Status: sadly/happily complete

Days Like These

Ch 29

“I know who you are.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know you’re Kellin’s mom.”

“What?”

“Mike said, the day he saw you guys in the hospital, that they called you Ms. Quinn.”

“Victor, it’s a long story.”

“Why did you let him take Kellin? Why did you appear until now?”

“There are a lot of things that Kellin doesn’t know but right now we shouldn’t talk about that.”

“He thinks you left him. He hates you.” Katherine sighed as she looked down at her laps. They stayed quite as they waited for the doctor to return. Vic’s dad went to the station to finish up with the case but he very reluctant to leave them alone.

Forty minutes later, the doctor came back out. “Family for Kellin Quinn.”

Vic and Katherine walked up to him and he signaled for them to follow. When they got to the room, Vic immediately went to his side and took hold of his cold hand while Katherine talked outside with the doctor. He let tears fall down his face as he stared at his pale lover. Vic leaned in and placed a kiss on his cold, pale cheek.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Kellin.”

“Stop crying.” He croaked out. “I’m fine.”

“I know, but after tonight,” Vic paused and took a deep breath. “After tonight, I realize that you could die at any moment. Hugging you felt like a dream. A month and a half of not having you in my arms was hell. I wanted to kill myself because I felt so guilty about it.”

“No, baby this wasn’t your fault.” Kellin said, lightly squeezing Vic’s hand.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t want you to worry about it.”

“So you put yourself and our baby’s life at risk.”

“Please Vic, don’t say that.” Kellin whispered. “I-I was scared ok? He threatened to hurt you and he had Ka- Katherine! Where is she? Is she fine?”

“Yeah, she’s talking with the doctor. What do mean?”

“He sent me a picture. It was Katherine and I think that lady who came by the other day, they were tied up almost like they were held hostage.”

“No, they were over at my house the whole time crying and worried.” Vic could see the distress on Kellin’s face so he asked,

“What did they say about Peanut?”

“He’s fine.” Kellin said with a smile. “They looked and he didn’t appear to have any signs of distress or anything. He’s still positioned good so he won’t be coming early.” Vic smiled, rubbing Kellin’s stomach softly. “They said I need therapy though.”

“Why?”

“Because when they tried to check me … down there … I freaked out.”

“That’s normal, considering what you went through. But you trust me right? You know that I’ll never do that to you.”

“Yeah but I still want to go. That way, when Peanut gets here, I’m able to be healthy physically and mentally and emotionally.”

“And I’ll be there every step of the way to support you.” Vic said, kissing Kellin’s hand again. Just then, Katherine and the doctor came in.

“Kellin, if your results come back good, you’ll be able to leave by tomorrow night,” the doctor said with a smile. Kellin smiled shyly and nodded. “Now, if you’ll excuse Me.” with another smile, the doctor walked out the room, closing it behind him.

“How are you?” Katherine asked, sitting next to Vic.

“I’ll be fine. I was in shock but then I began crying because I felt so relieved and free. Does that make me a bad person?”

“No sweetie.” She said quickly. “You don’t have to live in fear anymore. You can raise your baby without thinking about that man ever hurting him. You can live in peace.”

“Now that I don’t have to worry about him, can you help me do one thing?” Kellin asked her. She nodded. “I want to look for my mom.”

“Why?” she asked. From the corner of her eye, she could see Vic staring at her with judging eyes.

“I want to know why she abandoned me and maybe if I forgive her, I want to have her to be a part of my life and Peanut’s too.”

“Kellin, you don’t need her.” Vic said softly.

“You say that because you have your mom but I don’t.” Kellin replied. “I want to get to know her if she wants that too. You got to grow up with your mom and I wasn’t given that chance.”

“She left you!” Vic exclaimed.

Kellin glared at Vic, snatching his hand away from him. “She has her reasons and I’m willing to listen to them. I’m willing to give her a second chance. Why are you so against me meeting the woman who carried me in her womb?” Vic looked over at Katherine who stared back. He sighed before leaving the room. “Am I wrong?” Kellin asked Katherine, tears running down his cheeks. “He’s hurt me and I’ve given him chances too.”

“He’ll come around.” Katherine said quietly, rubbing Kellin’s hand. “Just calm down and get some rest ok? It’s been a long day for all of us.”

“Can you go talk to him? Try to explain to him why, please?”

“I’ll see what I can do.” Katherine said with a sigh as she stood up from her seat. “Just go to sleep.” She was about to kiss Kellin on the forehead but he flinched.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

“Don’t be. It’s normal to react that way.” With a sad smile, she walked out the room and went to look for Vic. It didn’t take long though because he was sitting in the waiting room.

When she sat down next to him, he said, “When are you planning on telling him? He wants to give you a second chance, which I don’t understand why, but that’s Kellin for you.”

“Vic there are things that you don’t know, much less Kellin, but I-I am …” she paused, taking a deep breath and asking herself if this is the right time to drop the bomb. “I am related to Kellin but not the way you think.”

“What do you mean? Are you his aunt or something?”

“I am his aunt, yes.” Vic sat there quietly. “His mother is my older sister.”

“Do you know where she is?” Katherine nodded. “Are you going to let her see Kellin?” again, she nodded. “Is she aw-.”

“Katherine!” someone shouted, running into the waiting room with three other kids following her. “Where’s my baby?”

You’re his mom?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So that just happened ... BOOM !!!11!!! But there`s still a few things to be reveled though so yeah ... im considering on doing a sequal but only if you guys want it bx i know im the worst updater in the hisorty or updating