The Lost Soul

nine

Darcy

I was so happy that I was back. But it wasn't the same. David doesn't stay with me in the day time. He never lets me sit on his lap. I need him so badly. But he's afraid that he will hurt me. Paul lies with me and is there to calm me down. I sit on Shane's lap throughout the night.

Shane is the best brother ever. And so is Paul. Dwayne and Marko are more like father figures to me. And David he means the world to me.

I awoke at night and went out to the main part of the cave. No-one was there apart from David. The boys all went up to the boardwalk. I watched him look at me. Fag in his hand. I wasn't scared of him. I just wanted him to talk to me like he used to. He went to walk away from me.

"Please David. I love you. And I know you love me. Please don't leave me alone. It's hurting so much. I need you." I said and he stopped in his tracks.

"Darcy I can't love you. Ill hurt you. I don't trust myself." He said as he turned away.

"I'll turn. I'll be one of you. Then you can't hurt me ever. No-one will." I said suddenly. David turned confused face. Was he pleased?

"You don't mean that. You don't want that and neither do I." I replied.

"Well there is no point me being alive. I can't live without you David." I yelled tears falling from my face as I ran passed him and to the cliff edge. I had to make my point. I knew he still care for me.

"Darcy. Get down. Get away from the edge NOW!" He yelled.

"No if you don't want me then I don't want to be here. Change me David if you're afraid to hurt me. Or have me human. You choose one of them or ill jump. I'm serious David. I won't back down. I love you." I yelled. More tears down my eyes. I hoped he'd stop me.

"Ok Darcy. You made your point. I love you too and always will but I can't change you not yet. I'll lose you if I do. You won't be my innocent damaged Darcy. You're so innocent and I can't take that away. Come away from the edge Darc. I care. I love you." He said. I didn't move. I felt a wave of air and the David had me in his arms. I held on tight to his jacket like I never wanted to let go.

"Don't you ever do that again?" He said.

David

I can't believe she did that. I know how much she loved me. I could see it in her eyes. I knew she needed me. But I couldn't. I was so afraid of my vampire side that I would hurt her again. I hated the fact that we never talked and she would sit on Shane's lap. I so wanted to hold her, and tell her she was safe. I have been watching her dad for a few days now. Watching his routine and what he does. Now Darc had given me an idea.

When she turns he will be her first kill.