Status: will be updated whenever I get inspiration

The Fear of Falling Apart

seven

Robin cradled the baby with love and security as she bounced slightly, attempting to sooth the small child who was either hungry, or just wanted a cuddle. Tom slept soundly in the next room as she continued to sort her child out. Sighing, she looked down once more at the sleeping infant, muddy brown hair like her fathers while her eyes were a light shade of blue like her own.

She couldn't have felt more isolated than she did now. She had stopped attending university, she rarely saw Summer due to the excessive training the hockey player was going under - the finals fast approaching. Whilst she rarely saw Oli or Hannah. For some reason, her brother in law seemed to be avoiding her, Hannah hadn't called in weeks, other than to congratulate her; making Robin believe that the pair might have just broken up, again.

Robin knew what she needed to do, the guilt was eating her alive. The constant reminder of her and Oli's mistake with each glance she had of her child. Mae didn't know any different, her life revolved around love, milk and sleep and yet, each night Robin couldn't help but feel a slight amount of regret towards her daughter. Sighing, she looked down once more at her daughter, placing her in the cot and re-switching the monitor on that sat on the chest of drawers next to the wooden bed. Kissing her daughters forehead lightly, she crept out of the room and through the bathroom where her bedroom was located. Tom still asleep as she sighed again. Climbing into the covers next to him, his arms wrapped around her and pulled her close to his body, a contrast in body heat as his warmth allowed her to feel comfortable, but still foreign.

"I love you." He murmured lightly, kissing Robin's neck as she looked at him slightly, his eyes still shut as his hair was as messy as it ever was.

"I know, I love you too." She whispered before falling back to sleep.

-

Three am and he still hadn't slept. His pen in his hand as he sat in the studio that he had installed in his house, his mind clouding with everlasting thoughts of his life, the mistakes and the hurt he had caused to everyone around him.

His eyes were full of tears, angry tears, he couldn't believe what an idiot he had been, it'd been five months since he saw his brother, his niece and Robin. He wondered how they were doing, but he didn't want to ask. According to his mother, Mae was blooming well, a beautiful child and Tom adored her. His hand began to move once more, hitting the end of the pen on the notepad in front of him as he scrawled lyrics down, several ones that he could use for several different songs. Only when the boys were ready to release another album, of course.

"You're an idiot Sykes." He scowled to himself, a bottle of Jack Daniels next to him as his tired and aching body coped with nothing but alcohol. He knew he shouldn't have told Robin how he felt, even if he didn't let her know at least, but Tom knowing was enough. He had done everything the younger Sykes' sibling had asked by leaving the family alone.

The iris' he held cast down to the notepad in front of him as he stopped hitting the pen on the white sheet.

My secrets are burning a hole through my heart
And my bones catch a fever
When it cuts you up this deep
It's hard to find a way to breathe.


Sighing slightly, he lent his head back on the chair he was sat on, his other hand moving to clutch the bottle of comfort next to him as he held it up, the only light of the room coming from a single lamp as he laughed.

"This ones for you, Robin." He murmured, bringing the bottle to his lips as he drank his demons even more.