Status: Oneshot (more like a Drabble actually)

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

Jack gazed his eyes over his room. Despite the change it still reminded of how it used to look, back when he was a kid. Now, he was seventeen, unhappy, lonely and going nowhere.

He sat on the floor in the middle of the room. He remembered when he was sitting in the same spot with Alex, they were seven years old and talking about the future. “I want to get married to a beautiful girl and have three kids!” Alex giggled. “I wanna marry Taylor!” he added with a grin. “No, I wanna marry Taylor!” Jack exclaimed and crossed his arms over his chest. “We both marry her!” both boys yelled at the same time and broke into a fit of giggles afterwards.

Jack blinked. Tears were welling up in his eyes at the thought of the past. Because the past was the past and it would never come back to him. Alex would never come back to him. He still saw him, sat next to him in some classes at school, but he was so far away at the same time. They weren’t meeting anymore, barely talking. Alex was pretty popular, was invited to parties and had a girlfriend, Jack only had few friends he barely met, never been to a party and could only dream of girlfriends.

When they were younger they met almost every day, had sleepovers at the weekends and shared all their secrets. They always had crushes on the same girl, but that was okay since none of them really had a chance.

Jack didn’t know when or why they drifted apart, it just happened. And it hurt. Alex always had been the luckier one, the boy every girl looked after, who was spoiled by his parents, who got along with everybody and had more talents than he could count.

Alex was going somewhere; he wanted to graduate and go to college, then get a decent job and probably marry his current girlfriend. Jack had no idea what he wanted to do with his life, at least none of his plans were realistic, right now he wasn’t even sure if he could graduate. He felt like a failure compared to everyone else, and to see how well Alex did just made it hurt some more.

None of his childhood dreams came true, he wasn’t with a girl now (he was actually concerned that no one would ever fall in love with him, because, why would they?), he wasn’t good looking or athletic, he didn’t do well in school and the shit tons of parties never happened. Well, they probably did happen, but unfortunately without him.

What did his life become? What about all his dreams and wishes? He’s always been sure that he would at least have Alex, but Alex had better things to do than deal with Jack’s problems. He was alone. Alone with memories and the shadow of long lost hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's one of these things I wrote at night when I felt like a failure. It's kinda late now too, so I'm sorry if it's full of mistakes.