Status: sadly/happily complete

Days Like These

::::

“Work with us, and we’ll work with you got it?” one of the men said.

“Come sit on daddy’s lap.” Another man said with a wicked smirk on his lips. Kellin slowly walked up to him and the older man roughly yanked him down. “Look at you, all dressed up nicely for daddy, baby girl. We could use a nice piece of ass these days; the other ones are getting a bit boring if you ask me.”

Kellin closed his eyes lightly, holding in the shaking and tears. Right now would be a good time to puke, or die. Either one doesn’t matter. But he doesn’t want to be hit twice. Three of the men got up from their chair and began touching Kellin, telling him that he nice soft skin and a pretty face. Maybe if he tries hard enough, he’ll wake up in his bed, under the covers.

When he opens his eyes, he’s disappointed that he still sitting on the man’s lap. The rest of them have gathered around, some using their phones to record or take picture. All, except one. He has his phone out but it looks like he keeps checking for messages. Maybe the Mrs., is talking to him. Telling him to come home because the kids missed him and dinner was ready.

They began taking off his clothes, slowly pulling the lace material off his tiny body. Closing his eyes once again, he prayed to the god that hated him and finally let the tears fall. Hands began wondering, touching his upper body only before touching his private area.

“Put your hands in the air!” Someone from inside the room shouted. All movements stopped and Kellin peaked through a barely open eye to see the man, which kept looking at his phone, with a gun in his hand and badge in the other. “You are all under arrest for the involvement of child trafficking and the rape of minors. Hands behind your head and on your knees! Now! You, boy, put those clothes on and get out of here.”

For once, Kellin happily listened. Quickly putting on the lingerie, he opened the door quietly and saw his dad and Richard with their backs towards the door. Kellin let the metal door close gently behind him then ran towards the bathroom. He knocked on the door quickly, constantly checking his back to make sure no one was there.

“Kellin? Are you done?” Demetrius asked as he opened the door. Kellin signaled him to sh and squeezed into the bathroom, where a boy that looked about seven stood. He slowly walked towards the boy and gently hugged him. The little boy hugged back, burrowing his face in Kellin’s chest.

“We have to be quiet.” Kellin whispered as he lightly petted the boy’s hair. “I don’t know what’s going on but we have to stay here until they get us.” He told Demetrius. “Hey, it’s ok, no one’s going to hurt you ok? You’re safe here.” Kellin told the little boy. “What’s your name?” he asked, trying to distract him.

“M-my name is Moses.” He replied shakily.

“Well Moses, did you know that one day, when you’re older, you’re gonna be the happiest person ever?”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Why not?”

“My dad said I can never be happy.”

“Well, he’s wrong. You’re going to find someone that will make you happy and then you’re going to get married and live happily ever after.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Promise?” Moses asked, holding out his pinky.

“Promise.” Kellin replied, hooking his pinky around the smaller one. “So tell me, what would make you the happiest?”

“Seeing my mommy again.” He replied sadly. Kellin looked up at Demetrius, who only looked back with nothing to say. “Daddy took me on vacation and we never saw
her again.”

“Do you know where she lives?”

“Yeah, but I don’t know if she lives there now.”

“Is there anyone else that you know who lived close to where your mommy lives?” Demetrius asked, finally sitting down with them.

“Yeah, grandma lived two houses away from us.”

“Well, when we get out, I’ll help you look for her ok? You’ll tell me where you used to live and we’ll go there. Then we’ll go find grandma and see where your mama is.”

“You guys are nice, thank you.” Moses said as he cuddled closer to Kellin’s chest. After thirty minutes of sitting in silence, there was a knock on the door. Demetrius opened the door and in stepped a female officer. When she saw Moses curled up to Kellin, she immediately kneeled as tears began falling from her eyes.

“Moses?” said boy looked up and sprung into the woman’s arms.

“Mama!” he cried, hanging her tightly as if he was afraid she’d disappear. “Mama, I was so scared. Papa did bad things to me; he let people do bad things to me. Can we please leave? I don’t wanna be here no more.”

“Yeah baby, we’ll leave. But everything’s ok now.” She whispered as she wiped his eyes from tears and kissed his cheeks repeatedly. Looking at Kellin and Demetrius, she began say, “Thank you. Thank you for not letting him get hurt tonight. Now let’s get out of here.” Everyone got up and made their way towards the exit changed in the clothes they had on before arriving.

“Which one you is Demetrius?” a fit officer asked.

“That would be me.”

“I have to take you back to the station for questioning. Please put your hands behind your back and turn around while I read you your rights.”

“Wait, no, please don’t take him!” Kellin said as he stood in front of Demetrius.

“Son, please step away from him.”

“No!” Kellin shouted with tears running down his face.

“Kellin,” Demetrius said. “Nothing is going to happen to me, ok sweetie? I’m going to cooperate with them and then they’ll let me go. I promise.” Kellin held out his pinky and he wrapped it around, giving it kisses. “I’ll talk to later ok?” with a nod, Kellin moved and let the cop take Demetrius to the car.
Before putting him in, the cop said. “You shouldn’t have promised that.”

“I know, but how else am I supposed to calm down?”

Kellin stood that as they drove off. He began scanning the place, watching cops put men into the back of their cars before there was gun shot heard, followed by screeching tires. A car skid in front of him, causing him to back up, tripping for his feet.

“Get in now!” he heard a familiar voice yell at him. Quickly getting in, the car began speeding off with shots being fired towards it.

“Where we going?” Kellin asked in quiet voice.

“To look that fucking asshole of a punk who ratted us out.” Kellin simply nodded. He didn’t know whom his father was talking about so he just sat there, gripping the seat because his dad was driving fast, passing stop signs and red lights. The sound of sirens and helicopters could be heard in the distance. The sound of a gun clicking scared Kellin but he didn’t move. “Found him.” His dad said as he pulled up to a Taco Bell close to their house. “Don’t get out or you’re next.”

Everything seemed to pass by slowly. There were gunshots, glass shattering and screams being heard. Kellin saw people running out the restaurant fearing for their lives. In the mix of people, Kellin saw Mike, Jaime and Tony running. He paled. He scanned the place to look for Vic but he couldn’t find him. His dad came back with blood splattered all over his face and began driving.

“Why did you do it?”

“He wants to take you from me. He told me that when he gets you alone, he won’t let you see me ever again and I’m all you have Kellin; you don’t want to let me go do you? The only person who cares about you, the person who gave you food, clothes and house. He told me that he thinks you’re a faggot, ya’know. Said he was only your friend because he felt bad for you then he wanted to have sex with you he also sai-.”

“No. no, you’re lying. Vic would never say that!” Kellin shouted, and then he whispered. “He’s my friend.”

“Did you not hear me?” His father shouted. “He isn’t your friend and he only wants to take you away from me!” a loud smack was heard throughout the car. Kellin held his cheek in pain and cried silently. A crazy cackle was then heard. “We’re gonna go together boy! No one is gonna take you!” he started swerving, driving on the wrong side of the road then barely missing cars.

“Dad stop!” Kellin shouted. “Stop it, you’re scaring me!” when Kellin looked up, he saw that they were driving towards a gas station. He gripped the door handle, counting down the time to his death.

“One thing before we die, I ain’t your daddy and your momma ain’t left us!” he shouted as he laughed.

“One.” Kellin whispered. He opened the door and jumped out the car, crying out in pain as he came in contact with the ground. Rolling onto the grass, he tried getting up only to have pain course through his left arm. He rolled on his back, using his right arm to sit up while cradling his broken one. The gas station was lucky empty as he saw his dad drive into the pumps. “No! No! Daddy, no!” he cried out as he tried to get up. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist and he tried to fight them but then he gave up. The explosions were big and loud, the heat rating off it was severe. Looking to his left, he saw someone from a distance walking away from the chaos before passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this could've been better but i still like it