Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 7

“Sarah! Wake up!” I woke up to Kelly shaking me violently.

“Ughh what time is it??” I asked groggily.

“1 in the afternoon you twat! You slept all day!”

“Really?” I asked, sitting up. “Well, it’s probably a good thing anyway, my ‘vacation’ is almost over, might as well get in as much sleep as possible.” I lay back down and closed my eyes.

“No!” she yelled, “Not today! I’m sick of you being all sad and mopey! Tonight we’re going out!”

“It’s not like I’m trying it!” I started to say, a little offended. I still felt terrible after what happened with Zach. I couldn’t stop blaming myself for everything, and I couldn’t even stand to go near my car, or to even let anyone touch me. Even at home, if Kelly bumped into me by accident I would instantly stiffen up and start to cry. And to make matters worse, Louis stopped trying to talk to me at all. I guess he got sick of my ignoring him, and I realize I should have just sucked it up and talked to him. But it was probably too late now.

“No, no, I know” Kelly said, “I just mean I want you to feel better. And my friend Chloe from work is sick, and can’t use the tickets she got to a concert tonight, so she gave them to us to use! They even have backstage passes!” She said excitedly.

“I don’t know, everywhere I go I always get this feeling like Zach is going to be there, and I don’t want to risk seeing him.” Tears started to well up as I said it, I was terrified of what would happen if I saw him.

“oh Sarah,” Kelly sighed as she sat next to me, “You can’t hide like this forever. Plus, you got that restraining order, and so if he does come near you again, I don’t think a judge would be so willing to give him the option of bail.” I sighed, knowing she was right. I couldn’t live in fear forever. “And, you don’t have to worry about him being there anyway. It’s a boy band, and I couldn’t see Zach going to one of their shows.”

I raised my eyebrows, “A boy band? Really? That’s where you’re taking me to get me out of my slump?”

“oh shut up!” she laughed, “I know you’ll like them. I already heard you singing one of their songs, ‘One Thing’ or whatever.” Oh, I knew who she was talking about- One Direction. I hadn’t listened to them too much, I hadn’t even seen pictures or anything, but I did know the song she mentioned. I hear dit on the radio a lot and it grew on me.

“Ok, let’s go.” I said.

…….

“Kelly, why did I let you bring me here?” We arrived at the concert only to be surrounded by a bunch of screaming teenagers. “I seriously think we’re the oldest ones here, besides the parents.” I looked around and saw some of the kids were so young their poor parents had to come with them, looking even more exasperated than I was.

“Oh, c’mon, it’s not that bad!” She said. I just glared at her and sat in my seat, waiting for the show to begin. We watched the first act, some guy named Ed Sheeran, play, and he was pretty good, had a very nice voice. All the girls seemed to know who he was though, because they screamed at everything he said and sang along to all his songs. “Great,” I thought, “It’s going to be even worse when this One Direction comes out.” After the first act ended, we waited a bit for them to set up for the band. Then, suddenly, the lights lowered, and all the girls started screaming like crazy. The music started, and the band started to walk out on stage.

Oh, fuck.