Crimson Day

one of one

Tonight was the last night that we would be together before he leaves me. My soon- to- be- husband is leaving tomorrow morning for a ten month tour around the world. He and his five best friends are in a band called Avenged Sevenfold, and his role in the band is Synyster Gates lead guitarist. Right here on this beach though he is just Mr. Brian Haner JR. We sit here gazing at the flowery tangerine clouds, the shy opaque sun, the sparkling sand and the salty gleaming water rushing to meet us ashore. I gaze up at him and admire his handsome strong face, but when he notices I turn away, my face an amber shade.
He hooks his fingers under my chin and turns my face towards his. I gaze into his eyes, and I melt under his tender velvety touch. As my eyes start to close he envelopes me in a sweet kiss I open my eyes and pull away; turning my head to the side away from his view. I soon hear his raspy voice ask "Babe, what's wrong? Did I do something or is it about tomorrow?" The pain in me grows stronger and stronger because I only wished that this night; this moment would last. I turn my head and softly reply "Yes Brig, it's about tomorrow." The rush of the water is all I hear as I start to pull away. "You knew that I was leaving so why are you getting so upset about it now?" His sarcasm strikes a chord with me. I turn to face him and say "oh I don’t know maybe because my fiancé is leaving for ten months to travel all over the world to potentially have hundreds of girls all over him!" He grunts his response the finally asks with his thunderous voice "well what do you want me to do about it Peyton? What would make you happy? Do you want me to stay home? Would that make you happy?" Anger and annoyance laced in his tone. I backed away from him shock written on my expression. "No Brian what I don want is to know that I can trust you while you're on the road. Sure in the past five years that we've been together and the times that I’ve gone with you there hasn’t been a problem, but who's to say that something won’t happen while you're gone? Huh? I don't trust some of those crazy groupies!" After I spilled my feelings out his anger subsided, and his facial expression seemed tame. As he walked toward me the wind blew his sweet tempting sent into my nostrils; right then all I wanted to do was hug him and not let him go, but that's not the way it works. As he wrapped his muscular tattooed arms around my waist all the anger melted away, and he surely knew that. He let me go and softly grabbed my hand ,and he led me up the beach to our house to get dinner fixed ,and for us to settle down to prepare for the long roller coaster we were about to ride for the next few hours; as well as for the next ten months. We made our way it up to the house and ate our and ate our dinner in somewhat silence; although, some small talk was made. Most of the sadness was really starting to hit me as I made my way up the soft carpeted staircase to our bedroom where he was slowly packing one of his many suitcases with his things and even some of mine. I seen him throw my favorite teddy bear that he got me on our first date in his suitcase, and I almost broke down more than what I did earlier. Before I had a chance to catch myself I blurted out “what are you packing that for?"
Mentally slapping myself I looked at him for his response. The thing that he replied back to me broke my heart even more. "It smells like you. It has my favorite perfume that you wear on it, and imp going to sleep with it so I think that im sleeping beside you every night." I swear that I saw the gleam of tears in his eyes as he confessed that to me. Seeing him almost break down hurt me probably more than any thing. Its awful to see him so emotional and there to be nothing that I can do about it.
I could only hug him and try to get him to focus on folding and packing his clothes, and not on leaving me soon. As we finished packing his clothes we decided to trudge down to the shore one last time before it got too dark out. When it did finally get too dark out we headed inside to watch some movies and talk about wedding details; or at least anything that would get our minds of morning. It actually did the trick too because before we knew it was almost 4 A.M ,and time for us to finally go to sleep since we both could barely keep our eyes open. We snaked our groggy butts up the stairs while turning out the lights. I slipped under the crisp cool blankets and settled in. I then felt two familiar tattooed arms snake around my waist, and I almost started to cry again realizing once again that I wouldn't feel this for quite some time. Before I could actually start to cry sleep over came me, and I was lost in the oblivion of sleep. I woke up not long after to find myself facing Brian’s chest, and his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist. I placed a soft kiss to his chest, and watched him slightly begin to stir as well as begin to wake up shortly after. “Good morning beautiful." He groggily croaks out looking at me with those big brown beautiful sleep filled eyes. Then the realization of what today was finally hit him and his once shinny eyes have now turned a dull brown color. A frown has now graced his beautiful facial features as well. He slowly pulls away and goes to get a shower to prepare for the long travel day ahead of him.
He soon comes out of the shower his hair freshly washed and styled, his favorite v-neck t-shirt, black ripped jeans, and his signature smirk plastered on his face. He comes over to me and says "now were in the world is my morning kissed that you have so rudely forgotten to give me this morning?" I giggle and shoot back "I don’t' know Mr. Haner you tell me." The smile on his face grows as he leans down and places a loving kiss on my lips. He softly states "I love you, so much." “I love you too." I choke back as he grabs a bag and I follow doing the same and follow him down the stairs. We place the bags down by the door, and he checks his phone to find a text from one of his best friends and fellow band member Matt who was telling him that the bus would be there in five minutes to pick him up.
He replies with an ‘ok’, and we silently stand there holding each other awaiting the arrival of the bus. As we see the bus slowly approaching the house I start to hold him tighter as I try to fight back the tears that are stubbornly forming in my eyes. I hear him lowly say "Baby I love to so much, and I will call you every day and I will Skype you everyday as well ok?" I shake my head in response and hug him tighter. I hear him whisper “I know honey, but I have to go.” As he pulls away from me he sees the tears streaming down my face, and he hugs me once more after wiping my cheeks and placing a soft kiss to the top of my head. Even though I have been through this before this is by far the hardest goodbye yet; although, I am going to see him and spend a few days each month with him soon it’s still hard. He pulls away and strongly says “I have to go babe. I will call you later tonight ok?” I stiffly nod my head as he kisses me one more time then stalks down the driveway to the bus. I see him turn around. Blow me a kiss, wave, and mouth to me ‘I love you’. I repeat his actions and I then see him disappear on to the bus. Then I start to see it pull away down the street.
I close the door, put my back to it and slowly start to slide down to the floor in a mess of tears; I begin grabbing at my phone to text to Brian the words ‘Be safe my love see you soon.’ Only to then press send and then drop the phone to the floor in another crying fit. Its really going to be a hard few weeks, but I know he will stick to his word and call me every night and that is the one thing that I know will pull me through this. So as I pull myself up off the floor I dry my tears knowing that I will see him soon, and I will get to tell him I love him. I look down at my phone seeing the reply text from Brian saying ‘I love you!’ I smile knowing that I will and can do this , and that everything will be ok in a few hours and the next few weeks to come. I know that soon I will get my crimson day.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story so please dont critisize too harshly. Tell me if you liked and stay tuned for other storys!!