Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Fighting Through The Pain

[Vic]



I was in the middle of talking to Mike about our plans today when the door of the bus was yanked open to reveal a shirtless Jaime.


“Morning Hime.” I said. He looked tired, the bags under his eyes more prominent than before.


“Morning guys.” He said, ducking inside and down to his bunk.


“Sleep well?” Mike called after him.


“Alright.” Came his reply. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw him grab a change of clothes and duck into the bathroom.


“How’s Bo?” I called.


“Sleeping.” Jaime yelled back. Gee, he wasn’t giving anything away this morning. I continued to munch on my cornflakes in silence while Mike checked his phone and Tony was pouring his second cup of coffee.


“Man, I am so not going to enjoy to this three hour bus ride if you’re gonna be hyped on coffee.” I groaned.

“You’ll live.” He shrugged, resuming his place on the couch next to my brother.
Jaime reappeared, fully dressed.


“Coffee? He asked hopefully, eyeing Tony’s steaming mug.


“You’ll have to boil the kettle again, I got the last bit.” Tony grinned, sipping his drink.
Jaime groaned while getting up.


“You look like shit man.” Mike said as Jaime waited for the kettle to boil.


“Yeah.” He ran his hand through his hair, making it look even worse than it already did. 
“Rough night. Plus I woke up at some stupid hour this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep.”
 There was a moment of silence before Jaime turned to me, eyebrow raised.


“Heard you had a cuddle buddy last night.”
Almost instantly my cheeks went red.


“Uh, yeah I did.” The smile spreading across my face was huge.


“Good on you man. She’s good to go, too.”


“Huh?” I looked up and found myself staring at Jaime’s back. Walking over with a cup of coffee, he sat next to me with a grin on his face.


“I talked to her this morning, she’s single and ready for Mr. Fuentes to turn her world upside down. She’s head over heels with you, Vic.” I rolled my eyes at Jaime’s dramatic flair, but my grin got even wider.


She was single? Kind of figured but that’s good. 
Head over heels with me? Even better.


“What exactly did she say, Jaime?” I turned to face him, eyeing him suspiciously.


“She didn’t need to, I could tell. It was plain as night.”


“Plain as day, Jaime. Plain as day.” I shook my head.

Could this guy get any figure of speech right? Starting to think he couldn’t.


“Add that to the ‘Jaime can’t talk good list’!” Mike yelled as I laughed. Jaime rolled his eyes and sipped his coffee. I stood and put my bowl in the sink.


“We leave at 7:30 and it’s 6:50 now, so do whatever until then. All of our shit’s packed from yesterday so you just need your asses here then and we’re good.” Maybe this time we could leave when we were supposed to and get somewhere on time, and not late like usual. It had become somewhat of a running joke between all of us here at Warped Tour.


“Aye aye Captain Vic.” Mike said, saluting me as I walked past. I smacked him over the back of his head and walked over to my bunk, happy as Larry.


“I’ll see you guys when we leave, I’m going back to Ephemeral’s bus.” I heard Jaime dumping his mug as I rolled onto my bed, wrapping my arms around my pillow.


“Bye.” I called, vaguely aware that he’d already left.


Head over heels for me, eh? I’m down with that.

I lay on stomach, a stupid grin plastered to my face. A grin that wasn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

[Jaime]



Although brighter, the morning was just as cold as when I left. Pulling my jumper tighter around my shoulders, I jogged the short space between our buses. I raised my hand to knock when Jeremy called out,


“Just come in Jaime. It’s cool.” Guess Chloe had started waking the others.


“Morning guys.” I said, stepping inside. Jeremy was making coffee at the bench, still in his pajamas, while Sam was sitting at the table, already dressed.


“Coffee?” Jeremy offered, holding up a mug. I nodded.


“Hey Jaime. Bo was already awake when I checked on her.” Chloe said, also now fully dressed. I stepped past and made my way down to Bo’s bunk. I was puzzled as I saw one arm hanging out loosely from underneath the covers. Bo must have heard me coming because she turned her head to face me. And to be honest, she looked even worse than last night.


“Morning Hime.” My heart fluttered, hearing my nickname from Bo’s lips, albeit groggily. 


“Morning sunshine.” I put my arm above her bunk and leaned on it, the nickname slipping out before I had the chance to stop it. My cheeks went red and she smiled the tiniest bit.


“How’d you sleep?” I said. All she did was groan and shake her head.


“I didn’t. Not much anyway, only like half an hour.” She managed to mumble through her pillow, not seeming to have the energy to lift her head off the pillow. Dismayed, I took her in. Hair was a mess, as usual, but she was pale. Really pale, and her eyes were dull. 
I held my hand out to her.


“Come on, lets get you dressed and some breakfast into you.” I knew that she had her band mates to take care of her, but I felt oddly protective of her. Almost as if I was supposed to be the one doing this, not her friends. It was really strange, because I’d never felt this with a girl before. I just hope she doesn’t think I’m smothering her.
 She grabbed it, and I felt that now-familiar spark shoot up my arm and across my chest. The second her feet touched the ground, the rest of her body followed with a loud thud.


“Shit, Bo are you okay?” Jeremy was by her side in a flash, grabbing her arm.


“M’fine.” She said, eyes half closed.


“Don’t be stupid, no you’re not.” Jeremy helped me pick her up as she steadied herself against the wall.


“Tired. That’s all.” Gee, Bo could hardly get a coherent sentence out this morning.


“Here, put these on. We’ll fix you some food, okay?” I grabbed a handful of clothes from her bag, gently propelling her towards the bathroom.


“Not hungry.” Was all she said, closing the door behind her.


“Don’t care, you’re eating whether you want to or not.” Jeremy said through the door. I followed him up the bus and into the kitchen.


“Was she like this last night?” Jeremy turned to me. “Chloe filled us in.” He said, seeing my look of confusion.

“Sort of. She seemed really tired last night, but the nowhere near as bad as today.” I picked up my warm coffee from where I’d left it earlier and had a sip.
 Bo appeared at my shoulder a few moments later, dressed in jeans and a hoodie.


“I can’t believe how bloody cold it is this morning. You’d almost think we were in Narnia.” Chloe said, flopping down onto the couch. Sam and Jeremy’s expressions of confusion mirrored my own. Bo laughed weakly.


“Don’t worry, inside joke from back home.” She said.


“Okay girl. What are you having for breakfast?” Jeremy said, standing in front of her with his hands on his hips.


“Oj.” Was the reply. Jeremy rolled his eyes.


“Dude. Actual food.”


“Told you. Not hungry.” Bo said back, leaning her head back onto the couch. Jeremy looked over at me and rolled his eyes.


“You would easily have to be the most stubborn person I’ve ever met, you know that right?.”


“You love me.” Although reluctantly, Jeremy had poured her a glass of orange juice and handed it to her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that as she picked up the glass, her hand was shaking quite bad. At that moment, our tour manager Kevin stuck his head through the door.


“Jaime! Good, you’re here. We leave in ten, so I need everyone on the bus so we can talk about today.” I groaned internally. I had to leave already? Glancing at my watch I saw it was 7:15. Time had flown past.


“Coming. See you guys later.” I called as I left the bus, my gaze lingering on Bo for a moment. She smiled and waved back.

[Bo]



“Guys, I have just come up with the best idea ever.” Sam announced once Jaime had gone. I raised an eyebrow at him as I sipped at my orange juice, forcing myself to swallow it.
“You know how it’s tradition to prank each other on the last day of Warped Tour? Which is in fact, tomorrow. Well I have an idea and I think we should use it for Pierce The Veil.” Sam grinned at us as though his idea was the best in the world. Which, it could be if ever got it out. The reminder that Warped Tour was nearly over made me sad.


“What I want to do is perform their new single at the end of our set, knowing that they’e on later and it’ll be funny because we stole their song. So?”
Jeremy nodded his head.


“I like it. It’s not like we’d had many other ideas on what prank to do.” 
Chloe nodded enthusiastically, jumping at the idea.


“We better make sure we know how to play it.” She added.


“Bo, you up for this?” Everyone was turned towards me, hopeful smiles on their faces.


“Of course I am. As if I’m going to pass up the chance to prank those beaners.” 
It was on.
I was expecting to be tired but not this drained. It took all of me just to get dressed this morning. I thought as I walked down into the back lounge, pausing only to grab my phone and headphones from bunk on the way past. Everything was already packed up, the crew did it last night. I snuggled down into my jumper, wanting to forget the last few days and sleep it off. Except what had happened with Jaime. That, I definitely wanted to remember. So there I sat, in the space between awake and sleeping, doing nothing except letting the music wash over me.



The drive felt more like thirty hours than three. We arrived at the next venue at about 10:30, giving us an hour and a half to prepare for our set. I can’t believe Warped Tour is almost over. We climbed off the bus, stretching out our cramped muscles. Once again, we were parked in the same lot as Pierce the Veil’s bus. Chloe would be happy, I smirked to myself. For some reason this year, we were having two Warped dates in one venue.


“You guys can do whatever you want until about 11:30, but I want you guys backstage and setting up at 11:45. ALL of you.” Tom looked straight at me.

“I don’t want you to pull that disappearing shit on us today.” He said pointedly.


“Yes Tom. I know, I get it.” I rolled my eyes.


“Good. Anyway, catering got here early if you want to go get morning tea. I think half the bands are over there, hanging out.” Tom walked off, leaving us in peace.


“Thank god, I’m starving. Let’s go gang.” Jeremy said, heading off towards where Tom told us catering would be.


“Are you coming Bo? I don’t mind staying here with you if you’re too tired to go.” Chloe asked. I shrugged, knowing how much it was going to exhaust me but not caring. I had two sets left to get through, and then my body could give out. I willed it to hang on a little longer.


“Might as well. Let me chuck some shoes on though.” My eyelids felt like lead as I clambered back onto the bus and pulled on my ugg boots.


“Let’s go. They might have hot chocolate. Mm, I hope they do.” Maybe my appetite was coming back.
Chloe walked beside me, looking at me funny.


“What?” I kept walking, hands jammed into my pockets.


“You look pale, really pale.” She grabbed my arm and stopped me. A small laugh escaped my lips.


“I’m a ginger, being pale comes with the hair colour.”


“Bo! I’m being serious, you really should see a doctor. It’s more than a bad hangover; you’re so exhausted you can’t stand on your own, you’re shaking like a leaf and haven’t eaten. If that’s not a recipe for disaster, I don’t know what is.” I started walking again.


“I’ll be fine, must just be run down from all the shows and the nightmares. As soon as it’s over, we’ll see the doctor. Until then, we focus on our prank.” I was adamant that I was fine, and needed to show everyone that. Chloe just shook her head as we approached the catering tent.


“Hey,” I said, grabbing her elbow and stopping her. Chloe turned around to face me.
 “Thanks, for putting up with me these last few days. I know I’ve been cranky and its because I’m so drained from not sleeping. And thanks, for helping with the nightmares and everything. It can’t be easy having me a a burden. Means a lot.” Pulling her in tight, I put my arms around her and hugged her tight. She was my best friend, my family. I needed to apologize for being such an ass.


“Hey, it’s fine. You don’t have to say anything, I know you’re in a rough patch right now.”
 She hugged me back and I smiled.


“I’m lucky to have you, you know that.” I smiled at her. Spotting PTV at a table, I headed over with Chloe in tow.


“Like I’ve told you a million times, it’s us against them all.” The only spots left were on the end, so I slid in next to Tony and Chloe sat next to Mike. As I stuck my frozen hands into my hoodie, I saw Mike nudge Vic and make a face, to which Vic rolled his eyes.


“Morning guys. How was the drive?” I asked.


“Fucking shit.” Tony said, resting his head on the table, arms crossed.


“What happened?” Chloe asked. I saw Jeremy and Sam sitting with Matty from Memphis May Fire and waved.


“You know how we’re going on the Collide With The Sky tour in a few weeks? Well our supporting band called this morning and cancelled for the whole entire tour.” Mike groaned.


“We’ve tried asking a bunch of other bands this morning but everyone’s busy and most of them want some time off after Warped Tour because it’s been such a long tour.” Mike continued.


“Shit guys, that’s no good.” I said quietly. I don’t think I’d seen them this bummed before.
 Chloe caught my eye and raised an eyebrow. I knew what she was asking, and nodded.


“I have an idea.” She said. All eyes were trained on her. 
Chloe cleared her throat.


“We might be rookies on Warped Tour this year and new to the stage, but if you guys are desperate, we could fill in. If you wanted us to, that is.” 
The table was quiet as the band thought it over.


“I think it’s a great idea.” Jaime and Mike said at the same time.


“Are you guys sure? I mean having Warped as your first American tour is no small feat, you won’t be too tired? There isn’t much time to prepare either. But you know, if you’re sure you want to.” Tony asked, looking hopeful.

"Of course."

"And Bo, you're obviously not well. Do you think this is a good idea?" Vic eyed me cautiously.

"Yes! I'm sure." I said back forcefully.

"Why are so adamant about doing this tour, regardless of your health?" Mike asked.


“Because we’re here for a good time, not a long time. We’re going to do anything and everything we can, when we get the chance.” I said simply.


“Shit. That was deep.” Tony commented. I shrugged.


“It’s true.” Chloe said.


“Well, if you guys are sure.. we should call Kevin and tell him the good news. Means we won’t have to cancel the tour!” Mike practically leapt out of his seat. Vic rolled his eyes.


“Let me make sure it’s okay with the others first, alright?” I stood, trying to get some feeling back into my legs. 
Mike nodded as I walked over to where Jeremy and Sam were sitting.


“Dudes, got some news. We have the chance to open for Pierce The Veil on their new tour that starts in two weeks. Up for it?” I pointed back to where they were sitting, noticing Jaime’s eyes on me.
Jeremy nearly choked on his drink.


“They want us?” He spluttered.


“Sort of. Their original band cancelled this morning and Chloe volunteered us.”


“Fuck yes!” Sam yelled, Jeremy nodding enthusiastically.


“Sweet, it’s a done deal then.” Smiling, I made my way back to our table. A few steps later, a dizzy spell took hold and I had to steady myself on the table’s edge.


“I don’t know if you should perform today Bo, you look even worse now than before.” Chloe’s voice came from above me as my head was resting on the table. I waved away her concerns as we returned to PTV's table.

“I’m good, we only have two shows left. I’ll be right.”


“I thought you said you were going to the doctor’s today?” Jaime asked from down the table.


“Change of plans. I’ll go once Warped is over.” I lifted my head and weakly grinned at everyone, their concerned faces all concentrating on me.


“Bo, you can hardly walk on your own. The fans will understand if you call it off.” Jaime said quietly.
“Guys. Wobbly legs and lack of sleep aren’t going to stop me from finishing this tour. Trust me, I’ll be fine. Just run down.”


“And you want to do it all again in two weeks time.” Chloe rolled her eyes.


“Hey, your idea.” I countered. “Still, a lot can happen in two weeks.”

The table was silent.


“Come on Chloe, I uh, need your help with something.” I stood, offering her my hand. She looked puzzled for a sec, then caught on.


“Sure, coming. Bye guys!” We both waved goodbye, heading off into the direction of our buses.


“We have half an hour, before we need to be on stage so I thought we could practice a little. You know, for tomorrow?” Despite my extreme exhaustion and dizziness, I mustered a smile.


“Good idea.” The rest of the walk was in silence, the two of us contemplating how it would all go down tomorrow.

“You know, you never told me what was up with you wearing Jaime’s shirt yesterday. And last night, for that matter.” Chloe said.
I blushed.

Oh.

“Well. By the time I woke up and got back to the bus, it was locked and Jaime was there so he said I could borrow one of his shirts to go on stage in. I had to borrow Vic’s jeans though, because Jaime’s way too tall.” Chloe looked away as I mentioned wearing Vic’s jeans.


“Aw, is Chloe jealous because I got into her boyfriends pants before she did?” I couldn’t help myself.


“He’s not my boyfriend! Bo, you’re so immature I swear.” Chloe laughed as she slapped my arm.


“I’m sorry, I had to.” Tears were streaming down my face as I clutched my sides from laughter.


“And last night?” Geez Chloe was stubborn when she wanted to be.


“Well I just felt like total shit and it was the first shirt I picked up so I just put it on. No big deal.” I looked away, knowing how red my cheeks would be.


“No big deal? Yeah, okay.” She said skeptically. I laughed.

~ before Ephemeral’s set ~

“Bo, good to see you’re here on time.” Tom said as I walked up to the stage. It was 11:50, ten minutes before we went on.


“Told you it wouldn’t happen again TomTom.” I grinned as he glared at me.


“I told you, don’t call me that!” The joker side of me was still there, even if my energy wasn’t. I grabbed my guitar and pulled the strap over my shoulder. My guitar was the most recognizable out of every one on the rack. Yes it was one of the only two basses there, but it was also black with an electric blue outline. Unmistakable. My other bass was a plain black and white, nothing too fancy.


“How are you feeling anyway?” Tom asked, handing me a pile of guitar picks. They were blue too, with gold detail. 


“I’m alright. Just run down, is all.” I said casually as I strummed a little. At least, that’s what I kept telling myself.


“Right, you guys ready?” Jeremy came down the stairs, his guitar slung across his back.

“Let’s go.” I said, walking up the stairs and out on stage.

The sunlight blinded me as I stepped out onto the stage. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in sight. My fingers began strumming automatically as we launched into the first song of our set. As the day went on, it warmed up a little. Not so much that I’d need to take my hoodie off, but enough to take the chill out of the air.

The set went off without any issues. My body held out on me, letting me make it through the set without passing out. As we all got off stage, I started to think that maybe it just was me being a little run down, and that I was getting better.
 We rounded the corner of the stage to see Vic and Jaime leaning against the fence, talking. They were just about inseparable, that pair.
 Jaime smiled as we walked over.


“Hey. Nice job today guys.” He said.
“Thanks! Stoked for the show tomorrow, should be epic, considering its the last one. We have a bit of surprise for everyone, if you guys want to come down and watch us perform one last time?” Jeremy said. I knew what he was doing. He was making sure they would be their to see our prank in action.


“Bring Tony and Mike too, it’ll affect them as well.” Sam chimed in.

“Sounds interesting.” Vic said.
 The entire time, Jaime hadn’t taken his eyes off me. Those beautiful brown eyes. His smile suddenly turned to a look of worry.


“Shit. Bo, you’re bleeding.” I wiped my hand across my face and sure enough, my nose was bleeding. Quite a lot, actually. There was nothing I could do as I stared at my now bloodied hand, watching as everything in front of me went from colour to black. My knees buckled beneath me and I crashed to the ground, staying conscious enough only to hear Jaime yell

“Get a paramedic!”.


Then everything disappeared. 

♠ ♠ ♠
Yay interesting ish chapter. I love anyone who is still reading, so please don't be a silent reader! Would mean the world if you could just comment or subscribe or something, I welcome any feedback or suggestions :)

WHATS GONNA HAPPEN OOOOOH

Title Credit: Mayday Parade