Seize the Day

February

February

It’s Saturday night and Ryder’s at a party one of his friends are throwing. He’s having a good time, the music’s blasting, free drinks. Ali walks in and their eyes meet. They smile as Ali walks toward him.

“Hey, Ry,” she yells kissing him on the lips.

“Hey, beautiful. Want a drink?” he responds. She nods and he grabs her hand leading her to the kitchen to get something to drink. He pulls two cans of beer from a cooler, opens them, and hands one to Ali.
The rest of the party becomes one big blur of drunken entertainment.

It’s Valentine’s day, and Ryder’s determined to make it a memorable one for Ali, something she’ll never forget. He planned it all out, every single detail and he was quite proud of himself. He’s had a lot going on a lot to figure out but for tonight none of that matters. The only thing that matters is having this romantic night with Ali.

The night starts out with dinner, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. “This place is wonderful,” Ali comments a smile on her face, her eyes lighting up.

“Only the best for you.”

Then they headed back to his apartment having paid his roommate to take off for the night so that they could be alone.

“I love you.” He told her once they arrived.

“I love you, too,” she responded leaning in for a kiss.

It was the perfect night and it was the best feeling in the world to wake up tangled up next to her.
He wanted to capture this moment. He wanted to just press the pause button and just live this second forever but unfortunately that couldn’t happen.