Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Wake Up Call

~ Time Lapse: The Next Morning ~

[Bo]


I woke the next morning from another nightmare fueled sleep. They’d started up again without warning, despite me being nightmare free for a couple of months. I lay in my bunk, breathing heavily and staring at the roof, trying and failing to calm my racing heart.


A knock on the door sounded and when no one got up to get it, I reluctantly rolled out of my bed and trudged down the bus. Opening the door, I was temporarily blinded by sunlight. When I regained my vision, a familiar spiky head that resembled a hedgehog was grinning at me.


“Good morning!” Jaime smiled and I grunted at his cheerfulness, letting him on the bus.


“Are you lot still asleep?” He asked, flopping down onto the couch.


“Yeah, its taken a lot longer than we thought to get over the jet lag, time difference and all that crap.” I mumbled, putting the kettle on.


“That would suck.” He looked at me sympathetically, shaking his head when I offered him a hot drink.


“And what would you be doing here so early?” I yawned, now acutely aware that I was only in pajama shorts and an old shirt. A very thin shirt at that.

Wait, why did I care?


“I thought I’d be nice and ask if you guys wanted to get some breakfast.” When he smiled up at me again, I couldn’t help but notice how cute his dimples were.

What?


Shaking my head, I turned back to the kettle and made myself a cup of tea.

What was wrong with me this morning?


“I’ll take that as a no then.” Jaime’s quiet voice interrupted my mental chastising.


“What? No, I was thinking about something else. Breakfast sounds great, I’ll wake the others.” I stuttered out, setting down my mug and making my way down the bus.

As I passed each bunk, I stuck my head in to ask if anyone else wanted to come. Jeremy accepted as the others grumbled ‘fuck off’ and went back to sleep.


When I returned to my bunk, my lazy side won over and I threw on a hoodie and slippers over my pajamas instead of actually getting changed.
 Jeremy was talking to Jaime when I came out, grabbing my mug as we got out of the bus.


“Gah.” Jeremy shielded his eyes from the bright sunlight as we made our way out into the brisk morning.


“I’m impressed you managed to wake Bo and live through it.” Jeremy joked as I sipped my tea. Jaime cast a confused look at me.


“I’ve been known to be prickly when people wake me.” I said meekly and Jeremy laughed.


“Prickly would be an understatement my friend.” I was so tempted to launch my hot tea all over him in that moment.


“Guess I’m just special.” Jaime winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is another double update for two reasons. 1, this chapter is short and sucky, and 2 I'm really impatient to get the good stuff out. If I get a really good response tonight with a lot of readers and some comments, then I'll make it into a triple update.

I know I said that roughly every two weeks I should be updating, but I just started Year 12 (last year of school) last week and its pretty full on, but I'm still going to try my best and keep this going :)

I love every single one of you reading this, and I'm just hoping that people do like my writing

Title Credit: Maroon 5