Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 6

“Hey, It’s Sarah! Leave a message and I’ll call you back! Bye!” said Sarah’s cheery voice as I got her voicemail, again. It had been a week since she had last talked to me. I had sent her a bunch of texts, and called her a few times too, even gone in to Subway to try and find her, but she was unreachable.

“Sorry, she took a vacation for a couple weeks” Was all Lane said when I asked where she was.

“But I just talked to her yesterday, and she said she’d be working today.” I had said when I went in the day I was supposed to see her.

“I’m really sorry Louis,” she said, looking even more upset, “something came up, and it’s not my place to tell. You’ll have to wait to talk to her.”

Well, I have waited. I tried to be patient, but she didn’t respond to anything. What did I do? Did I go too far in comforting her? The guys were also stumped, having no idea what could be so wrong that she wouldn’t even talk to any of us.

*Sarah’s point of view*

“I should’ve never let Josh leave early, I should’ve let him stay to walk out with me.”

“I should’ve just kept walking to my car and ignored him.”

“My keys.. I could’ve used them as a weapon.”

“I should’ve screamed louder.”


All that’s been going through my head the past few days were things I could’ve done differently. Everything I could have done to prevent what happened. I was so stupid, it was all my fault.

He raped me.

After my boss found out what happened, he let me have 2 weeks paid time off in order to sort myself out. I was so grateful for him, he wasn’t even mad. He was just worried about my well-being. It was a blessing, because I couldn’t figure out how to face anyone, or even get back into my car, where it happened. But at the same time now I had nothing more to do but dwell on everything I should’ve done differently.

My phone went off, another text from Louis. I felt even more terrible, because I had been ignoring him all week. I just couldn’t figure out how to face him. I knew he’d be upset, and what if he got mad at me? It was my fault after all. And even if I did want to tell him, I’d never be able to figure out how. The police officer who brought me home was the one who told Kelly, and she then told my boss and Lane. Yes, I had filed a police report, but it didn’t matter. Zach had money, although he never told me about what he did, I knew he had a lot of it. He was out on bail within a day, and I was then too terrified to even leave my room.

Eventually, I decided to get up and shower. Afterwards, I went out and lay on the couch and started watching The Emperor’s New Groove again. It made me smile because it was the movie Louis had picked to cheer me up, and I really wanted to text him and have him come over, but I shook away those feelings and just watched the movie alone.