Playing House

How Far Are You Willing To Go?

“Adam are you still asleep?” Felicia asked as she ran into his room and jumped on the bed landing on top of him.

“No I’m totally awake.” He groaned obviously still half asleep.

“Wake up!” She squealed laughing at him as she hit him with his pillows.

“Get out of here.” He said rolling over sending Felicia flying. She hit the ground with a loud thud. “Oh god are you alright?” Adam said jumping out of the bed.

“Yea you jerk.” She said still laughing as she held her head.

“I’m sorry.” he asked as he helped her off the ground. “So what’s the plan for today?” He said as he slumped back into the fluffy covers and pillows.

“I thought we could go walk the cliffs and then there’s the thanksgiving ball tonight so we should go and get you a tux.” Felicia said relaxing into the bed beside him.

“Alright well go get dressed and let’s go.” Adam said rolling over her and off the bed towards his suitcase.

~~~~

“First stop getting you a tux.” Felicia said as she drove down the streets of her hometown. Not much had changed in the four years since she had been home. The same stores were there and the same atmosphere of Thanksgiving was thick in the air with all the decorations everywhere. She looked out her window as she drove seeing everybody already setting up for Christmas.

“You should’ve told me to pack better.” Adam complained not looking forward to shopping.

“If I told you, you were going to need a tux you wouldn’t have agreed to come home with me.” Felicia said laughing.

“This is true.” Adam said smirking as he looked out the window at all the beautiful shop windows.

~~~

Adam stepped out of the fitting room in his tux turning so that Felicia could see, “What do you think?”

Felicia couldn’t form an intelligent sentence to save her life as she stared at Adam. The tux made him look so good. Something Felicia never thought she would think of her friend. She shook her head trying to regain her focus, “It looks great Adam. What do you think?”

“I think I’ve never seen you look at me like this before.” Adam said raising an eyebrow at her.
She couldn’t hide the blush that rose on her cheeks, “I’m allowed to, your my fiancé remember?” Felicia challenged.

“Oh well in that case.” Adam said stepping closer to her and looking her body up and down with no shame causing her to blush even more.

“Go get changed.” Felicia said pushing him back into the fitting room.

She stood there for a moment holding her warm face in her hands trying to calm down. Honestly what had gotten into her, Adam was her best friend nothing else, she couldn’t be feeling these things right now. She was determined not to allow things to become complicated.

“Ready?” Adam asked as he came back out in his own clothes.

“Yea just let me go buy your tux.” Felicia said going to grab the tux from his hands.

Before she could though he had spun around her with the tux intact, “I don’t think so; I can buy my own tux rich girl.”

“Don’t call me that.” Felicia said playfully hitting his broad shoulder as they made their way to the front counter so they could check out and leave. They requested the tux be delivered to the Thompson manor and got back into the car. It was a short drive to the coastal cliffs and Felicia was looking forward to the fresh ocean air hoping it would clear her head of her pathetic crush on Adam. She thought that she had grown out of her girlish ways after the first year they lived together, but ever since she had come home her feelings for him had returned.

They both got out of the car and took in the cool breeze coming off the water.

“Are you coming?” Adam asked already a few steps ahead of her.

“Yea I just got lost in the view.” Felicia said blushing as she watched the wind whip wildly through his handsome hair.

“Come on then.” He said offering an arm to her.

Felicia took it graciously as she followed his lead over the rocks. They climbed and explored until Felicia was pretty sure her toes had fallen off from frost bite. She shivered hard with the cold she wasn’t used to this New England weather anymore, in California the temperature barely went below 60 degrees. Once they reached a spot Adam felt suitable they stopped to take in the view. Well Adam tried, Felicia’s teeth chattering kinda took away from the moment.

“Here” Adam said wrapping his strong arms around her. Laying her head on his chest Felicia tried to absorb as much warmth as she could. He was always warm, something Felicia loved about him especially now as she snuggled against him. She couldn’t fight the feelings growing inside of her as he enveloped her senses. This is wrong she thought to herself, Adam’s my best friend and I can’t feel this way about him especially not now. Come on Felicia, knock this crap off. Felicia used every ounce of strength she had in her to pull away.

“Everything okay?” Adam asked her noticing her change in mood.

“Yea it’s just… We need to get back.” Felicia said starting to walk off.

Adam caught her wrist in his grasp, not willing to let her get away. Slowly he pulled her into him, staring down at her from his deep brown eyes he broke a soft smile. “I was hoping to try something before we left.”

Felicia tried to peel her eyes away from his but she couldn’t. The longer she looked the more she thought he was going to do it. He in fact WAS going to do it. She slipped out of his grasp just in time. Felicia walked back stunned that he had just tried to kiss her. Maybe it’s just part of the act she shrugged feeling slightly rejected.

Adam stood there feeling like an idiot as he watched her run off towards the car. What in the world were you thinking?? Adam wracked his brain for some sort of answer as to why he tried to kiss his best friend. He needed to get in control of his emotions before he ruined everything. He was here to help her get out of marrying some rich boy, nothing else. Once they got back to Florida everything would go back to the same, but Adam wasn’t so sure that is what he wanted.

Slowly he walked back to the car to find her sitting in the car looking of somewhere distant obviously in deep thought. He got in the car watching as Felicia looked up at him worriedly.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He said smirking.

"It's fine sorry I ran off like that." Felicia said starting the car and driving back to the house.
The rest of the car ride was silent because neither of them had the right words to say. Neither were sure of what had transpired between them, what the change had been, and neither were sure if they liked this change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Posting the third later tonight, hope you like this addition. Things are changing, what do you thinks gonna happen in the next chapter?? let me know in the comments!
~Sarah