Write It Down, Without a Sound

Dear Journal: First Entry.

June 1st

Dear Journal,
I’m starting to wonder why I let them talk me into this. It feels like I’m being pressured to say yes and that if I don’t, I’d disappoint someone, namely my Mum. I wouldn’t though, I know that, but it doesn’t stop the feelings. It’s quite confusing.

I have three days left at home and have yet to pack anything, because you wouldn’t call a pile of stuff sitting on my desk packing. I’m not sure what I should take and how much. How much room do you have for stuff when you’re sharing a bus with eight or so guys travailing from state to state in the middle of summer anyway? I know what to take clothes wise as John explained that to me, but I’d like to take some of my art stuff. I’d go crazy without it.

And notebooks, I would be a fish without water if I didn’t have them.

I’ll admit I am freaking out a little too much about all this. It’s hard not to. What would people think of me? Could I actually make some new friends from this experience? How can you hang around a bunch of musicians – singers- if I couldn’t make a sound myself? It would be like putting a duck and a sheep together and telling them to discuss the meaning of a frog’s croak. Completely absurd.

John keeps telling me that everything will be fine. I’m not so sure because look at us; our mothers have been friends ever since their high school days and it wasn’t until we were fifteen that John actually somewhat acknowledged my quiet existence.

It’s sort of why I started this journal too – to help where people can’t and so I can write down what happens during this trip so I always remember it, the good things at least. Mum said it was a good idea along with taking as many photos as I can. Might help with the huge amount of anxiety I have over this.

‘You’ll be fine’ easy said.

‘It will be a great experience for you’ that part may be true.

An experience, a life lesson, an adventure. This tour would defiantly be that, but how much could I handle?

In any case, Warped Tour here I come. I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
First thing I've posted other than oneshots in ages! From here most chapters will have more than one 'journal entry' and will be of decent size. This part was kind of important and figured it was best to be alone. :)

I hoped you liked it and thanks for reading!