Status: complete

Lost in Stereo

Wouldn't it be nice to have a good morning, and to think about Jalex?

Alex’s POV

in the car on the way to pick up Jack i was listening to my ipod on shuffle and a song i love but haven’t heard in ages came on. it was called ‘wouldn’t it be nice’ by the beach boys. i parked up and walked over to where i could see Jack. i was still whistling to the song.

Jack: hey Lex, thanks for coming.
me: no worries, so you’re alright about Chelsea? prepared to be her next hit single?
Jack: mhhmmm, joy. i can’t wait. it’s difficult to contain my excitement.
me: hahaha, where did you even go?!
Jack: man i don’t even know. i remember going in to town to get some booze for me and Chelsea but then i don’t know what happened. i seem to remember meeting someone called charlie though. i guess we’ll find out in tomorrow’s paper.

we got into my car and Jack fell asleep almost instantly. it didn’t matter, i had the music. we pulled into the driveway and i woke up Jack.

me: hey jacky, we’re home now
Jack: yep cool, great playlist by the way.

he seemed very energetic- but wait, he heard the music- so, he was awake??? what? that doesn’t even make sense why would he need to pretend to be sleeping? anyway he bounded into the house and when i followed he grabbed my ipod from my had and put it into the speaker. he upped the volume and we spent a good few hours messing around in our apartment listening to my incredible music.

the song ‘all day and all of the night’ by the kinks came on and that was the most fun to dance around to; sadly straight after that came the song ‘lisa baby’ by walk the moon. i used to play that to lisa whenever we were alone at one of our houses or something. the thing is, i wasn’t sad about lisa, i was sad about not doing any of the things we did. the sitting on the floor in the park, the long walks through towns we’ve never seen before, the brief 5 minutes we get when we cross paths at an airport. i want the love back, but not necessarily lisa. i did love her. she meant a hell of a lot to me, but i think i’ve accepted that we’re over and we’ll both find other people. it’s just the way it goes.

Jack’s POV

I want to feel bad for Alex, he didn’t do anything wrong to Lisa. Alex is like a brother, so I know that when things like this happen, I should be there for him but I don’t really know what I’m feeling. I don’t want to sound like a jerk but I’m sort of happy that I’m not with Chelsea and that Alex isn’t with Lisa. I don’t even think it’s sexual but I just think our ‘bromance’ is better when neither of us have girls to deal with. I know I am being hypocritical because I did used to bring home a different girl every Friday but hey- people change.

Anyway so it’s Sunday, my hangover isn’t that bad, which is good because we’ve got an interview in 40 minutes. Flysik is picking us up in 15 and Alex still isn’t up yet. I’m going to go and knock on his door AGAIN.

“Lex? Can I come in?”
“mmmmhhmmmmm” he mumbled. I didn’t really know what that meant but I took it as a yes.

Poor guy, lying in bed with a hard on.

“Right come on Alex, you have to get up, we have to leave in 15 minutes.”
“mmmmm” he moaned, almost as if he was in pain. He was really sweaty too. This has happened before, to me as well actually, so I step up to my duties as best mate, and help him into the shower. Not that it’s exactly hard for me, he’s hot. Wait no, I can’t think like that!

Anyway so I washed his hair for him, he did his body and when he got out I passed him a towel. He had woken up a bit now, his hard on had gone and I was fixing him up an outfit for the day. I chose his denim skinny jeans and his Oasis shirt. As for shoes, I told him to go for the doc martens.

“Man what took you guys so long?” questioned Zack through his mouthful of pancake.
“Alex was just really tired”
“Have you eaten yet?” asked Rian. I don’t know why but the guys always gathered in our apartment.
“Yeah I have but I don’t think you have, have you Alex?”
“Nah not yet, I’ll just take an apple into the car”.
“Everybody ready to go?” Flysik’s deep voice joined our conversation. We all replied with variations of yes and we hopped into the car. I was next to Rian and across from Alex.

Alex’s POV

Interviewer: Hello boys! Great to have you here! My name is Lucy! So tell me, how are you enjoying your lives as international idols?!
Jack: Yeah we’re having a great time, it’s just amazing to think how our lives have changed. It’s something we only ever used to dream about.
Zack: Absolutely, this doesn’t happen to people from Baltimore.
Interviewer: Awww, well we’re very proud to think you were just 4 high school boys who I guess just got really lucky when they found Mr Flysik! Is he a good manager for you guys?
Rian: Yes definitely, we owe him the most infinite thank you and we think that he always tries to do what’s right for us. When we’re a little older we reckon he’ll give us a little more freedom in terms of our shows and all that but he has kept it to what we like. Like, these are the sort of clothes we used to wear, but maybe just a bit more expensive!
Interviewer: Awww isn’t that cute!
me: actually, Zack and i have been working on a project, it’s a secret right now, the boys don’t even know about it, it’s sort of based on the whole, Let Zack Write campaign that some fans obsess about. anyway that’s all i’ll say for now!
Interviewer: Oh you boys really do know how to keep your fans on edge! Anyway, let’s get this last question from me over with! Jalex. Do you guys ship it?
Jack: Well, I’m not too sure what you mean by ship but I guess it’s something along the lines of whether we support it or not- me and Alex are just really good mates and we’re like brothers to each other. I wouldn’t say it makes our friendship awkward when people label us as Jalex because that can just be an amazing friendship or bromance as opposed to romance.
Interviewer: What about all those ‘Jalex moments’?
me: to be honest i think people read too much into them. it’s just friends being friends.
Rian: Yeah because all over tumblr there are GIFS of them like, accidentally brushing hands. What’s that even about? It happens all the time to everybody.
Interviewer: Great well, I think your fans just want to let you guys, all of you, know that if you are homosexual, we are here for you!

when she said that line i just thought- yes because the first thing i’d be concerned about after coming out of the closet is what other people think. this interviewer clearly doesn’t get the ideas behind our music.

anyway that was the main part of the interview, we left and got lead to an incredibly intense meeting with Flysik about how ‘we can’t just pull shit like that’ and ‘what the hell? we can’t do a project without his permission!’ so Zack tried explaining that he’s in the band for a reason and he has just the same rights as the rest of us in terms of writing. i backed him up because it’s true and Flysik does the same thing to me sometimes. i told Flysik that we’re here because we’re passionate about music, so if we want to do a project and we don’t ask for any funding from you, it’s not against anything in our contract. then we left without another word. i’ll be paying for that one in the near future.

anyway i got home and Jack and I started reading on the couch.

Jack: Lex can you read to me?
me: yeah sure. what are you reading?
Jack: 50 shades of grey
me: you’ve got to be joking me.
Jack: nope, but i’m finding it boring so can you make it funny?
me: what do you mean?
Jack: what do you think i mean?

i sighed and began reading from where he told me he got to. this had to be the scene Jack stopped at. it’s way too old for anyone reading this. it’s way too old for Jack- he’s only 19! part way through the chapter i stopped.

me: jacky why are you reading this?
Jack: i don’t know
me: so can i stop now?
Jack: but you make it interesting
me: how?
Jack: the way you talk- it’s sexy
me: jack that’s my normal voice
Jack: oh. ok never mind.

and he grabbed the book and bolted upstairs.