Status: Updates will be whenever.

Snow Fall

My new Friend.

Heavy footsteps and numerous giggles and voices caused me to open my eyes, my body felt cold as my gaze shot over to the window. All I saw was white, white, oh and more white. I looked around the bus, finding no one to be there. As I got up I started to feel dizzy, I got up way too fast. I grabbed onto each of the seats and made my way to the front of the bus.

As I stepped out I noticed that we were parked at a gas station and through the windows I could clearly see that the girls were shopping with the money that their parents supplied them with. I reached into my raggedy coat pocket, finding a piece of lint and a penny. Well, it would be of no use to me to check my other pocket for I knew the contents of it.

But, just so I won’t suffer from embarrassment, I walked inside and slid away from the others, wanting to distance myself from the group. Picking things up and pretending to be interested as well as if I were buying something. My eyes drifted along the aisles, finding the drinks which I really could use at the moment.

My hand slide over my stomach as it growled loudly at me, I guess I could use some chips as well. But it’s not as if I could just buy something. My parents spend as much money as they can just to get me into the academy, but they don’t bother giving me anything to use. Their intentions were obvious, so maybe it’s a good thing that we weren’t going home for Christmas break. I swear I may just run away.

Shaking my head as I thought about it I forgot all about my bodily needs and walked out through the sliding doors. The cold air starting to numb my pain, and I welcomed it. Before I could walk any further I felt a hand on my shoulder, while slightly turning my head I noticed that it was the girl that I shared seats with.

My gaze flew down to the green five dollar bill that she held out to me, her eyes casted down to the ground. Is it that obvious that I don’t have any money? I shook my head and tried to push her hand back, telling her that she should keep the money. It was hers and she would probably need it more than I.

I politely smiled and turned away, only to feel her hand on my arm. I stilled as she pushed the money into my palm and began walking towards the bus. Well, I guess she doesn’t take no as an answer. The paper bill felt warm in my palm, just like the girl’s was.
I guess I can’t waste it since did she give it to me. I heard another loud growl erupt my stomach, assuming that it agreed.
~
Sitting back in my seat, I felt like I had brought the entire convenience store in my lap; Doritos, a Monster, and at least two packs of Gummy Bears. The girl who sat next to me had continued looking out the window, same as when I had gotten on.

I had realized that our group had stopped for gas, our first stop out of many to come. We were back on the road now, many other cars surrounding us, behind, in front and on both sides. I pried open my bag of Doritos, the smell of ranch hitting my nose as I fished through the bag.

My fingers coated with seasoning as they touched and grabbed at the chips as I had gotten an entire handful and stuffed my face. Smiling sheepishly as the other girls gave me looks, causing me to take one chip at a time as to not annoy them. A giggle came from my right side I turned my head seeing the girl that I sat next to.

She smiled at me, a tired smile as it seemed. “I’m Rina, I’ve seen you around in the dorms but I can’t help it when I see others I… find it hard to speak.” Her voice was a soft and sweet sound, who wouldn’t want to hear her talk? But her words put a smile on my face, “Well Rina, I feel like I should thank you. I mean you really didn’t need to give me your money..”
She shook her head as her words were soft, a tiny whisper. “I wanted you to have it…”

Rina seems like a sweet girl, I wish we could have met each other at an earlier time in the year. As the bus carried on, the ride didn’t seem so long and boring with having Rina to talk to. We discussed our lives, what went out and how we ended up being enrolled into the academy. Rina was abused by her mother’s boyfriend. She was also molested and nearly raped.

But, the police were called because of his intoxication, his voice was raised and both Rina and her mother were being verbally abused. Their next door neighbors heard and her mother’s ex-boyfriend was taken to jail. Rina was able to go back to school a couple of months later, but she did not trust the opposite sex. Thus, the reason for her being at Miss Mae’s Academy.

Also during our ride, I shared my music with her as well as some of my Gummy bears. Hollywood Undead, Ariana Grande, Ciara, and Ghost Town being some of the artists/bands we favoured.
~
My body pushed forward against my seatbelt as our bus came to a jutting stop. My gaze took notice at the change of scenery. We were obviously not anywhere near close to where our last stop was. I sat up and stretched in my seat, all of the other girls were talking excitedly. Some had their phones out and were taking pictures already, but there was nothing to see yet right? Wrong.

Of course we were in London already, this I knew from the slanted looking landmarks. The scenery was beautiful even with the white snow on the ground.

We were heading over to our hotel, where I would be able to get some real sleep. Not sleeping off and on every time the bus made a stop. Or having items thrown at my head while I slept by the other girls, just peace and quiet, as well a warm bed.

Our bus pulled up in front of the hotel, just as the bus came to stop everyone began filling out, grabbing all of their bags as well as their friends. I grabbed my worn out pink duffel and threw it over it over my shoulder, Rina following as I stepped off of the bus.

My eyes taking a good long look at the building before me, my exaggeration of the height being… maybe twenty feet tall or more. In the grey light casted down from the skies, the blue lights in the words ‘Park Plaza County Hall’ were a little dimmed. Five pillars stood on each end of the entrance.

My eyes were pulled away from the exterior of the building as Miss Kallaway led us inside. The majority of the group walking ahead of Rina and I. No one bothered to hold the door open for us, just walking inside as the interior captured their gaze.

Just as we stepped inside, Miss Kallaway stood around the others, waving us over impatiently. “There are six rooms ladies, three are for four to share and the other half Is for two. The groups can be split however you would prefer, just remember to be on your best behaviour ladies.”

Everyone started to giggle and bounce around, talking about who should be in who’s room. I let out a sigh as I threw my duffel onto a chair and sat on the floor next to it. At this rate I knew what would happen, I’d get stuck with one or maybe three other girls. Up at night, gossiping about what the latest trends were in London, or who the hottest guys are.

I wouldn’t get any sleep while being here. A bigger and longer sigh huffed out of me like I was a bear. A shadow stood in front of me, shielding me from the lights above. I looked up, seeing Rina with the keycard to what was to be our room?
~
The groups rooms resided on the fifth and sixth floors, ours being on the sixth. Rina held the card in her hand, looking at it from time to time with each door that we passed. “402, 403, 404, 405..” she mumbled underneath her breath, although our room was number 409, she took her time getting there.

Our room was centered in the middle of the hall. She pushed the key into the slot, to where it made the ‘clicking’ sound. I pushed the door open, seeing one bed near the door, the rest of the room being on the other side. The bathroom in the middle of the room, along with a little counter for kitchen items.

As we stepped into the room, Rina and I were starstruck. This place has got to be expensive as hell,
and their seriously paying for all of this? I threw my duffel bag onto the bed, just as Rina threw her backpack on it. She walked throughout the room while I just sat on the bed, instantly feeling it sink beneath my weight.

This has got to be one of those memory foam beds. I pulled my duffel to the side and pushed back so that I would jump and fall onto the pillows. So far…it’s okay. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to like being here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking such a long time on this. Finding inspiration is getting a little harder to do. But I'll try to update as I can ^^ and the story got judged, how amazing is that? :D Picked up the attitude I had with my work, I just may get through this one. The next chapter may be a while ^^

Thank you for reading. ♥