We Can Change the World

The Preview

"Ahh," I sighed as I lay on my bed. We were finally home from tour and I was loving it – well as much as I had been loving anything for the last two months.

"I see you've missed your bed," Nick smirked as he came into my room.

"Oh my gosh yes," I half shouted, rolling my eyes at his attempt to be funny. He laughed and sat down on my bed. I sat up and looked at him. "So – how is he?"

Nick looked at me for a long moment. "Are you sure you want to hear it?"

I thought it odd how he asked me that every time I posed that question. And I had asked him quite a few times – okay, so it was about twice a day everyday for the last two months. But it wasn't until this month that his answers hurt me. Joe was obviously hurting just as much as me – if not more. And I couldn't help that Joe's pain opened up a soft spot in me. It always had – since we were little, even if he was always older and bigger than me. And now, especially this last month, his pain was even more evident. I wanted to wrap my arms around his waist and ease his pain – but I couldn't. I was hurting too. Joe cheated on me, even after I truly trusted him. It was hard to just forget that and give in.

"Nick please? I know you want to protect me. But I need to know," I practically begged.

He sighed. "Okay Dani, if you really want to know. He's – worse."

"Worse? What do you mean? How worse," my voice started to break. For the last two months, Joe had stayed in his bunk, or room if we were at the hotel. He would just lay there, listening to his iPod. Nick checked it out once when Joe was sleeping and saw that Joe had put my newest song Should've Said No on repeat. He just listened to it over and over again – staring at the ceiling. He broke his iPhone because he thought he was getting too many calls. He refused to go anywhere – to do anything. He stopped doing the call into radio station interviews, even though he loved them. And he literally had to be dragged to all other interviews and appearances, only talking when asked a direct question. In two months, he had become a completely different person. What could be worse?

"Hey guys," Kevin came in before Nick could say anything. Blair followed after. "What's going on?"

"Kevin," I said, not looking at him. "How has Joe gotten worse?"

Kevin threw Nick a look. I could tell that Nick wasn't supposed to tell me any of this. He sighed and sat down on my bed before saying, "I guess you have a right to know, huh?" I could tell he didn't like it.

"He – started going out every night," Nick said, his voice laced with concern. "He comes back way after we all go to bed, though we're never sure what time. He's just – there when we wake up. Kevin tried to wait for him one night, but he ended up falling asleep around 4. Joe wasn't back yet. I was looking for my socks in our room the other day, and – I found a liquor bottle under his bed." He looked away. I felt my body go numb. Joe had sworn to me that he wouldn't drink again. Then again, he swore he wouldn't hurt me either.

"I've tried to talk to him. Nick has too," Kevin sighed, shaking his head. "We even called Mandy, thinking she could talk him out of this daze. But – nothing has worked. He won't – no. He doesn't want to listen to anyone – except you." Something in his tone made me look up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo -- I ended up going with We Couldn't Change It If We Tried.
I think it goes best with this story. Hope you guys don't mind =]
Anyways, so this is the beginning of the first chapter. There will be more to it. This is just a preview.
I hope you like it!
We Couldn't Change It If We Tried is going to be a lot more intense.
I'm talking more drama, violence, and dare I say it, naughty behavior XD
Wow I'm a dork. Anyways, so hope you guys liked this.
Feedback please. Let me know what you think.
Also, I'd love love love if people could make me a few banners. My graphics program decided it wanted to be stupid. =[

Also, for those of you who have subscribed to this story and have received two emails. It is because I had this preview up, and deleted it so that I could finish I Am What I Am before I put it up. BUT I decided to put this up anyway and put the sequel up when I finish I Am What I Am.

Just letting you know XD
Anyways, thanks for reading and please comment!