I-"

"You still have the nerve to come and see me!?" I screamed at Sam. I couldn't resist the urge to do it even if it hurt my throat like hell.

"Baby, I'm sorry! Please I can-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear anything!"I screamed once again and tried to shut the door to his face but he put his foot between the door and it's frame. It probably hurt his foot so much but I didn't care.

"You fucker..." I hissed at him.

"Frankie, is everything alright?" Gerard piped in.

"Yes, everything's alright." I replied and turn back to Sam who looked close to tears.

"Who is that?" He whispered. I was aware that Gerard was just behind me listening.

"It doesn't matter who he is. Go away." I told him as calm as I can.

"Please... Frankie. One last chance." He begged me.

"I gave you everything Sam. You lost all your chances... Goodbye." I told him.

This time I closed the door and he didn't stop me.

I felt so bad. I knew I shouldn't be the one that felt this bad but I somehow did. I felt Gerard wrap his arms around me from behind. I immediately relaxed into his embrace and put my hands over his. I sighed. I was so glad he was there.

"I know it's hard, but it'll get better." He murmured into my ear. I hummed in response. I didn't want to believe it but his embraces and his words felt much better than anyone else's ever did. He was rubbing circles on my stomach with both of his thumbs and it was making my heart melt. Oh god... This can't be happening! I thought No, no, no! It can't happen this fast!

He gave me a tight squeeze and let go. I turned to face him. He was smiling that special smile again. The one that made me shiver every time. The one that looked so cute, yet so cool on him.

"Your soup is ready. I made it just the way you said you like it." He said.

We exchanged smiles and walked together to the table. We sat opposite from each other so that we could see each other easily. When I took a spoonful of soup into my mouth I realized that Gerard really had made it just the way I like.

"Hmm... Delicious!" I said, smiling.

"I'm glad you like it." He replied, smiling back. I have never smiled as much as I did in the past few days.

"You know..." He started hesitantly.

"... I'm due to leave today." That simple sentence was enough to send all my world crashing down. Of course he has to leave. He has a life. I can't make him stay here forever.

"Oh... Yeah, of course. I have forgotten about that." I said. I tried to talk in a casual tone but failed miserably.

He sighed deeply.

"I don't want to leave your side when you're sick like this but have to start a new painting today." He said bitterly.

"I can look after myself, don't worry." I made sure I didn't look into his eyes because I'm a terrible liar.

He sighed again as I kept eating my soup.

"Do you have any art materials?" He asked.

I stopped for a moment to think.

"I think I may have some... But I'm not sure. One of us has to go check."

"I can do that. Where do you think they may be?"

"The garage. Good luck to you entering the garage." I told him.

He looked confused a little bit.

"Why did you say that?" He asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

" You'll see." I said while smirking.

I guessed he'd realize that I throw everything I don't use into the garage when he entered it.

He didn't push any further.

After I finished my soup, I decided I'd continue reading my book so I laid down on the couch in front of the fireplace while Gerard went to the garage. He didn't know what he got himself into.

I was looking at the book but my mind wasn't on it. I was thinking about Gerard, about how sweet he was being. He was going to take care of me. He was ignoring his own personal life for me.

I knew from that moment, that he was so much different to every other person I've ever known. Much better than them. Much more reliable, much more thoughtful, much more careful, much more sweet than anyone I've ever known.

For once in my life, it paid to have a shitty immune system.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hellooo!

Yay! Fast updates! :D
Thank you everyone, soo, soo much!

So, this is the cutest chapter ever! :3
I hope you liked it!
Personally, I'm in love with the part where Gee hugs Frankie from behind and the lazy morning scene. OwO

And about the "eating my soup" part. I researched if we used drink or eat with soup but I only got a big question mark. It looks like that is an international problem but I just went with what the majority of the people said on the internet.

Whatever.
Thank you sooo much! I love youuuu *kisses*

C: