Status: Hiatus

Forgetting Kelly Grace

Forgetting Kelly Grace

Kelly. Hearing her name gives me those butterflies cliche authors talk about. I feel all those feelings everybody who has ever been in love has felt. Kelly is the name of a girl who is like no other, she doesn't let anybody forget her name.

Not many people are as fond of Kelly as I am. They only saw the negative things about her, things I've either loved or overlooked. My mom said she was rude, the kind of girl you’d put on Disaster Date. She said girls should have long flowy hair, and Kelly’s had short hair for as long as I remember. My dad told me that all the cigarettes she smoked made her reak. He said her breath smelled weird and kissing her would be nearly impossible. My sisters didn't like her either, but never gave particular reasons why.

But I love everything about her. That petite figure, the blonde hair I always ran my fingers through, and those big brown doe eyes, how could anyone resist a girl like that? I love her flawless, pale vanilla scented skin, a smell most of the world loves. She always wore the same gold chain around her neck, for reasons I never exactly knew, she never told me. I loved the way she smoked her cigarettes, seeing the smoke escape from her lips and nose was the most attractive thing. Her nails were always painted the same shade of grey. Nothing about her ever changes, and that’s what I loved the most.

I’ve spent 756 days with her, and eventually, she let me go, which left me disappointed and heartbroken, but not at all surprised. Kelly is too good for me, and still is. She deserves better.