‹ Prequel: Daddy & Papa
Status: On break until the start of school settles down and I get a laptop.

Daddy & Papa, I'm a Rockstar Too!

FOUR

First show in five years, they weren't nervous, not at all. They weren't worried about messing up or forgetting what to play. They didn't worry about there not being anyone there at all. Maybe that’s a lie, but no one said anything about being worried or nervous. It was okay.

They had gotten to the venue and had just finished sound check. Of course they had practiced with one another before the tour and they had played together while writing the new album and that all went well, perfect even, but the thought of playing on an actual stage, even if no one was there yet, was terrifying.

The one person who wasn't worried or nervous was Noah. Which surprised Jack since Noah had always been kind of shy around lots of people and at big places, a trait that Alex had, but he was glad his little bug was enjoying himself.

“Papa! Papa!” Noah called laughing that laugh of his that Jack knew meant he was doing something that he probably shouldn't be but that he was having fun. Sure enough when Jack went into his and Alex’s dressing room Noah was jumping as high as he could on the couch.

“Bug,” Jack sighed though he couldn't help the smile that spread across his face.

“Papa I go up and up and up and up!” Noah cheered laughing loudly as he continued to jump on the couch. Jack laughed and shook his head lightly.

“Come on Bug you know your not suppose to jump on the couch,” he said lightly though he didn't want Noah to stop being happy.

“Otay Papa,” Noah said and he plopped down on his bottom so that he was sitting on the couch.

“Where did daddy go?” Jack asked as he sat on the couch by Noah and grabbed the boy's foot to retie his shoe.

“Daddy went to go talk wiff a mister, thata had soup!” Noah said loudly, proud of himself that he remembered.

Jack laughed at Noah’s answer and he tried to interpret who Noah meant. “Dan?” Jack wondered aloud, though he knew Noah wouldn't be able to answer him.

_*_

This round they were back and they were doing it with some of their closes friends. The Wonder Years, were one band they were touring with. Pierce The Veil, who were honestly more like family after all of the years they’d spend together. This go around the tour was probably one of the biggest ones they’d ever done, with so many bands it was like a small festival rather than a normal tour. You Me At Six, who brought along friends of theirs, The Alaverz Kings. With Mayday Parade, and A Day To Remember. Jack couldn't have been more happy about who they had out with them.

Just then Alex peeked his head into the room and smiled lightly when he saw Jack. Jack smiled back at Alex and mentally high fived himself when he saw Dan Campbell from The Wonder Years standing being him. “Papa it’s a da man and the and the soup!” Noah said excitedly. He was so proud of himself for remembering who his daddy was with. All three guys laughed and Jack hugged Noah into his side.

“His name is Dan, Bug. But you can call him Uncle Soup,” Jack said to Noah lightly.

“Uncle Soup?” Noah questioned just to make sure he had it right. Jack nodded and Noah smiled wide.

“Hey kido,” Dan said now in the room standing close to the couch.

“Hi-a Uncle Soups,” Noah said his voice wavering a bit, as if he was unsure that he had his name right.

“How old are you now?” Dan asked smiling at Noah.

“Uh, dis manys.” Noah answered holding up one hand, showing off five of his little fingers.

“Five? Wow! You are such a big boy,” Dan said over excitedly, making Noah laugh.

“Papa, Uncle Soups is funny,” Noah laughed out. “Papa why there so many Uncles?” Noah asked looking up at Jack.

“I don’t know, we know a lot of cool dudes who love us all very much and that makes them your uncles because they love you.” Jack answered smiling at Noah though he was unsure himself. They had always just referred to their best friends as Noah's uncles since the day they got him. There wasn't really a reason.

A smile spread on Dan’s face. “You have changed so much,” he said laughing a bit. “It’s still so weird to see you being this amazing dad,” Dan said to Jack.

“He’s my everything man,” Jack said as he pulled Noah into his lap.

“Papa, where Daddy go?” Noah asked in his little baby voice as he looked around the room with wide eyes.

“I don’t know. Why don’t we go find him?” Jack suggested as he looked around the room and didn't see Alex either.

“Yay!” Noah cheered as he hurried off of Jack’s lap.

Noah held on tightly to Jack’s hand while the three of them, Dan included, went to go find Alex. “So you’re Papa and Alex is Daddy?” Dan questioned as they walked down one of the venue hallways.

“Yup. I use to be Pa and Alex was Da but now he can actually use words so we just went with Papa and Daddy. I’m kind of really dreading the day when he gets older and stops calling me Papa though,” Jack said lightly speaking only to Dan. Noah was tuned out by all of the things, all of the people, while he focused on the things around them. It was such a big place, he’s never been anywhere like it before.

“You’re such a good dad, don’t worry about it. He’ll always love you no matter what he calls you.” Dan was always a wise owl, he knew just what to say and just the right times and that made Jack realize how much he missed being out on the road with his best friends.
“Where are you going bug?” Jack asked looking down at Noah who was pulling him in a different direction. Noah ignored Jack and kept trying to walk down the hall. “Bug, you have to use your words,” Jack said softly tugging Noah back to him.

“Daddy ober there,” Noah said as he pulled Jack’s arm.

“Hey, Noah.” Jack said in his more responsible dad tone. Noah turned around and looked up at Jack. “When you want something you need to use your big boy words. I’m not Daddy, I’m Papa. You can’t get away with baby words with me,” Jack said as he knelt down to Noah’s level.

“Sorry Papa,” Noah said lightly as he wrapped his arms around Jack’s neck.

“It’s okay Bug,” Jack said as he stood up picking up Noah with him. Then he started to walk again Dan following beside him. Dan had a small smile on his face, Jack had changed drastically. Anyone could instantly see that. It wasn't a bad change, but it was just strange to see. He could easily see Alex turning dad and doing all of that kind of responsible parenting stuff but Jack? He had a hard time trying to see it but now that he was actually standing there seeing it he couldn't help but feel so proud of his friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in five days and I'm sorry about that because I told you all I would update sooner then this. Plans changed but here is an update. Thank you so much to everyone who has been commenting I really appreciate all of the kind words.

If you would like to know the timeline in which things have happened (the break ATL took) please keep reading. All of these events are according to this story, none of this has actually happen.

2014; Alex and Jack officially get together as a couple. All Time Low release another album later that year.

2016; Jack and Alex get married around the end of the year.

2017; Jack and Alex spend their pre-honeymoon on the 2017 Vans Warped Tour.

2019; Rian and Cassadee get married. (finally)

2020; Jack and Alex adopt Noah. This year All Time Low starts their break/hiatus.

2022; Zack gets married to his girlfriend. (If any of you know her name you guys should tell me!)

2024; Mid-year All Time Low start working on another album.

2025; All Time Low release their album (January). Beginning of the year (Around March-ish) All Time Low goes on their first tour since the break. (This is where the story is right now!)


If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe!

MAHALO!
ps. Happy 37th Birthday to Gerard Way!