Status: will be updated whenever I get inspiration

The Fear of Falling Apart

one

It was uncanny how similar the two brothers looked, Thomas, Tom for short, stood at his brothers side as Robin’s eyes flickered over the pair of them, their hair the same shaggy shade of brown while their body shapes were the same, both peaking at roughly five foot ten or eleven, Oliver, Oli for short, being slightly taller than Tom, an inch give or take. The only thing she could point out that pulled the Sykes’ brothers apart was their eyes, Tom’s being an assuring blue while Oli’s were a hazel brown colour, like milk chocolate. She watched as the pair laughed at something, Oliver’s arms covered in tattoos while Tom’s were only present on his right arm, Oli’s covering his hand and arms, as well as his neck – so she could see.

“They look happy, don’t they?” A voice came as Robin turned slightly, seeing Oli’s girlfriend, Hannah stood with a smile on her face. Her jet black hair chopped into a bob while her tattoos covered her arms like her boyfriends, a light grey skater dress on her frame as heels helped her four foot eleven height grown slightly. There was no doubt that the pair had suffered a tough year, with Hannah losing their child in early April, before the pair decided to go on a break, only sorting their differences out a little over a month ago.

“They do, it’s nice to see Tom carefree.” Robin agreed, her hands tucked into the pockets of her burgundy coloured dress, black heels taking her height a little smaller than Tom’s as she smiled at the sight, Tom throwing his head back as he laughed at something Oli’s friend – Matt, or Kean – had said.

“He still works a lot then?” Hannah asked, her tone full of curiosity as her hazel eyes looked over at the younger girl, Tom being four years younger than Oli while Robin was five, Tom being a year and a half older than the French blonde.

“Sadly, I understand he’s helping out with the clothing line, I’m proud of the pair of them, I just wish Tom was home more.” Robin sighed, running her hand through the ash blonde locks she had been born with, curled and falling down to her elbows as she ran her manicured hands through them once more before returning them to her pocket.

“I’m sure it’ll all work out, here he comes anyway. I’ll leave you too it.” Hannah smiled as Tom stepped over, wearing a light green Drop Dead sweatshirt, with some skinny jeans and vans, his choppy brunette hair being messy as always as the plugs he wore in his ears were just noticeable through his locks. As he reached Robin, he instantly wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to him as she removed hers from the pockets of her outfit and rested them around his neck, the count down for New Year approaching them quickly.

“Do you remember our first kiss?” Tom tenderly questioned, his forehead resting on hers as they swayed to some song his mother – Carol – had put on. Smiling Robin nodded.

“On the balcony in your bedroom, I had been friends with you for months and you kissed me on New Year’s, saying that it was the perfect way to end and start the year.” She laughed lightly as a small blush formed on his cheeks as he remembered the night, three years ago.

“It’s weird how things change. I never thought I’d be dating the high school jerk.” Robin chuckled, reminding him how they were both from completely different groups in high school, now aged nineteen and twenty had both graduated and begun their lives, Robin training in teaching while Tom helped Oli with his business. Smirking, Tom lent down gently, kissing her lips in a long and slow embrace as he allowed the vanilla chap stick to once more be a prominent taste on his lips.

“Marry me?” He questioned, no fancy do, no massive ring, but a simple question that began to echo through her ear.

“I...”

“Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four…”

“Yes, I’ll marry you.” She laughed as she kissed his lips once more, the cheering of happy new year in the background as she blocked it out, Tom’s lips against hers as he pulled away, resting his forehead on hers with a smile on his face.

“Happy new year, to the future Mrs Sykes.”