We Can Change the World

Dirty Little Secret

"It don't matter what people say I never did believe them
I know, I know they know everything
I'll be alright by myself and no one's gonna tell me
I'm defined, confined by love

Now our days seem strange
I guess my heart was bound to change

I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and you're falling into history,
I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and falling into history.

I never thought that I'd say that I don't really miss you.
I lived, I breathed your breath through me.
Time has a way of passing by until I don't remember
Why or how to hurt for you.

Life's pain has gone somewhere
And I'm fine leaving it there.

I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and you're falling into history.
I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and you're falling into history.

Falling into, falling into, falling into history

I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and you're falling into history.
I fell out, out of you and me
You're fading from view and you're falling into history.

I'll be alright by myself
And no one's gonna tell me I'm defined, confined by love," I finished.

"Thanks everyone, and goodnight," I said as I waved one last time before getting off the stage. Walking to my dressing room, I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pull me into a dark closet. "What the hell –" I was cut off as someone kissed me. Joe. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lightly pushed me against the wall of the small closet, his lips never leaving mine. "Joe," I choked out when he moved his mouth to my neck. "What if someone comes in here?"

"Dani, it's an old broom closet," he said against my skin. "No one is going to come here."

I groaned. Okay, so I didn't think anyone was going to come in. Let's just say that I still felt bad about our whole situation. What situation, you may be asking. Well Joe and I had been secretly together for the last week, since the "cat was let out of the bag". And he was still with Selena. I knew that I sounded bitter saying that, but in fact, it was because of me, that he was with her. I couldn't do that to her. I had promised her that I didn't like him, and that she could have him. And now, I'd have to live with the consequences. Not that I was, since Joe was devouring my neck right now, but still. I had to let her have him. I couldn't just call her up and be like you can't like Joe anymore because I love him. God, I was such a slut.

"Dani, relax," Joe whispered as he kissed me again. "Everything is fine."

"No it's not," I sighed. I couldn't relax, no matter how much I wanted to. No matter how much I loved Joe, and how perfect this felt, it was wrong. "Joe, stop."

He groaned softly as he pulled his face away, not moving his body away, which had me pinned against the wall. "Why Dani? This had better not be about what I think it's about." Joe didn't like me mentioning Selena when we were together. And usually, I didn't. Being with Joe made me forget about everything but him and me. I didn't worry about anything or anything, except us two. When I did, though, he would remind me that if it were up to him, he'd tell her that he loved me, and nicely end it with her. But how could I do that? Joe would subside his arguments when he saw how much it all pained me, and that would be that. He'd still be with her; we'd still be hooking up in secret, and none would be the wiser. I mean, not even Nick and Kevin knew. No one knew about my whorish behavior. It was better this way – no one to judge me – except myself, and well … the world.

"Of course it's about that," I whispered. "I feel so bad."

"Then let me call her and just break up with her," he insisted.

"No, are you crazy," I said. "You can't break up with her over the phone then start going out with me. She'd know. She's not an idiot. In fact, you can't break up with her at all."

Joe sighed. "Dani, can we please not talk about this right now? I may not get to be alone with you till tomorrow. Please?"

I sighed and nodded, trying to put my thoughts out of my head. He smiled at me before he kissed me again. This time, though, it wasn't soft at first, like usual. I could feel his passion, and love as he pressed himself harder against me. I started feeling light headed. Thankfully, he decided to go back to what he was doing before, and work on my neck. With his lips on my neck, I was finally able to breath. I shivered as he began to move his hands up and down my sides, slowly. A week, and Joe Jonas still had that effect on me. Damn him. Embarrassingly, I let out a soft moan. He pulled back and smirked at me. "So I guess I'll be keeping you my dirty little secret, then?"

I sighed and nodded. That's exactly what this whole thing was – dirty.

"I love you," he said.

If I'm going to be a slut, I might as well go all out. "I love you too," I put my hands in his hair and pulled his face back on mine.

►►►►►

"Where'd you guys go," Nick asked as Joe and I got back to the stage.

"Uh – Dani had to go to the bathroom," Joe lied. I saw Nick look at Joe suspiciously. Oh no.

"Yeah," I said quickly. "And I had no idea where it was, so I asked Joe to help me find it."

"Uh, it's right there," Kevin pointed to a door a little ways off from where we were standing.

"Uh right," I nodded, trying to think of something. "And we found that, but there was no toilet paper in there, so we had to go find another one."

"Okay," Nick said, his tone telling us that he was still suspicious. "Anyways, we're about to do Missing You. You guys ready?"

"Oh yeah," Joe said. I could tell that he was thinking the same thing as me. We had to convince them now, or their suspicions would eventually lead them to the truth.

"Definitely," I added. "Couldn't be more ready."

"We're so ready that you're not even close to as ready as we are," Joe said. "We're like medium well done ready and you're like rare. We're like green light and you're like --."

"They get it Joe," I rolled my eyes.

"Right," he smirked. "So, let's get this show started, shall we?"

He grabbed my hand, and pulled me to the platform that would lower us onto the stage. He held my hand for longer than necessary. I couldn't help but notice the look that Nick and Kevin exchanged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh -- not so great. Let me know what you guys think though :)