Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

You're On The Verge Of Something Beautiful

[Jaime]

Bo and I were left sitting at one of the outdoor tables of the catering tent, covered in darkness but swamped in awkward silence. That was how we stayed for a while, neither of us breaking the silence or going to leave. 
Finally, I brought myself to ask the one question that had been bothering me for a while now.


“Can I ask you something?” Crossing my arms, I sat back and looked at her.


“You just did, but sure.” Her response was neither friendly nor menacing, making it hard for me to gauge what frame of mind she was in.


“Do you have a problem with me?” Ever since we met, she would always make sarcastic comments or remarks, and although she was never openly hostile, neither was she openly friendly. When we were out in groups, she was fine and never seemed to address me directly, though her eyes followed me constantly. I knew, because mine were always following her.


“No. Why would you say that?” She didn’t seem phased by the question, shifting a little in her seat and leaning her head on her hand.
 When I explained why, Bo laughed a little.


“Don’t take it personally, I’m not a people person. I’m like that with everyone.”


“Sure picked a hell of a lifestyle for it then.” I huffed.


That reason has to be bull. I mean who can be the lead singer of a popular band and not be a people person? I smell bullshit, for sure.


“Fans are different, you don’t have to say much at all before they flip out.” She pointed out, and at that her point was a valid one. 
I sat and looked at her for awhile longer.


“I don’t buy it.” She frowned at me. If was going to follow my instincts and try to get to know her, then I had to know why she always looked pissed off.


“Excuse me?”
“I don’t buy it, that you’re not a people person. I’ve seen you around groups of people, you like making people laugh. So, I’ll ask again. Why do you always brush people off all the time?”


Bo huffed and rubbed a hand over her face.


“Why do you want to know so bad?” She shot back.
 I shook my head and pointed at her.


“You first.”


Bo rolled her eyes for what seemed like the millionth time.


“You won’t drop this, will you?” The look on my face must have been answer enough. “Fine. I’m an ass to everyone because I’m terrible at making friends. They always leave sooner or later, so I don’t see why I should bother in the first place. Happy?”


That was definitely not the answer I was expecting, and it caught me off guard. Clearly this was something personal, something that had touched a nerve. It was killing me not to know what, but I’d pried enough tonight.


“No, because I’m not going anywhere.” 
I was met with silence, her blue eyes searching mine for something. For what, I didn’t know.


“Your turn.” Bo crossed her arms and stared at me.
 Shrugging, I gave the most casual answer I could.


“I just wanted to know why, that’s all.”


“I smell bullshit. You’re more than just curious, don’t think I don’t notice how you stare at me all the time.”
 Woah. Something else that caught me off guard. When I didn’t reply, Bo just grinned.


“Knew it. So, what is it? Why do you care if I don’t make any friends?”
 I suppose if she was honest with me, then maybe I should be honest with her.


“Do you ever get a really strong feeling that you should do something? Like it doesn’t make sense, but in your gut you know that you should do it?”


Silence.


Then,


“Yeah.”


“Well, that’s how I feel about you, I feel like I’m drawn to you and I’m meant to be your friend for some reason.”
For sure she was going to laugh at me.
Any moment now.
Wait for it.
Since I was now staring at my hands, I couldn’t read her face.



“After I’ve been a smartass to you all week and just told you I’m terrible at making friends, you still want to be my friend? Even though we’ll probably hardly see each other after the tour?”


Instead of the jeer I’d been expecting to hear, Bo’s voice was soft and curious.


“Guess so.” I mumbled, looking up to see a look of wonder on her face.


“Okay then.” What?


“Huh?” Damn, even I’d kill to see my facial expression right now.


“I said okay, Jaime.”


This was unexpected. I mean I hadn’t expected much, but this side of Bo that wasn’t a sarcastic smartass all the time was kind of cute.


“So, now what?” She asked. When I gave her a blank look in return, she shrugged.
“I told you, no good at the ‘making friends’ bull.”


“I’m starting to think you have about as much social grace as Mike.” I joked, earning a frown from her.


“Don’t make me be a smartass to you again, Preciado.” I laughed and she smiled. Gosh it was such a beautiful sight, even being such a small smile. My heart skipped a beat before I caught myself.


“Come on, let’s head back to the buses.”

I stood up, grabbing both of our plates and binning them before we headed back.
The short walk back was filled with idle chatter, talking about which bands we were happy to see there, and the ones we wished had have been able to come on tour.
 It was nice to actually have a conversation with her, rather than feel like I was talking to a brick wall. Bo had opened up a little bit more to me tonight and I really liked what I saw.
 We parted ways when we reached the parking lot, waving goodbye with smiles on our faces.

♠ ♠ ♠
TRIPLE UPDATE YAY

There's two or three more filler chapters coming that aren't too bad but then things get interesting okay I'm so excited I was in such a good mood I had to post three chapters tonight
The next update will also be a double update because I'm impatient haha

What does everyone think so far? Thank you to my lovely subscribers I love all four of you so much it makes me happy seeing people actually like what I post, any feedback is welcome :)

Title Credit: Masketta Fall