‹ Prequel: Grass Green Moon White

Cold as Winter

Oops

It is Sunday morning and I haven't slept after the sun began to rise. Usually I would be up and running, doing patrol, but in order to do that I should check in with the alphas.

I need something to do. I can't sit here.

Sara, I need you.

There is no response, the drum of familiar voices from the pack link is quiet.

Sara?

It's no use. I have to talk to the Luna, I have to tell her what happened. She deserves to know. It's the right thing to do.

I take a quick shower and change into black jeans a knee length red dress and a hoodie. I pull on my nikes and run towards the pack house.

I walk into the pack house and see a few pack members eating breakfast.

"Good morning Maria, grab a plate. Discovering's making pancakes!" Amelia the Beta calls out to me.

"Good morning. Thank you, but I am looking for the Luna, where is she?

A sheet of worry flutters across her features and then slips away. Tyler James the body guard for the alphas and my gym teacher sits beside his wife eating. Sara glances at me.

"She's upstairs. But just, be a little wary I think somethings gotten her upset." She says.

"Yes, that's why I need to see her." Amelia and Sara look confused but Sara motions for me to head upstairs. The other pack members glance at us from the TV curiously, but go back to watching the news.

I hear knocking and I rush up two stair cases to see the source. Annabelle, the Luna of Lose Crescent is knocking at her sons door wearing sweats. She must've just come from patrol.

"Open the door sweetheart. Let's talk about this. You won't get your problems solved by yourself! We all need support sometimes. "

"Mom, tell her leave!" Alex breathes out from his room, his voice strung with sadness.

My body goes rigid and the Luna stares at me.

"Drew! How do you know that Maria's here? Open this door right now!" He opens the door and stares at me sadly.

His mother gives him a once over look and glances at me. Their matching blue eyes staring at my guilty face.

"So Maria then, why are you here?" I stare at him, his eyes almost silver and his voice dripping with venom at my name.

He receives a smack on his shoulder.

"That's no way to speak to our guest Drew, apologize right now."

My jaw drops.

"Drew?"

"What?" He almost growls.

"No, you're name is Drew? Oops, I thought you were Alex."

The look of hatred simmers down from his eyes.

"Oops? Wh-what do you mean?" He stammers and steps closer to me.

I stride a few steps and rest my hand on his shoulder.

"That means, I guess that means we're mates Drew." I breathe.

"What the h-" Alpha Stone rushes to his wife's side and she covers his mouth and holds him close.

"Shhhh Aiden. They're talking." She breathes. I glance at her bright eyes staring at us.

"Dad, you don't even want to know. Uhh, Mom, Dad, could you give us some privacy for a bit?" Drew's face has become a little red and I notice how different he looks from Alex. His hair is short and he has a small dimple like his father and his way with words is different.

The Luna pulls the Alpha away and he turns back to watch us enter Drew's room.

"He found his mate." She breathes, hardly a whisper. "We'll talk to him later."

"What?! You're going to leave two teenagers together?" Alpha Stone glances back and I catch his eye before the door shuts.

Drew leans against the door, crosses his arms and stares at me.

Usually under such conditions I would just go for the window or lay down the law, but since the situation is a little new I feel at loss for words.

Words.

Which words?

Words for my mate?

"So Maria, right?" He says and I nod.

"Yes, and you're Drew, right?" I say and he grins maintaining eye contact.

"Yeah, I'm Drew." He says and reaches to spin a strand of my hair in his fingers.

I giggle.

"That was so awkward." I say.

He smirks.

"You don't know the half of it. I thought you wanted to break the bond, but now I know the truth Maria. Man am I glad!" He says my name like a special treat.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"So mate tell me me about yourself." I say and plop onto the bed.

He grabs a chair and stares into my eyes. He leans forward with his elbows on his knees.

"My name is Drew, I have a twin...."

"Let me guess, you like long walks in the forest and have a soft spot for wild animals?" He laughs.

"Are you hungry? We can go out to eat."

I stand and Drew grabs his jacket from the floor.

We vouch to climb out the window rather than face everyone knowing just yet. Drew goes first and at the bottom he holds out his arms for me to jump three stories. I jump and land in a crouch beside him. I flip my hair and stride ahead.

He whistles out to me.

I turn and look at Drew who has an impressed smirk.

"Coming?" I say.

"Who knew you would be so tuff?"

"You don't know me just yet." I say.

We climb into a silver Ferarri Spyder with red seats.

"And you don't know me." Drew speeds out of the driveway, pulls a donut, spinning gravel everywhere and speeds towards the main road. A laugh escapes me at the exhilaration of the fast car, the thrumming engine, finding my mate, being in a new country, everything just let's go in that breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I have two chapters ready, but without comments I don't feel motivated to put them up just yet.

What do you think? Is it any good?