Status: Merry hohoho

Christmas With You

1/1

When snow fell on the streets of their hometown, it was like the Mother Nature was giving them a gift. The white dust falling down onto the ground, accumulating into a huge layer of powder on the roads and sidewalks. And the feeling of just staying home, watching from the window with a warm cup of hot coco, something that Alex was amazing at making, the huge shining Christmas tree illuminating the dark room mixed with the flaring fire that brought the two men sitting on their love seat to content and warmth, was amazing.

It was a Christmas miracle, to have peace in their home, no one disturbing them, judging them, telling them that they needed to wake up at 6 in the morning for a long day mixed with interviews and photo-shoots. And despite missing the adrenaline of playing on stages to hundreds of kids, they also liked the calm aroma that was filling their living room as they whisper to each other how much they love the other. Because nothing mattered now, this was their time to relax and it was there time to have things go down their way.

Jack gets up, moving towards the old record player that he bought a few years ago on tour in New Orleans at a small thrift shop, he hadn’t ever found a reason to use it, but he wants to have the atmosphere of an old romantic Christmas movie, so what’s a better time than now to rip out the old Christmas records and use the dusty record player. And soon the notes of a saxophone fill the air, and Alex is laughing as Jack moves to the music his eyes closed and a tiny smile on his face as he dances not so delicately towards the other man.

He extends his arm towards the beautiful man that he’s called ‘his’ on and off since 2007, but he didn’t want to think about the rough patches in their relationships, neither of them did, because here they were smiling at each other as Alex takes the others hands and is pulled to his feet. The light haired man rests his head on the taller man’s chest wrapping his arms around his waist and he rests his head on top of his head and puts his arms around his shoulder and they sway together right and left to the Christmas tunes that fill the room and they’ve never felt happier.

They can think about all the stupid things they’ve done in their past to ruin their relationship, but they don’t, because right now they were happy and it was Christmas and everything was a-okay. The gifts were given, they’ve said their greetings to their family and friends, both holding hands and ignoring the looks that read “oh, they’re back together, yet again.” And they ran from all of it and they’re dancing to the music wrapped around each other.

“Merry Christmas, Jack.” Alex sighs, he was so relaxed and he never wanted this to end.

“Merry Christmas, Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Too late to say Merry Christmas, so have a happy new years eve.