Status: will be updated whenever I get inspiration

The Fear of Falling Apart

eight

Oli finished the last of the bottle, his head still pounding as the painkillers didn't take any affect. His body aching as he slumped on the chair. The sun being blocked out from the room as the black, heavy curtains remained shut for the third day on the trot.

He couldn't believe how badly he had reacted to Tom's reaction, he missed his brother more than he thought he would as he sighed, running a hand down his face as he tossed the JD bottle to the side, hearing it clonk on the wooden floor. His head beginning to be fuzzy as the alcohol took full affect - like he wanted.

Resting his head down, he couldn't suppress the hate he felt for Tom at that moment in time, he missed Robin, the way her hair would fall over her frame, or how gentle her iris' were. Sighing, he shut his eyes, the dizziness continuing as he began to fade. He liked the effect alcohol had on his body, he felt free, happy. He wanted the pain to stop, he wanted to stop loving Robin, but he couldn't. He couldn't help the adoration he felt towards the younger girl.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as Matt, the drummer of their band, pulled him forward, yelling things at him as Oli continued to feel high, his mind only concentrating on sleep and never wanting to wake up.

"Oli, come on mate! Stay with me!" The percussionist yelled, slapping Oli's cheek in attempts to keep him awake. Moving his one ninety pound body from the chair and flat on the floor as more voices drifted in and out of Oli's head, happiness being the only emotion he could feel as the pain began to stop.

But as his body began to shut down, he could only think of one person, and as he heard the wails of sirens and calls of his friends, she was the last thing on his mind as he lay there confused as to what was going on. Until finally, he shut his eyes and slept.

-

The house phone rung as Robin cursed, dashing to it and hoping that it wouldn't wake Mae up as the house was empty other than her and her child.

"Hello?" She breathed, grabbing the cordless phone and heading out of the bedroom, picking up the baby monitor and shutting the door behind her quietly.

"Is this Miss Robin Granger?" A male, deep throaty voice asked as she looked back the phone in confusion before placing it back next to her ear.

"I am, who's calling?" She sighed, heading down the stairs and towards the lounge.

"I'm Nurse Issac Jenkins from Sheffield infirmary, I'm calling to tell you that a Mr Oliver Sykes was brought into us about an hour ago." And at them words, she felt her heart stop, her mind screaming at her to reply.

"W-What happened?" She managed to stammer out as the male nurse sighed.

"He was brought in following an overdose, he kept murmuring your name, so we called you."

"I, I'll be there in five." She agreed as she hung up, grabbing her mobile and scanning through the contacts, finding Summer and ringing her, quickly explaining the situation.

Less than five minutes later, Summer strolled in as Robin hugged her, kissing her bestfriends cheek before disappearing once more towards her Peugeot car, climbing in and speeding towards the hospital.

Her heart and head began to yell different things at her, "You're only going to the hospital because you're engaged to his brother. Her head laughed as she placed one hand on her forehead, tears beginning to fall from her sleep deprived eyes.

Don't kid yourself, Robin. You're going because you love him, just like he loves you.