Paperweight

Chapter 2

The weekend had come and gone and it was Labor Day. It was always confused me why we didn’t start school after the holiday since we got the Monday of Labor Day off anyway.

The Staal’s always had a barbeque for the holiday. Linda and Henry would set tables up in their backyard and cook out all day long. The day always started off with hockey though. As it always did.

Currently, I was sitting in the stands of Jordan’s practice rink right between Marc and Eric Staal as we watched some of the Pete’s practice.

“He’s looking good,” Eric pointed out.

“For sure, he’s gonna make it, no doubt about that,” Marc added as they watched their younger brother skate across the ice.

“How much you wanna bet he goes earlier than you two did in the draft?” I smirked looking at them.

“I’m not even gonna put money down on that one. The kid is good,” Marc said.

“I’ll put money down. No way in hell my little brother is going earlier than I am,” Eric said.

“Hey, you old man. It’s a possibility,” I nudged him.

We continued to watch the practice until the guys started skating off the ice and to the locker room. The three of us walked down to the locker room. I banged on the door loudly before entering, “Girl coming in!” I yelled covering my eyes before peaking through to make sure they were all decent.

“Staal, you’re girl is here!” one of the guys yelled as the guys began to crowd around Eric and Marc wanting to talk to them since they were now big NHL players.

“Hey baby,” I smiled walking up to him as he was standing at his locker in his spandex.

He put his hands on my waist, leaning in to kiss me, “Hey beautiful,” he smiled before our lips touched. His eyes widened as he pulled away looking behind me, “Hey! What are you guys doing here?!” he asked noticing his brothers.

I smiled that we were able to keep the surprise. We tried to sit high enough in the stands so that Marc and Eric could watch Jordan without noticing him. He gave each of his brothers a hug.

“You’re looking good out there, bro,” Eric told him.
“A lot better than you,” Jordan smirked cockily.

“Alright, I wouldn’t go that far,” he laughed.

Jordan finished changing before throwing on a hat backwards as the four of us walked out to the parking lot.

“I’ll take Alex with me,” Jordan said.

“We figured that much. Should we make an excuse for why you are late?” Marc asked giving him a smirk.

“Nahhh, we’ll be back on time. You know how mom gets during parties.” He said lacing his fingers with mine. We walked over to his truck and he opened the door for me. He shut it before jogging around to his side and getting in.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming to practice? I would’ve drove you,” he said looking over at me as he pulled out.

“I wanted to surprise you with your brothers so I just came with them,” I smiled.

“It was a good surprise, I figured they would still be training,” he said confused.

“They are, but somehow they got the day off. They have to leave in the morning though so they aren’t here long,” I told him.

“Hey, I’ll take any time I can get.”

When we pulled into the Staal driveway, Jordan ran to open my door before I could. He wrapped his arms around my waist, stepping between my legs giving me a kiss as I still sat in his truck. I kissed him back, wrapping my legs around his waist pulling him closer. He pulled away and put his face into my neck. I ran my fingers up and down his back as I held him.

“You sure you don’t want us to tell mom you are going to be late?” Marc yelled walking by us.

“No, just give us a second,” Jordan said keeping his face in my neck. We heard the door shut, knowing the boys got inside and we were alone again.

“Baby, you need to shower, you smell,” I told him scrunching my nose.

“Take one with me?” he asked pulling away with a big smile on his face as he helped me down.

“Uh no. Your family is all home and my dad will be here soon and you have a party going on, not happening,” I said and he pouted.

We walked inside and went straight up to Jordan’s room. “Go shower. I’m gonna get ready and then I will see you downstairs when you are done,” I told him.

He began to get undressed in front of me, stripping completely down and throwing his clothes in the hamper before walking over to me. “You sure you don’t want to shower with me?” he asked kissing my neck.

“I’m sure. Don’t try and flaunt your body at me. Get your sexy ass in the shower,” I told him. He walked away going into the connecting bathroom, leaving the door open as he turned on the shower and got in.

I then began to get changed into a more appropriate outfit for the party rather than my yoga pants and a top. I slid on a strapless maxi dress, the bottom part being a teal color and the bust of the dress being white, a black stripe separating the two colors. I pulled on a jean jacket over top before fixing my make up and going down stairs.

“Alex!” I heard when I walked outside.

“Tanya! Lindsay!” I smiled making my way over to Eric and Marc’s girlfriends. I gave them each a hug.

“How’s school?” Lindsay asked.

“It’s school, a pain in the ass. I’m ready to be done already,” I told them.

“You sure about that? You ready to start the life that we have?” they asked.

“Yeah, I think I am,” I smiled. The two of them both moved out to the cities where Eric and Marc played to be with them after they were drafted. Jordan and I hadn’t talked too much about it but we both kind of just assumed I would go along wherever he went.

“Have you and Eric set a date yet?” I asked Tanya.

“Yes, it’s going to be this summer, August,” she smiled back.

“That is so exciting! I can’t even imagine how fun it is to plan a wedding,”

“It’s fun but it’s stressful. Thank god Eric is a big help.” She told us.

“If Marc and I ever get married I think he would help…” Lindsay said making the two of us laugh.

“Good luck with that one honey,” I laughed knowing that Marc probably wouldn’t be too much of a help.

I felt a pair of lips hit her cheek, “Are you two corrupting my girlfriend?” I heard Jordan’s voice.

“I’m pretty sure you already did that,” Tanya laughed.

“Jordan!” we heard a little voice yell. We all turned around to see my 4 year old brother running towards Jordan. He easily picked him up, throwing him in the air.

“Hey little man!” Jordan said back catching him after he had tossed him up. He held him in his arms talking to him animatedly about something as I walked over to my parents.

“Your not gonna get your boyfriend back tonight,” my dad said with a laugh and I nodded.

“Yeah, I kinda figured that out. But it’s okay, it’s cute seeing him with Bentley.” I smiled looking at him with my little brother.

“Isn’t it? I lovvve watching your dad with him,” my mom said.

“Please, don’t go any further,” I said with a laugh.

“Guys that are good with kids is definitely attractive. And these Staal boys are all amazing with children,” Tanya pointed out and I nodded.

“Hey Billy,” I heard Jordan’s voice come out from behind me before shaking my father’s hand. “Ava, looking great as always,” he smiled at my mom giving her a hug and kiss on the cheek as I laughed shaking my head.

“Charming as ever, Jordan,” my mom smiled.

“We’re having a pick up game! Head to the rink!” I heard Eric yell before he ran towards the rink in the Staal’s backyard.

“You wanna play, Benny?” Jordan asked still holding my brother. He nodded excitedly. “I call Bentley!” he shouted it out making my brother laugh and me smile. He began to jog away before stopping and turning back and coming over to me and kissing me softly. “You look beautiful, baby,” he said.

“Ewww!” Bentley said at our kissing.

“Give it a few years, you definitely won’t be EWing during a kiss little man, or we have a problem,” Jordan tickled my little brother before kissing me once more and jogging over to the rink.

The girls all walked over to the rink slower than the boys did. By the time the boys got there, they already had on their pads and were lacing up their skates.

“No, the two NHL players are not going to be on the same team,” Jordan said shaking his head. “You two be captains.”

The boys tossed a coin to see who would be picking first and it was Marc.

“I got Jordan,” Marc started.

“Jared,” Eric called.

“Billy,” Marc went next.

“Dad,” Eric said.

Jordan took Ben out onto the ice helping him skate around for a bit before they were about to drop the puck. He lifted Bentley up on his shoulders as the started skating around on the ice. A few minutes in Jordan had the puck, with Bentley still on his shoulders as he shot and scored. Jordan and Ben began to cheer as they went to Marc and Dad giving them a high five. He skated over to me leaning over with his lips puckered, “Gimme a kiss,” he said.

I leaned in and kissed him softly, “Good job,” I said before pulling Bentley off his shoulders and handing him to my mom as we watched the boys play the rest of the game. In the end Jordan’s team won 3-2.

We all went back over towards the house, sitting down at the tables as more people began to arrive. Henry and my dad finished grilling burgers and hot dogs as my mom and Linda brought out the various types of salads.

“Dig in,” Linda smiled motioning for everyone to help themselves. We all got up forming a line at the buffet table. The boys all got way more food than I could even comprehend to swallow.

Marc, Eric, Jordan, me and the girls all sat at a table chatting and eating before we made our way over to the bonfire. Jordan pulled me down onto his lap. Soon enough Bentley walked over and climbed up. Soon enough he was falling asleep in our arms.

“Al, it’s time to go,” I heard my dad’s voice as my mom leaned over and picked up a sleeping Bentley. “Sorry, Al it’s a school night,” he said knowing I didn’t want to leave.
I stood up and Jordan followed. I went around and hugged his brothers and Lindsay and Tanya before going to Linda and Henry. Jordan walked me out to my parents car, “Night baby,” he said kissing me softly, “I love you,”

“I love you too,” I said kissing him one more time before getting into the car as my parents drove away.

When we got home I said goodnight to both of my parents before making my way into my bedroom. I closed the door behind me before I began to undress. I heard something and turned around to see Jordan climbing through my window.

I smiled at him and he stripped off his shirts and pants leaving him in his boxers as he walked over pulling on my hand to take me to my bed. “Let me change,” I whispered and he shook his head. “Can I at least put on a sports bra?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

He nodded and went over to my bed laying down under the covers, watching me as I took off my strapless bra and changed into a sports bra before going to my bed and crawling in next to him. He immediately pressed his lips to mine hungrily and I returned it just as much before pulling away.

“I didn’t want to sleep without you,” he said.

“I love you,” I replied.

“I love you too, Ally. Sweet dreams,” he said kissing me softly before pulling me into him. I laid my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat as I slowly fell asleep in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it! Please leave me feedback in the comments. I'd love to hear what you think :)