Falling in Love All Over Again

I Miss You

It had been years now and the boys - Jack, Alex, Rian, and Zack - were all now on tour and grown ups, and the break did not turn to be a break but more of an official breakup which honestly crushed both of the boys but they never brought it up and when they did it started a massive fight as to who was right and how stupid the other boys, after the years the boys had eventually learned to just leave it and not to bring it up. Jack and Alex were still close however, cuddles on the tour bus and in hotel rooms, playful kisses on stage, playing up to their fans to make jalex seem real, though the kisses and playing up meant nothing, they did it for the fans, not themselves, not because they loved each other, not because they were together, nut for the fans. Though the boys knew it was a downright lie, they loved each other very much, all one of them would have to do would be to look into the other's eyes and they would see and feel the love, but ignored it, called it friendship, but it was driving them crazy, both of the boys wanted nothing more than to be back together again, to be able to kiss and cuddle each other, to re-fall in love with each other, to be romantic like they were when they were 16. Though both of the boys were too scared to make the first move and confess their true feelings for each other in fear of being rejected by the other, and it sucked, not only for them, but for their friends too, to see them moping about, wanting nothing more than to fall in love with each other but being too scared to do so, they'd tried so hard to get the boys back together but all their attempts failed and ended up hurting them more so the other boys just left their relationship alone, figuring the two boys would work it out by themselves.

Today was a casual Friday like every other causal Friday, they had no concerts for three days as they were changing location and to get from one place to another took a little while this time, but they were playing somewhere huge so the long drive would be worth it. Jack was walking around the bus singing 'Friday' horribly and off key and the other boys were yelling at him and telling him to 'shut the fuck up or I'll cut your balls off' though this didn't deter the skunk haired boy as he continued to sing horribly walking around the bus completely and utterly bored out of his mind. Alex on the other hand was sitting on his bunk on his phone scrolling through twitter, correcting people's grammar, getting up people for correcting his grammar and replying to random fan messages and hate comments, just wanting to get away from the noise going on outside his bunk, he had a headache and just wanted to rest for a while. Though with Jack around and bored like he was now he knew the limited silence he had now would eventually be ruined, as if on cue Jack ripped open the curtains from Alex's bunk and looked at him.
"Leeeeeex," the skunk haired boy whined with a pout. "I'm bored," he said, his pout growing, making him look very very adorable.
"I know, I could hear you fucking screaming it out while I was in here," Alex said with an eyeroll and moved to make room for Jack which he quickly vacated with a massive grin, making Alex roll his eyes again, knowing that Jack wanted something, though he couldn't work it out yet he knew he was going to very very soon.
"I need you to unbore me Alex," Jack said still pouting.
Alex sighed and rolled his eyes at Jack. "And how," he poked Jack's nose lightly. "Am I meant to do that exactly?" He asked tilting his head to the side, this time making Jack think that Alex looked adorable.
Jack shrugged, he hadn't really gotten that far in the plan of things yet. "I don't know, serenade me, blow me off, something anything!" Jack exclaimed.
The last suggestion of course made Alex blush which, thankfully, went unnoticed by the skunk haired boy. "Jay I have a headache, I'm not really much fun right now, I'm sorry all I want to do is sit here quietly and tweet about nothing," Alex said honestly causing Jack to let out a loud groan.
"But Lexy I'm bored and I wanted to do something that isn't sit here like an old person," Jack pouted and Alex chuckled rolling his eyes at Jack again.
"You could go find me pain killers and give them to me with water and we can sit here and cuddle while I tweet," Alex said now mocking Jack's pout, this kind of stuff was normal for the two best friends, it was the closest they got to, to going back to their old ways when they were dating and neither of them would turn it down when it happened, and Alex knew this and was going to now use it to his advantage.
Jack's face lit up at Alex's suggestion and nodded quickly. "Yes okay I'll do that, even if it does make me seem very old and very boring I'll do it, just for you," Jack said poking Alex's nose playfully with a grin and hoped out of bed to fetch Alex the things he had requested.

A few minutes later Alex was back to his position on the bed still scrolling through twitter, he heard footsteps coming towards his bed and instantly knew it would be Jack, he opened up the curtain to his bunk and grinned at his best friend, taking the water and pain killer and swallowed it quickly, placing the glass on the ground figuring someone would come and pick it up later, hopefully. Jack quickly slid into Alex's bunk and wrapped his arms around the older boy from behind and shuffled up to see what Alex was doing on his phone. Alex smiled as he felt Jack's arms around him and instantly leaned back into him, closing the curtains instantly feeling safe and warm, honestly, he felt like he could fall asleep right now, but he knew Jack wouldn't like that so he stayed awake.
"You shouldn't reply to the hate you know Lex, it doesn't help anything, just makes them feel accomplished that they see that you've acknowledged them, which isn't going to do anything but make it worse, even if you're really light hearted and joking about it" Jack said nuzzling his head into Alex's shoulder, Alex shrugged.
"I know, but I find some of them funny I guess, I never respond to the truly hurtful ones, I ignore them," Alex sighed and locked his phone and slid it under his pillow. "Thanks for caring though Jay," the name he'd only just had permission to start using ago a few years ago when Jack and Alex really got 'over it' and became as close as they were before again.
"I just don't want them to be happy to see that you've noticed them, I know I can't change your actions, but I'd prefer it if you ignored them, but that's just me," Jack said, Alex sighed and turned over in the bed to face Jack.
"It's alright I don't let them get to me, they're not worth it and I know that, but I'm gonna sleep now, head hurts," Alex mumbled and buried his face into Jack's chest and slowly fell asleep curled up into his best friend's arms with a small smile spread across his lips.

Jack stayed up for a little while longer, running Alex's words through his head, he didn't like it when Alex replied to the tweets, he knew they didn't get to him, but really they got to him, even if they weren't directed at him, he knew Alex was amazing and he didn't get how anyone could possibly see any differently, he just hated that he got it. With those thoughts Jack eventually fell asleep, his grip on Alex tight, as if he let go he would loose Alex all over again.

***

The next morning Zack opened up the curtain to Alex's bunk.
"I found Jack, he's with Alex, really we should've looked here first!" Zack called out, causing Alex to toss and turn in Jack's arms, not yet ready to be woken up. but he knew it would have to happen some time soon, and he hated that, waking up was his least favouirte part of the day.
"Oooh are they back together?" Rian called out, the smirk evident in his tone of voice.
"No, Zack, tell him to fuck off," Jack called out from his spot behind Alex, it hurt then they said that, even if it was playful, it was just a reminder that there was a chance for them to get back together, but he knew it wouldn't happen, and he hated that, that he couldn't be with the man he loved.
"Get up, we're leaving in an hour to get breakfast." Zack said and closed the curtain again leaving the tired pair to wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry had to cut this chapter slightly short, to sleep
hope you guys are liking it ^-^

Titles from now on will be song names and probably unrelated maybe