Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 1

*beep beep beep*
my alarm rudely yelled, waking me up from a wonderful sleep. "Ughh I don't want to work today," I thought, just like every other morning. I got up, showered, got dressed, and then drove the short distance to my work.

Walking in, I was greeted by Lane, my assistant manager & one of my best friends. "Ready for a wonderful day of Subway??" She asked, full of sarcasm as usual.
"6:30 in the morning is too early to be alive" I replied.
"I agree," Lane said, "but I don’t know, I have a good feeling about today. Something good is going to happen."
"Unless that something good is I don't have to make a single sandwich, then I don't care" I said.
It may not seem like it now, but I actually don't hate my job. Being a manager of a Subway isn't really all that terrible; I'm just not a morning person, and sometimes the tediousness of it all can get to me.

Despite my grumpiness, Lane and I got the store ready in record time, & we got to relax a bit before the lunch crowd came in.
"So how are things with you and Zach?" She asked. Zach is my boyfriend; I met him a year ago when I first moved to Manchester from the United States. He’s a great guy, and I love him, but our relationship is far from perfect.
"Oh, you know, we've still been kind of fighting lately, but I feel like it's getting better."
"Is he still talking to that whore?" She asked with a pointed look. Our main problem is that he has this habit of talking to his ex. Normally I don't have an issue with those things, but a few months ago I accidently saw some of them and noticed that they were pretty sexual, and that’s when our problems started.
"I don't know, he told me he stopped, but every once in a while I'll see her name pop up on his phone, so he might be."
"I still don't know why you didn't kick him to the curb the second you read those messages in the first place. I know he didn't actually cheat, but it still hurt you, and he knew it would."
"I know, but he really does seem to be trying, everyone deserves a second chance, right?" I said, putting on a big grin for effect, “Plus, he promised this weekend that he was going to take me out on a nice date to try to make up for everything.”
"Whatever you say, Sarah." Was all she said before going to help a customer.
I honestly do agree, I probably should've ended things with him before. But Zach's was so good to me that it's hard to overlook all the good just for what he referred to as a "stupid mistake."

I heard the doorbell ring, pulling me from my thoughts, so I went to see if Lane needed help. Standing before me were 3 very handsome guys, 1 tall one who had short brown hair, another one slightly shorter with longer, lighter brown hair, and the most gorgeous eyes I had ever seen, and another one who was the shortest, who had blonde hair with some brown roots peeking out. I brought myself out of my momentary daze to greet them.
"Hi, welcome to subway! What can I get for you?"
"One of everything you have" the blonde one quickly replied, slamming his hands down on the ledge before him for dramatic effect.
"No, no, he's kidding" the tall one cut in before I could reply, "We'll just take 5 of your Italian subs, with lettuce & tomatoes on them."
"But Liam!" The blonde one cried, "I wanted steak! I haven't eaten all morning, and I need something more than an Italian sub if you expect me to live!"
"Niall, come on, we agreed we'd keep it simple so we can get back to the guys faster" pretty eyes stated.
"It's really quite alright" I cut in, "I can make you 4 Italians and a steak, it's no Hassle for me."
"You are a saint!" The one called Niall replied.
"It's really no big deal, I can put everything on it too if you'd like."
He nodded happily in response, while the other guys just rolled their eyes. I made their subs as quickly as I could. As I rang them out, Liam tried to apologize for Niall "being difficult."
"It really isn't a problem," I laughed, "I've definitely dealt with far worse."
“Oh I can only imagine” Niall said, “Now c’mon guys, let’s get a move on so we can eat!” He dragged the other two out of the store, and they were gone.

“Did you notice the one guy kept staring at you?” Lane said
“What? No. I was more focused on making sure the other one didn’t jump over the glass to get his sandwich before I even finished it.” Lane laughed, then said
“Well, the other one, who didn’t say much, just couldn’t take his eyes off of you. You should’ve gotten his number!”
“Yeah, ok, I’m sure he was just thinking, ‘Oh wow, look at this gross girl making my sandwich, I don’t know if I’ll be able to eat it”” I joked, but then said, “Besides, you know I have Zach.”
“Yeah, whatever.” She replied, before sticking her tongue out at me.

*Louis' point of view*

We got back to the house and started eating our food. Niall was really excited by how good his was, and couldn’t get over how nice the girl who made it was.
“I’m amazed she was so nice, despite how crazy you were about it” Liam joked
“Hey! She even said herself she’s dealt with far worse!” Niall replied, “Besides, if she was freaked out by anyone, it was probably Louis.”
“What?! What did I do??”
“You just stared at her the entire time like a creep, giving her looks like this,” He imitated Louis’ face by dropping his mouth open and drooling a little, making a dumbfounded expression.
“Really Lou?” Harry cut in, “You haven’t looked at anyone like that since Eleanor.”
“Shut up!” I said, “I was not looking at her like that. I mean, yeah, she looked pretty fit, but…”
“Oh, so you were staring at her! At least enough to notice she was fit!” Niall said, smirking triumphantly.
“I,, no,, well,,, shut up!” I stammered. Clearly this was a lost cause.
“Hmmm…” Harry said, “Maybe we’ll have to get subs again for lunch tomorrow, so I can investigate just how ‘fit’ this girl really is.”
“Great, just great” I thought, “Now they’re going to make an absolute fool out of me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this is literally the first chapter I've written of anything ever. I know it's bad, but just bare with me! I know where I want to go with this, but I'm terrible at introductions and starting things out. But it's going to get better I promise! :)

Edit- I know this first chapter is pretty awful, but i swear as I've gone on I've noticed my writing getting better! So just try to bare with me, and maybe read a few more to see if you like it. You can also feel free to leave me comments saying what you do/don't like about it. Thanks!