Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Where'd We Go?

~ Time Lapse: The next day ~

[Jaime]

I woke up, face down on my bunk and I felt like I’d been hit by a bus. My head was pounding like a jackhammer and my mouth felt all fuzzy. I groaned inwardly.

How much did I drink last night? I can hardly remember anything.


Not having the energy to physically lift my head, I listened carefully to see if anyone else was awake. I heard loud snoring come from beneath me.

So, Tony isn’t up yet.

Cracking my eyes open the tiniest bit, I looked over the aisle at Vic’s bunk. It was empty, but Mike’s was full. And by full, I mean he was in it with a girl. One that was awake, apparently. She grabbed her clothes and ducked into the bathroom red-faced. I didn’t recognize her as she fled past and out the door a minute later. 
My arm was hanging out of my bunk and I felt someone tug on it. Reluctantly I turned my head to face whoever it was.


“Good morning Hime Time! How are you on this wonderful day?” Vic chirped at the top of his lungs.
I grunted at his cheerfulness.


“If I didn’t feel so fucking shit right now, I’d hit you.” I grumbled into my pillow. He grinned.


“There’s bacon and eggs if you want some.” He sang, turning on his heel and skipping back to the kitchen.


Why was he so happy this morning?


The last thing I wanted to do was get up, but when I checked my phone and saw that it was 11 I knew I had to. We had a show to play in a few hours, and I didn’t want to be hurling on stage.
 After possibly making the most uncoordinated exit from by bunk, I stumbled into the kitchen area and sunk into the chair, laying my head on the table.


“Why are you so freaking happy?” I groaned.


“Because it’s a beautiful day!” Vic sang, placing a plate of food in front of me.


“Whoever is singing better shut the fuck up, it’s too early for this shit.” Tony half yelled, half mumbled from his bunk.


“You get laid last night or something?” I asked, picking up a fork and digging in.


“I’m appalled, Mr. Preciado.” He mock gasped, a carton of orange juice in his hand.


“I didn’t, actually.” He said, filling up and glass and plonking it in front of me. 
Vic, making breakfast for everyone and being awake early? Something was definitely up.


“So what is it then? I bet it has something to do with Chloe.”

Damn, Vic should make us breakfast more often. This was delicious.


“Spot on, Hime Time!” Vic yelled.


“I said shut it Vic!” Tony shouted. We both heard a thump and knew Tony was up.


“Uh oh, you woke the turtle. Hope you had a nice life Victor.”

I said nonchalantly.


“Good morning sunshine!” Vic spun around and kissed Tony on the cheek, dodging the slap that soon followed.


“What’s up his ass?” Tony grunted, sliding in to the seat opposite me.


“Dunno. Something to do with Chloe.” My mouth was full, but I didn’t care.

“Did he fuck her or something?” I shook my head.


A minute later, Tony had a full plate of food sitting in front of him as well.


“What’s gotten into you, Vic? You never cook.” Tony mumbled through a mouthful of eggs.

“I felt like being nice this morning, but you ungrateful pieces of shit don’t appreciate it so I won’t be likely to do it again.” Vic said indignantly.


“What happened with Chloe?” Tony asked, looking up from his breakfast.


“Well, Mr. Perry. After the beer pong match and we took off, Chloe and I saw Bo sitting on top of Jaime-”


“What!?”

I choked on my orange juice, spitting it over my now empty plate.


“Don’t you remember Hime?” Vic said, puzzled. I shook my head.


“The last thing I remember is losing that bloody game, everything is fuzzy after that.”

Bo was sitting on me? Why?


Vic pulled out his phone and showed me a picture. It was dark and pretty blurry, but sure enough, there she was.

“Why?” 
Now it was Vic’s turn to shake his head.


“I have no idea. I just remember screaming ‘Have fun fucking’ and running off.”


“Do you know what happened after?” Vic shook his head again, and Tony punched me on the arm, grinning wildly.


“I came back, put Chloe to bed and went to bed too. And, the reason why I’m so happy is a finally got her number.” Vic beamed.


“Dude. She lives in a bus thats parked 50 feet away.” Tony rolled his eyes.


“Whatever Perry, you’re just jealous.” Vic retorted.

“So, you guys haven’t seen Bo anywhere?” I asked. “I want to know why she was sitting on me.” It was such an irrelevant thing this morning but I wanted to know.


“Not since last night.” Vic replied, looking up from his phone.

“Actually, she wasn’t on the bus this morning. Chloe said she didn’t come back from the party.” He furrowed his brow in concern. 


“It’s not like her to just disappear, she’ll turn up somewhere soon enough.” Tony said warmly.
 Sighing, I checked the time. It was 11:30.


“Well soon enough better be in the next ten minutes because Ephemeral go in in twenty.” I said, panic setting in.

What if she was hurt? What if she’d been kidnapped or abducted or something? Calm down Jaime. No need to panic.


“It doesn’t surprise me she isn’t about, she did drink quite a bit last night. Must have forgotten what time they went on.” Tony laughed. I shot him a glare.


“Even still, where did she sleep?” I said sharply.


“She’s definitely not on her bus, so maybe she crashed on someone else's?” Vic asked.


“Not likely, she doesn’t know many of the others that well!” I snapped back, his comment rubbing me the wrong way. I felt like shit from being hungover.


“Sorry dude, just trying to help.” Vic shrugged, a pained look on his face.


“Hey, sorry. Just a bit tense at the moment, not knowing where she is. She was really wasted last night, if I recall.” I apologized, looking down at my hands. Vic gave me a quick hug from the side.


“I understand.”
 I opened my mouth to say something when a loud banging interrupted. Vic and I looked at each other in wonder before getting up and hopping off the bus.


“What the- Bo! There you are!”
 My heart started thumping at the sight of her, so happy that she was safe and sound. I don’t know why I’d been worried, it wasn’t like she was my girlfriend or anything. But still. At the sound of my voice, she turned.


“Hey Jaime.”


“What’s up? Where have you been? Are you okay?” My voice came in pants because of the short run between our buses. Damn, I was really out of shape.


“Well, uh, long story short when I was on the phone to my brother after you fell over, I kinda got lost and I fell down and passed out.” Came her reply, followed by a hug. “Sorry if I worried you.”


“I just wanted to make sure you were okay, that’s all. Unlike you to disappear into thin air.” As I wrapped my arms around her waist, my pounding heart started to slow down. I’m so glad that she’s okay, I thought to myself.


“So why did I fall over?” I felt her shrug.


“I think you and Vic ran away with me and Chloe and you tripped and I think I fell on you.” She said with a laugh.


“Yeah, and Vic’s got photos too.” I groaned. 
We let go and I asked,


“Did you forget that you’re on in fifteen minutes?”
 She sheepishly rubbed her hand through her messy hair.


“You could say that. I don’t know what happened to my shoes because I was sure I had some on last night.. Know where the rest of my band are?” It was then I took in her disheveled appearance and lack of footwear. It looked like she slept in a ditch somewhere (which she had) and that couldn’t have been comfortable in a dress. 


“Yeah they headed over to the stage ten minutes ago… I hope you aren’t planning on going on like that. I mean the whole ‘I slept in my clothes and just woke up’ is really hot but not quite stage appropriate.” I smirked. She blushed at my words and gestured to the bus.


“Me either, but since I’m locked out I don’t really have a choice.” Bo sighed in frustration. 
An idea popped into my head.


“You can wear some of my clothes.” I said, grabbing her hand and leading her back to the bus. Her face lit up.


“Really? That’s really sweet of you, but theres a little problem with that.” Bo said from behind me a moment later.


“What’s that?” We’d reached the bus and I was rummaging through my suitcase, hunting for something decently clean while Bo said hi to Vic and Tony.


“How tall are you, and how short am I.” She said simply, hands on her hips.

“Oh.” My hands stopped rummaging for a second, pulling out a black t-shirt with ‘Love Before Glory’ written across the front. As I tossed it to her, a second idea popped into my head. I was on a roll today.


“Hey Vic, you’re a girl. Can Bo borrow a pair of your jeans? She’s locked out of her bus.”


She caught the top, and Vic’s insulted face.


“On any other day I would hit you for such an inconsiderate comment you dick but we don’t have time so I’ll have to get you back later.” Vic made a face at me, but got up anyway. 
I grinned.


“I take it that means yes?” 


“Don’t think I’m doing this because for you, I’m doing this because Bo needs pants.” He turned his nose up and stalked past me. Its funny when Vic acts superior to me, because he’s a good foot shorter than me. In the background Tony was laughing hysterically. I just rolled my eyes. That kid’s got the maturity of a five year old.


“You can get changed in here if you want.” Vic said, handing her a pair of black skinny jeans.


“Thanks so much, you guys are legends.” Bo said, stepping inside the bathroom. “I owe you one!” she called through the door. Just then I remembered her lack of shoes.


“Hey Bo? We might have another slight problem..” I called back.
 A few seconds later she stuck her head out.


“Yeah?” she asked, pulling my t-shirt over her head.

God she looked good in my clothes.


“Well, none of our shoes would fit you because you have tiny feet and ours are pretty big.” 
She stepped out of the bathroom and just shrugged, looking at her phone.


“We’re on in ten, so we don’t have time anyway. Thanks for clothes though, even though the jeans are a bit big.” She laughed and gave me another hug before heading towards the door.

“Can’t help that Vic has a huge ass, sorry.” I smirked, earning myself an evil look.
She hugged Vic and thanked him for the jeans when she ran back down the bus.


“Sorry Jaime, but I’ll give these back after the set. Bye guys!” In one swift motion she plucked my favourite pair of sunnies off my head and took off out the door.


“Good luck Bo!” I shouted, watching her sprint into the crowd.


“Think she’ll make it there in time to get ready?” Vic said, joining me in the doorway.


“God I hope so.” I replied, still staring after her even though the crowd had already swallowed her up. We stood there for a few minutes until Vic spoke.


“We’ve got nothing better to do, so why don’t we catch the rest of their set?” He suggested.


“Don’t we have a signing to do?” I asked.


“Nah, it got moved to this afternoon remember? Come on.” Vic started walking.


“Oh yeah, I forgot. Sweet as.” My feet followed him automatically as he took off towards the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I'm posting this all anyway in the futile hope some of my readers will return
It's getting interesting now though
c:

Title Credit: Good Charlotte