Status: complete

Lost in Stereo

Managers, girlfriends and song writing

Jack’s POV

I could hear Zack questioning Alex in the kitchen so I got dressed as fast as I could. It’s ridiculous isn’t it. We weren’t even doing anything!

I went downstairs wearing some skinny jeans and a grey hoody. It’s my favourite hoody because Alex borrows it all the time and he smells nice. Zack was leaning on the fridge and Alex was sat on the counter. Zack looked a bit pale and his eyes were red.

“Are you alright Zack?” I asked- concerned.
“Yeah I’m fine but I just had a really stressful meeting with Flysik”
“What about?”
“Flysik told me that he doesn’t want me to write much of the songs anymore. He wants it more like it was with our first album. He said that he doesn’t think my writing is up to scratch I guess.”
“Noway your writing is what makes us different from the other bands- we’ve been through varying degrees of shit, but it sounds best when all our shit is piled together” Alex explained entirely correctly.
“Thanks but I think I’ve gotta just do what he says.”
“But this is us- we’re not like the others. That’s what makes us- us. The fans like to be able to have someone who understands what they have to go through.” I said. I hated it when fans didn’t like Zack. I have discovered that I actually can’t stand it, when our own manager doesn’t like Zack. You know, one time Zack was about to hug a fan but she said ‘no I want to hug Alex and walked over to Alex, Alex then said ‘sorry but I want to hug Zack’. Alex is incredible.

My phone started to ring and I excused myself and answered.

“Hello?”
“Hi Jack it’s me Chelsea, I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up in the Virgin Isles for a boat trip this Saturday?”
“Err yeah probably I’ll just have to check with Flysik and the boys”
“Ok great!” I could hear her smile through the phone- she’s really sweet.
“I’ve gotta go love, Zack’s having a bit of personal trouble”
“Bye, just let me know about Saturday, love you!”
“Yeah will do, you too, bye”

I headed back to where Zack and Alex were.

“Hey boys have we got anything on on Saturday? It’s just that Chelsea asked me to go on a boat trip with her”
“Don’t think so Jacky. We do have an interview on Sunday though.”
“Alright cool.”
“Any idea where Rian is?” Zack asked. I suppose he wanted some of Rian’s advice. Rian’s like our dad he helps us out with everything.

Then I went upstairs to figure out what I’m going to wear on Saturday and find something I can buy her.

Alex’s POV

it’s Saturday today, i woke up later than usual and found some breakfast waiting for me with a note saying ‘Afternoon Lex! Didn’t want to wake you- you looked shattered! Made you some breakfast- if you want it warmer stick it in the microwave for a few minutes. Gone for my date with Chelsea- see you tonight! – Jack xxx’. he’s cute. and he makes good food. i’ve been thinking about this whole chelsea hopkins thing- i’m kind of worried. what if they break up and she writes a song about him? she’s done that to all of her other boyfriends. it’s gonna kill Jack. he’s still just a lad and he’s not used to being THIS popular with the women. i mean, i’ve said it before- he is very attractive so who wouldn’t want to date him? but Chelsea? i just don’t know.

it got to around 4pm and i hadn’t done much since i got up so i went round to Zack’s. we talked for a bit and we decided we were going to prove Flysik wrong. Zack and i were going to write a kickass song. hopefully.

then Rian came to Zack’s asking if either of us wanted to join him for a jog. Zack said he would go if they could go to mcdonalds afterwards (Rian agreed) and i said no because i much prefer soccer to running. there’s just no aim in running. no motivation. i asked to borrow Zack’s guitar for our little project so i took it back to my apartment and started messing about.

i came up with this line. i’m really proud of it. it’s like this:

your smile is like ecstasy, the more i see it, the further i’m gone.

i like it because it kind of means that his smile makes me feel so good (a very generous adjective) but everytime i see it, it takes me away, somewhere completely different. a whole new dictionary of feelings. but they aren’t a dictionary. they’re in such a mess you can’t even tell the b’s from the p’s. wait. wait. wait. i just said- ‘his smile’. ok it must’ve been a typo. who would i have been referring to? no one. i am straight. and so is he. wait. WHO IS THIS ‘HE’ THAT KEEPS ESCAPING MY LIPS?

later on after Zack and Rian were back and showered i went to Zack’s and showed him the line. he really liked it and he, almost instantly, came up with another. he also cut mine down a bit. you can tell he’s good at this. we got a couple more so we have a chorus. now it goes;

your smile is ecstasy; the more i see, the further i’m out
when i’m close to you my heart starts to fly

something in the way you say my name
it’s in the way I look at you too
i’m tired of this dumb little game
can’t you feel my pain? i know you do.

then i went home to find that my phone had three missed calls and seven texts from Jack…

Jack’s POV

“Wait so where are you going Jack? You like, just got here!” Wow she looks amazing today.
“I won’t be long, promise! I just want to get us some drink for our trip”.
“Okay, see you soon babe” She smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

I walked away from our boat into the nearby town. I was texting Oli about the upcoming warped tour! So I was a little bit distracted and I walked into a really tall bulky man who was bald. He must’ve been around 35 years old.

“Oh I’m sorry!”
“Watch where you’re going! Wait you look familiar..?”
“Yeah sorry. You might’ve heard me and my band on the radio or something?”
“Aren’t you Jack Barakat?”
“Yeah I am”
“Oh it’s great to meet you! I’m a huge fan” Damn right he was. Must’ve been about 7 foot!
“Oh ok, do you want me to uhh like, buy you a beer or something?”
“No no, but I wouldn’t mind going for a drink with you though!”
“Yeah sure, do you know a good bar around here?” I seriously forgot about Chelsea. This guy, his name was Charlie, lead me to a bar. It was full of men so I figured it must’ve been a strip club but the girls were on a break.

My memory is a blur- I don’t have a clue what happened. I just know I’ve got a pounding headache and I don’t think I should drive. I think it was around 4 or 5 in the evening that I arrived back at the boat. Chelsea was stood waiting. She didn’t look too pleased. Fuck it, shit happens.

“Hiya”
“Don’t ‘Hiya’ me. Where the hell did you go?”
“I really can’t remember a thing.”
“Yeah right. I bet you were running around with girls. You dick!”
“Woah, so I got a bit drunk, I swear I wasn’t with other girls. Why would I choose other girls over someone as beautiful as you?”
“You’re unbelievable!” She was crying as she stormed off. I think she’s too emotional. Then my phone started to ring; it was Alex.

“Hello? Jack? Are you ok?!”
“Hi Alex, what’s up?”
“Well, I’ve got 3 missed calls from you and 7 texts..?”
“What really?”
“Yeah, is everything going ok with Chelsea?”
“Well not really, she’s being over-emotional. I kind of left her, got drunk and sort of err- forgot about her… but it wasn’t my fault- I was really drunk.”
“oh, are you ok about it though?”
“Yeah I’m fine, plenty of other fish in the sea hey!”
“haha yeah man. These texts are really weird you know. You must’ve been totally pissed.”
“What do they say?”
“Umm one says ‘ALEX GASKARTH I FUCKING LOVE YOU PLEASE SCREW ME’…”
“Oh err, sorry about that ahha”
“No worries bro, I was just a bit confused haha.”
“Yeah. Well I’m going to see if I can find my way home. My head is still pounding.”
“Do you want me to come pick you up?”
“Would you?”
“Sure, I’ll be there as fast as I can”
“Love you Lex”
“Love you too Jack”

I was waiting for a while and I couldn’t stop thinking about that text. What would it be like to be screwing Alex? Probably amazing. Wait what? Alex’s a guy. I’m a guy. I can’t think like that! I’m straight. This is not helping the headache.