Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

It's Getting Hot In Here

~ Time lapse: One Day ~

[Jaime]

“Geez you guys set up fast!” Vic commented to Chloe as we stood in front of the stage, chatting. It was mid afternoon, and we were setting up for the first show of the tour. Everyone had slept in until lunch time, tired from our night out.


“Yeah, we don’t have a lot of equipment and we know exactly how we like it to be set up, so we’re pretty quick I guess.” Chloe said with a small laugh.


“If it were us setting up right now, we’d still be dragging our shit on stage.” I looked over to Vic and we both laughed, our habit of taking forever to set up was something we were known for.


“It’s pretty good though, means we have more time to hang out before the show. Speaking of which..” She trailed off and looked around. 
“Seen Bo anywhere?” 


“Last time I saw her she was outside, on the phone I think.” I replied, thinking. Just at that exact moment, Bo walked on stage.


“Jeremy, Sam! Get your asses over here.” She hollered, jumping down and walking over to join us. I couldn’t help the grin spreading across my face.


“Hey there.” I said softly as she rested her head on my shoulder.


“Hey hey.” came her reply. Her little episode at Warped Tour was a bit over three weeks ago now and it looked like she still hadn’t recovered. Exhaustion was written all over her face.


“What’s up?” Jeremy said, Sam arriving shortly after. Bo cleared her throat and stood up straight.


“I just got off the phone with Rock Sound magazine and they want to do an interview in about twenty minutes with all of us, Pierce the Veil too.”


“Holy shit, that’s amazing! It’ll be our first big interview in the states, too.” Jeremy was beaming.

“Congrats you guys!” Vic and I said at the same time.


“I’m pretty sure it’s one of those ‘Best and Worst’ interviews too, so it should be a laugh.” Bo ran a hand through her hair and sighed, not seeming excited about the interview at all.


“Anyway, we’ve got some time so I’m doing a Starbucks run, anyone want anything?”

“Coffee would go down really nice right about now, good idea.” Vic mused, Jeremy and Sam nodding enthusiastically.


“Everyone good for cappuccinos?” Bo asked, pulling out her phone and jotting down what everyone wanted.


“I’ll get a hot chocolate I think.” I chimed in.


“Alright, it’s only around the corner so I’ll be back in ten minutes. Catch you guys then.” 
Bo turned on her heel and started walking towards the door.


“Hey!” I called out, jogging after her. I grabbed her arm gently and turned her to face me.


“Are you alright? You don’t seem too good.” Even I could hear the concern in my voice. She managed a weak smile in response.


“Yeah, just have a lot on my mind, from yesterday you know? I’m fine, really.” I eyed her suspiciously, knowing that she was hiding something from me, though for the life of my I couldn’t fathom what since she let loose yesterday morning about her past.


“Well, okay. But you have to promise me that if you need to talk you’ll come straight to me, yeah?”
Bo nodded. “Pinky promise.”


She laughed. I loved to see her laughing, her smile could light up a whole room all on its own.


“Come on, how old are we Jaime? Five?” Nevertheless, she held out her pinky. I beamed, electricity shooting through my hand the instant we touched.


“That’s more like it. Want some company?” Part of me was hoping she’d say yes so we could have some time alone. Actually, all of me wanted her to say yes.


“Nah it’s okay, thanks for the offer though.” This time her smile was warm, reaching all the way up to her bright blue eyes. She opened the door and soon disappeared around the corner. Sighing to myself, I walked back to where everyone was standing. I’d barely taken two steps when I saw Chloe and Vic holding hands discreetly behind their backs, bodies pressed together. I raised my eyebrows and reminded myself to tease Vic about that later.


True to her word, Bo returned about fifteen minutes later carrying an enormous tray of cardboard cups.


“Caffeine hit’s here!” She called, walking up to me and putting down the goods on the stage next to me. Suddenly people came pouring in from everywhere.

“How on Earth did you manage to carry all that back here? There’s like 10 cups on that tray!” The fact she actually managed to do that amazed me.
 Handing me my mug, Bo just shrugged her shoulders and sat next to me on the edge of the stage.


“I guess I’m good with my hands.” Even though there was no sexual innuendo behind that comment, I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.


“For fucks sake Jaime! Get your mind out of the gutter you filthy pig!” Bo playfully slapped my across the back of the head, but out of the corner of my eye I could see she was smiling. Just as I was about to taking a sip of my hot chocolate I felt her breath just next to my ear, her nose brushing the side of my neck.


“If you’re lucky, you’ll find out just how good I am with these hands.” Bo whispered seductively in my ear. Suddenly I was choking on my drink, trying desperately not to squirt it out of my nose.


“What’s up with Jaime?” Mike asked, walking over and grabbing his cup.


“No idea.” Bo smiled sweetly and took another sip of her drink. The struggle soon became too much and I spat hot chocolate all over me, even managing to get some on Tony’s shoes as he had the unfortunate luck of standing next to me.


“Fuck Jaime!” Tony yelled and jumped back a meter.


“Sorry bro.” I managed to cough out.
Everyone was in hysterics, except Bo who just sat there innocently.


“I hope you weren’t planning on wearing that shirt tonight, Hime.” Vic spluttered before bursting into another fit of laughter. Glaring at him, I realized he was right. I needed a new shirt. Setting my drink down, I made a face at Bo before making my way to our dressing room in the hope of finding a clean shirt.
 The room was a total mess, it looked as though a bomb had gone off. There were clothes, sound equipment and spare furniture everywhere. I spotted one of Vic’s shirts hanging off the back of a chair and snatched it up, giving it a quick sniff to make sure it was clean. Pulling my soaked shirt over my head I heard footsteps behind me.


“Haven’t you guys laughed at me enough?” The annoyance in my voice was unmistakable.


“I don’t believe I was laughing at you at all back there.” A female voice replied, causing me to whip around. 
It was Bo, and I was standing here with no shirt on. This could get interesting, I though to myself. 
From across the room, I could see her eyes flicking up and down my half-naked body, a smirk creeping onto her face.

“To be fair, that kind of was my fault though so I came down here to apologize, but if this is the result then I’m not sorry at all.” Bo was now leaning against the wall, arms crossed and grinning.


“Enjoying the view I see?” I returned the smirk, Vic’s shirt still in my hand. A few strides later and I was standing in front of her, one arm next to her head.


“You know, I’m going to have to get you back for that.” I whispered, my face merely inches from hers.


“Well then, Preciado, I look forward to it.” she said, looking straight into my eyes. 
The moment was interrupted by someone at door, clearing their throat.


“If you guys don’t mind, the interviewer’s here. And Hime, might want to put your shirt on.” Tony’s face was red as he looked anywhere except for us, standing there awkwardly.
 Bo put both hands on my chest and pushed me away, fire spreading across my chest at the contact. She ducked under my arm and ran past Tony.
 He gave me a questioning glance, accompanied by raised eyebrows. Pulling the shirt over my head I blushed and hurried past my band mate.



“… Alright, so what we’ll do is start off with Ephemeral. We’ll get each of you sitting on the stage and we’ll ask you a bunch of questions. After that, Pierce the Veil will go. Sound good?” The interviewer was setting up his camera and explaining the plan to everyone.


“What’s the dude’s name?” I whispered, not wanting to interrupt.


“Frank, I think.” Mike replied. I nodded.
“Sam! You’re up buddy.” Frank said, motioning for him to stand in front of the camera.


---

Five minutes later, he was done and Jeremy was next. You could hear the others laughing in the background at some of the answers, even protesting indignantly at some. It was really funny to watch, Mike and I couldn’t stop laughing. 
Vic joined us just in time for Chloe to take a seat on the stage.

Hmm, nice timing there Vic.


“Okay, just answer honestly. First question! Who’s the last of their bunk in the morning?” Frank asked from behind the camera.


“Bo or Jeremy. Definitely. They both tend to stay in bed for as long as they can because they always go to bed super late, and they’re definitely not morning people. Some days they only get up after lunch.” Chloe said, staring into the camera.


“Next one; who’s last on the bus?” 
Chloe started laughing.


“Funny story about this one, it’s usually Sam because he just takes ages to do anything, but there was this one time we locked Bo inside the venue. It was last year, I think, when we were touring back home. We were all walking out the door when Bo realized she forgot something, so she ran back inside to get it. About a minute later, our tour manager walked past and locked the door and we all headed to the bus.”
 I stole a sneaky look at Bo to see her laughing as well.


“So, here we are all sitting on the bus, wondering where she is when my phone rings. So I answer it and she starts screaming ‘You little fuckers this isn’t funny!’ and we’re all like ‘What the hell?’ and she kept screaming ‘let me out’, and that’s when Jeremy remembered she was still inside. It was hilarious.” By now almost everyone had tears in their eyes from laughing.


“That’s great. Most talented in the band?” Chloe shifted in her seat.


“Hmm.. I’d have to say Bo again for this one. Not many people know but she has quite a few secret talents. You wouldn’t think it since she doesn’t look it, but yeah.” 


Secret talents hey? That sounds interesting.

Glancing over at Bo once more I saw her face go crimson as she started at her feet, arms crossed.


“Alright, we’ve only got a few more. Worst tour hygiene?” Frank asked.


“Sam, for sure. He tries to tell us that he showers when all of us are done, but when he comes out he doesn’t smell any different so yeah he’s the smelly one.” Chloe grinned as Sam just shook his head in disbelief.


“Funniest drunk?” Once again Chloe started laughing.


“Well, we’re all pretty funny when we drink. We all kind of get happy and touchy feely, but Bo’s the worst. Seeing her wasted in probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen because she’ll tell people how she feels and she’s a really happy drunk. That, and she sleeps in the funniest places, like she’s slept leaning on cupboards, on roofs..”
 That last one caused my eyebrows to raise.

“..and my favourite one was a couple of years ago when she thought a power board was her pillow and woke up with all these marks all over her face.” 
Bo had her hands over her face, her shoulders shaking with laughter.


“Sorry Bo but I had to!” Chloe called.


“Alright, lucky last. Least professional in the band?”


“I would have to say Sam for this one, because he always wants to muck around and have fun at soundcheck rather than rehearsing and he doesn’t always want to work. So yeah, sorry Sam!” Chloe grinned at him, then jumped off the stage.

“Bo, your turn.” Frank gave her a thumbs up behind the camera.

[Bo]



“Bo, your turn.” Frank gave me a thumbs up from behind the camera. I jumped up on stage and sat with my legs crossed.


“Okay. Last out of their bunk in the morning?”


“Me or Jeremy, definitely. We’re not morning people, so if someone wakes me up before I want to get up then they’re like to cop a smack over the back of the head or something like that.” I laughed. 
I noticed Jaime watching me intently from behind the camera. A faint blush crept into my cheeks and I hoped like hell the camera didn’t pick up on it.


“Most talented in the band?” Frank asked. Leaning my head to one side, I thought for a moment.


“Chloe, easily. She’s one of those people who just seems to be good at the weirdest things, like everything she’ll try she’ll be really good at and thats pretty cool, except it makes the rest of us look pretty shit sometimes.” I winked at Chloe as she was shaking her head. My hands began tapping a beat out on my leg absentmindedly.


“Biggest complainer?”


“Ooh, good one. Ah..” I trailed off and looked over to Jeremy.

“I see you looking at me mate! Jeremy even knows I’m going to say him. He’s really grumpy a lot of the time, especially if he’s hungry or tired. Jeremy will complain about just about everything, like how his bunk is too small or how his after show food is too cold and just really stupid shit like that. He knows he does it though.” I grinned, earning myself glares from the guitarist.


“Funniest drunk?”


“Ah, I’d have to agree with Chloe on this one, it’s probably me. I know in the past I’ve gotten up to a bit of mischief after a drink or two.” I grinned at winked at Jaime.


“Two more. Who’s the friendliest?”


“That’s a tough one. I’d say Jeremy, probably. I’m pretty friendly most of the time, but if you get me on a bad day I’m terrible to be around, same as the other guys. We all have our off days, but Jeremy always, literally always is friendly and happy to talk to people.” My hands paused their beat.


“Least professional in the band?”
 I looked at the roof as I thought.


“None of us are really professional, but Sam is always making trouble and whining about having to shift equipment and he always mucks up in soundcheck so I’d probably say him for this one.”


“That’s a wrap! Thanks guys, you were great. Do you want to say anything to the fans?” Frank said.


“Uh. Thanks you guys for everything, we owe everything to you, and we hope to have a new album out soon so go pick it up when it drops!” I gave the camera a thumbs up and Frank nodded.

“Alright. Pierce The Veil, we’ll start with Mike.” 
Uncrossing my legs, I jumped off stage and headed over to where the rest of my band. Jaime had walked over too, joining us.


“Sounds like drunk Bo needs to make another appearance soon. What do you guys think?” Jaime grinned at the rest of my band. I groaned as they all nodded.


“Hey, you saw me drink on Warped Tour!” I pointed out, poking him in the chest.


“Yeah, but after Vic and I lost to you guys in beer pong, I don’t remember much.” He countered.

Sneaky.

“Are you looking for an excuse to get me drunk, Preciado?” There was a smirk on my face as I crossed my arms and looked at him.


“I don’t need an excuse to get you drunk, I know you will anyway.”

That cheeky little fucker, taunting me. Even still, he was right though I wasn’t about to admit it.


“Takes a lot to get her drunk, I hope you know that.” Sam chimed in.


“She’s not a lightweight like you, Chloe.” He added, laughing.
 Jaime looked at me and raised an eyebrow.


“Do I hear a challenge in that?” he said mischievously.


“You’re on Hime Time.” I grinned at the prospect of a good night. Suddenly I remembered about forgetting to call Oscar last night.


“Shit, I forgot I was meant to call my brother last night. I’ll be right back!” Pulling my phone out of my pocket I rushed outside. I hoped he wasn’t too worried, I mean yeah I didn’t call him but I was in America. I was safe. 
I heard the phone ring a few times before Oscar picked up.


“Bo! What the fuck? You were supposed to call me last night I was worried sick! What happened?”

He shouted through the phone so loud I had to hold it away from my face for a few minutes before he calmed down.


“Calm down, Os. We went out and had a late night and I was so tired I forgot to call you, sorry. Relax, I’m fine!” I sighed as Oscar started yelling again.


“I thought something happened to you! Jesus Bo don’t scare me like that again! Fuck..” Again I held the phone away from my ear until my older brother had calmed down, again.


“I’m fine, okay? The guys aren’t going to let anything bad happen. I have to go finish setting up. Yes, I’ll call you after the show tonight. Okay. Bye, love you too.”
As much as I loved Oscar, he was really starting to annoy me with how over protective he was. Shaking my head, I returned to the stage and started to set up my amp for the show.


Sooner than expected, we were given a one hour warning until showtime. Kids were lined up out the front and the buzz had started.


“I’ll be right back.” I said to everyone, jogging out and back into the bus. I’d been wearing the same clothes all day and needed to change, desperately. Everyone else had gone earlier but I was fiddling around with my bass and forgot about it.
 Quickly enough I tugged on a pair of black skinny jeans and a Drop Dead crew neck.


-----

7pm rolled around and it was show time. All four of us were jumping around backstage, too excited to sit still. My voice was warmed up and ready, my fingers eagerly strumming away.
 We could hear the crowd chanting our name and electricity shot through me. After all these years, here we were about to kick off an American-wide tour that was going to last for four whole months and we were supporting a phenomenal band. It was crazy and scary and thrilling all at the same time. And I loved it.

Chloe was bouncing on the balls of her feet next to me, a grin plastered on her face.


“Look where we are Bo. I can’t believe it.” She breathed, looking as buzzed as I felt.


“I know. It’s insane.” I replied.
The sound guy gave us our cue and we ran out on stage.


“How you guys doing tonight?!” I shouted into my mic and the crowd went wild. There were so many people here, easily twice the size of the crowd at Warped Tour.


“Holy shit there’s so many of you guys!” Jeremy echoed from his mic.
 Even with my contacts in, I could barely see where the crowd ended.


“We decided to bring back some old stuff so we hope you guys like it. This first song is called ‘Alive In The Lights‘ and it goes out to everyone who said we couldn’t make it. Let’s go!” I shouted, my fingers already dancing across the frets of my guitar.

♠ ♠ ♠
Woooo things are starting to heat up ;) ;)

Hope you guys are still enjoying this, I think I'm doing loads better at updating more regularly.

Enjoy! (sorry in advance for the tacky title but it was the only one that worked haha)

Much love x

Title Credit: Nelly