We Can Change the World

For A Moment

"Hey everyone," I said as I walked onto the stage. "Thanks for coming tonight. Now are you ready to rock?"

The crowd erupted in applause. It had been four years since I had come to California, and my career had really taken off. I had 4 CD that went diamond within days of being released. I had fans follow me everywhere, and had even had to hire a bodyguard. But I loved every minute of it. All my dreams had come true. Everything was perfect – except one thing. It had been three years since I last talked to my best friend. At first, we had talked every day, but the busier I got, the less time we had. So everyday turned into every other day, then once a week, followed by once a month, then once every 2 months, then I felt too bad to call at all. I stopped returning his phone calls, and eventually, he stopped trying. I missed him, but I was too much of a coward to call him.


"Lately I've been thinking about the ups & downs
We've been through together and how we almost lost our ground
We held on long enough to see all the good out weigh the bad
And I'm thankful, so grateful for everything we have
But for a moment I thought I lost everything
For a moment I forgot about our memories
Then I woke up and I realized how much you mean to me
For a moment I thought I lost you and me

My first love, my first kiss I shared both of them with you
From the first time we locked eyes I knew you and I would be the truth
But since then you've lied to me and I've lied to you
But we made up and I'm thankful so grateful
For everything we have
So beautiful that's what we are
I'm your sky and your my star
All the trials that we've been through
Only made us who we are today

But for a moment I thought I lost everything
For a moment I thought forgot about our memories
Then I woke up and I realized how much you mean to me
For a moment I thought I lost you and me

Your connected to everything and everybody that matters to me
Your the center all my charm without I wouldn't be
I thought I lost my best friend
My perfect world came to an end
But it was just a dream that felt like reality

But for a moment I thought I lost everything
I thought I lost my baby
I forgot about our memories
Then I opened my eyes
Then I woke up and I realized how much you mean to me
For a moment I thought I lost you and me
I thought I lost you and me,"
I finished.

The audience clapped. I smiled and took a bow. As I stood back up, I noticed someone had thrown something on the stage. I walked over to it and picked it up. It was a pair of Scooby Doo boxers. I scanned the crowd quickly, but didn't find what I was looking for. Disappointedly, I bowed again and walked off the stage.

As I walked into my dressing room, my phone rang. "Hello," I answered it.

"Danielle," Vanessa Hudgens squealed. "Guess what?"

"What," I asked.

"Zac asked me out," she giggled.

"Aww congratulations Ness," I smiled. I knew that Zac and Vanessa had liked each other for a while, but they had always been too scared to say anything. "I knew he would eventually."

"Thanks," she laughed. "But don't tell anyone, okay? We're keeping it under wraps for a while."

"Mums the word," I promised.

"Thanks," she said. "So you coming to Miley's party tonight?"

"I hadn't really thought about it," I confessed. Miley Cyrus and I weren't exactly on the best terms. We tolerated each other for the public eye, but the hostility was there.

"Ashley mentioned you may be coming," Vanessa continued. "And Miley didn't say no."

"That's not exactly an invite Nessa," I rolled my eyes. Vanessa and Ashley were always trying to patch things up between us.

"Come on Dani," Vanessa pleaded. "It'll be fun. And you won't even have to talk to her."

"Promise?"

"I'll see you at eight," she laughed. "Love you, bye." She hung up.

I rolled my eyes. Something told me that tonight would suck. Oh well, I sighed. And I started changing my clothes. As I picked up my shirt, the boxers fell off the chair. The boxers, I gasped. Did it really mean what I thought it meant?

___________________

"Oh my God guys look who it is," Kevin said as we walking into Miley Cyrus's house with Zac Efron. Even though we had just come to California a few days ago, we had met Miley at the Hannah Montana set, and taking an immediate liking to Nick, she had invited us to her party. Not that I blamed her. I mean my little brother was a stud muffin. Zac, we met yesterday, and we had all immediately clicked.

"Who," Nick, Zac and I looked around the party, wondering which celebrity we were going to meet now. I secretly hoped it wouldn't be the one I was dying to see.

"Over there," Kevin groaned as we all looked in different directions. He pointed to the drinks table where a 17-year-old Danielle Marie Touchstone was getting a coke. She looked amazing, just as she had at her concert tonight. Let's just say I was a pair of Scooby boxers short right now. I didn't know what I was going to say to her. I hadn't talked to her in three years. I missed her, but I thought it would be weird. I mean, what if she had a new best friend?

"Oh you mean Dani," Zac laughed.

"You know her," I asked.

"Yeah I know her. She's pretty awesome. She's really good friends with Vanessa and Ashley too," Zac explained. "Come on, I'll introduce you." And before we could tell him that we already knew her from years back, he called her over. "Hey Dani, over here!"

She turned, when hearing her name. She smiled and waved when she spotted Zac. She walked towards them. "Hey Zac," he hugged him. "I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?"

"Good," he said. "Hey, I want to introduce you to some friends." He placed his hand on her back, and faced Nick, Kevin, and me. "Dani, this is the The Jonas Brothers. Kev--"
"Kevin, Nick, and Joe," she finished for him, and smiled. "I know. Hey guys, I've missed you guys so much." She hugged us all one by one, surprising a very confused Zac Efron.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = updates :)
let me know what you think. thanks!