Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 16

“Kelly… Christmas is in a week.”

I looked over at my roommate, as we sat in our apartment, watching TV. We were finally back home, which was great, but I had only just realized that in the chaos of everything, we had almost forgotten about Christmas. Well, at least I had.

“I know, I already bought my ticket home. I’m leaving on Friday, but I’ll be back the day after Christmas. Are you going home to visit at all?”

“No, probably not. I completely forgot to buy presents, first of all, and second, I just don’t feel like seeing them to be honest.”

“Oh, well… you should probably go shopping then, at least. I heard the guys mentioning that Louis’ birthday is Christmas Eve.”

“Yeah, it is. Which means I have to get him two presents! I can’t even think of one!” I threw my hands up in frustration, “I mean, we’ve only been dating two weeks, I don’t even know what he needs or wants!”

“Ooh! I know! I’ll call Niall over, and then we can go shopping with him, and he can help!”

“Ok, that actually sounds like a really good idea.”

“Yay! I get to see Niall!” she exclaimed, before running off to get her phone and call him.

An hour later, I was wandering around the mall with Niall and Kelly, trying to find presents for everyone.

“This was a terrible idea,” I moaned, “There’s so many people!”

“Well, that’s what you get for waiting until the last minute!” Niall said

“Hey! I was distracted! Now, less picking on me, and more helping me find Louis presents!” I had already found presents for my parents and sister, and luckily there was a post office here, so I had already had them wrapped and shipped.

“Do you and him even have plans for Christmas?” Niall asked

“No. I mean, I know he’s probably going to go and visit his family. I just figured I’d stay home, and him and I can do something when he gets back.”

“Aren’t you going home with Kelly?” he asked, eyebrows raised in confusion.

“No, I don’t really have the money too, and they have so many plans I’d probably just get in the way.” I said, smiling quickly to better cover up my lies.

“Ah, ok. Well, Louis likes football, so you could get him something football related?” Niall said

“Hmm… he does seem to talk about some Manchester United thing a lot…” I said.

“There’s a sports shop over that way, maybe we’ll find something there?” Kelly suggested. We headed in that direction and it wound up being the perfect idea. I found him a Manchester United jersey, and a travel mug, which I thought could be nice for while they were on tour. The salesperson also let me know that there was a ticketmaster down the way, and that there were tickets available for a few games they had coming up in January. So, I got him and I tickets to go see a game as well. I wasn’t really a huge fan of football, but I figured maybe Louis would be willing to help me understand. Satisfied with my purchases, we made our way back to Niall’s house, and decided to drop in for a bit so I could say hi to Louis.

“I got you presents!” I said as I walked into his room, surprising him.

“Aww.. babe, you didn’t have to get me anything!” he said, getting up from his bed to give me a hug and a kiss.

“Hey! It’s your birthday! And Christmas! I can’t just not get you presents!” I laughed as we walked back over to his bed and I sat with him.

“Ahh… yes, well, my birthday is a pretty important thing” he said, making me giggle.

“So, you’re visiting your family, right?” I asked, and he nodded in reply, “When will you be back? I figured we could just exchange gifts then. And maybe I could make you dinner or something so that you have something to eat after your long drive home.”

“Oh, no, you don’t have to do that. Won’t you be tired after your flight?” he asked.

“Flight, what flight? I’m not going anywhere”

“Oh, well, Kelly was here the other day talking about going home for Christmas, I just figured you were going too.”

“Nope. I didn’t really feel like dealing with the madness, so I’m just staying home.”

“You’re going to be alone on Christmas?” he asked, seeming surprised.

“Yeah, well, I mean, it’s no big deal. I did it last year. Kelly went home, Zach went away to visit his parents, and I just stayed here. I really don’t mind.” I honestly didn’t, it was nice to have a quiet day to myself.

“Oh.. well… if you’re sure…” he said.

“I am.” I smiled and gave him a kiss to reassure him. At that moment, Kelly came in and asked if I was ready to leave, since she had driven us. We went home, and I wrapped all of Louis’ presents. I felt satisfied that this was going to be a great Christmas.

*Louis’ point of view*

I couldn’t believe that Sarah actually planned on spending Christmas by herself. I felt terrible leaving her alone, especially knowing that Zach had done the same thing the year before. I really wanted to stay here with her, but I also wanted to see my family. And I couldn’t make them come all the way out here, that would be too difficult. I decided to call my mom and ask her what to do.

“Hey, mum, it’s me.”

“Louis! It’s so good to hear from you. You’re still coming over Christmas Eve, right?”

“Yeah, the guys and Sarah and I are doing something for my birthday the night before, but I’m going to leave in the morning to be there after lunchtime.”

“Sounds great! How is Sarah, by the way? You haven’t told me much other than the fact that you really fancy her and that she’s your girlfriend.”

“She’s good. Doing great actually, but I am a little concerned about some things.”

“Why’s that? Is that Zach kid bothering her more?”

“Oh, no, he’s no longer an issue. But, she’s not going home for Christmas like I thought she was. She’s planning on staying home alone. And I just feel so terrible, leaving her by herself on Christmas. But I don’t want to not visit you guys either. I just don’t know what I should do.”

“Louis, I’m your mother and I love you. But sometimes, you can be really daft. Just bring her with you to visit!”

“Really? It wouldn’t be too much? I do really want her to meet everyone. I mean, I know we’ve only been together a few weeks, but I don’t know, there just something about her, I just really like her and I can tell this is going to be a good thing. But I don’t want to freak her out.”

“Nonsense, it’s not too much at all! And from the way you talk about her, I can just tell this shouldn’t freak her out at all. It’ll be perfect!”

“Ah, ok, well, I’ll ask her about it and let you know?”

“Sounds great! Now, I’ve got to go, but have a good night and I’ll see you in a week!”

I hung up the phone, and smiled. I really was excited at the idea of Sarah meeting my family, I just hoped she would be too.

*Sarah’s point of view*

“Come to my family’s house for Christmas”

I read and reread the text Louis had sent me. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I really did want to meet Louis’ family, but I didn’t want them to think I was some crazy person intruding on their Christmas. We had only been together for a few weeks, after all. That hardly seemed like enough time to spend Christmas with the family.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to intrude.” I sent back. He replied almost immediately.

“No, you won’t be. It was my mum’s idea actually. She doesn’t want you to spend Christmas alone, and neither do I.”

I smiled, he was seriously the sweetest. Last year, I had hoped that Zach would take me along to meet his family for Christmas, but he just thought it would be rude towards them for me to intrude like that. I just thought it would be the same for Louis, so I hadn’t even bothered asking. But to know I was invited just made me feel so happy and welcome.

“Ok, I’ll go :)” I replied. This really was going to be a great Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! sorry it's been awhile. With school starting back up, it's been a little hectic for me. But I promise to try to do at least a chapter a week, if not more, from here on out! <3