Status: another working progress.

The Lone Adventurer

Chapter 1

She walked down the long hallway, holding her bag in front of her so it wouldn’t hit anything. She walked into her living room and opened her wooden front door. She jumped at the loud shriek it made and looked quickly back to the couch, where Paul laid, in his drunken slumber. She let out a quite sigh of relief. She walked out the door and slightly closed it; afraid it would make a loud thud and alert Paul that she was leaving. She walked down her concrete paved sidewalk, her footsteps echoing in the dark empty neighborhood. She stopped before she hit the street and turned back to her child hood home. Half of her wasn’t quite sure why she was leaving while the other was a wish for something better. She looked at the house, her house, her home for all of the eighteen years of her life.
The place, where she spoke her first word, where she lost her first tooth in, but now this house will be nothing but a memory. She was lost in her thoughts when Aaron pulled up to the end of the street. He watched her, mesmerized by her beauty. Melanie was stunning, even with her scars and bruises that Paul had given her. She didn’t need any makeup or high fashion things; she was that natural beauty that women get plastic surgery in order to have. But of course after years of hearing her mother and Paul telling her she was nothing and ugly wore her confidence down. No matter how many times Aaron told her she were pretty, she will never know it. He was walking down the sidewalk to grab her when she turned around. “You’re so loud!” she whispered loudly. He laughed.
“Come on.” He said grabbing her arm. They walked down to the car. She threw her bag into the bed of the truck and opened the door. A wide frown slowly formed on her face when she saw the empty beer cans that filled her seat. She looked to him with disappointment. “Its okay, there not mine. They’re Tom’s.” he said. She made a face of disgust as she pushed them off onto the ground. She climbed in the car, making a loud thud as her sheen hit the door. She let out a low quite moan. He looked at her. “You okay?”
“I always hit myself with that damn door!” he laughed as she gave him a death glare. He started the car and turned off her street. This is it. We are actually running away. She thought. He turned onto the highway. He pushed down on the accelerator and rushed down the near to empty road. “Go slow, we don’t need a cop pulling us over.” She hollered.
“Its fine!” he yelled back as he went faster. she clutched her seat belt. and gave a look that made Aaron slowdown. "im sorry. i just... i get carried away.".
"well could you please not get carried away while im in the car."
"hey i said i was sorry."
"Aaron, i didnt mean to come off as rude..." she began.
"Mealanie.... look youve been through alot, and im sure youre really tired. why dont you take a nap and ill wake you up when we hit the border."
"okay, but please. drive safe."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it sucks. wrote this on 3 hours of sleep.