Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 10

Karen sat up in the hospital bed gasping. Panting and swearing she got up making her way to the bathroom. She walked to the sink turning on the faucet and splashing her face.

"It was just a dream." She told herself going back to her bed.

But it was so real. As age settled back in her bed she thought about the dream.

Her and Abby were running and laughing through a field like they were little kids. They both fell in the grass laughing and happy. Then Abby looked up and her face looked horrified.

Karen looked up to see the same black dog that had attacked her. But he wasn't alone. Standing next to him was a figure that she couldn't make out. She could tell it was male bit she couldn't tell who it was.

The figure leaned down saying something to the dog then nodded. The dog nodded then looked back at the two of them. Licking its lips it started running towards them.

"Run Abby!" Karen yelled grabbing her sister and running into the nearby woods.

They could hear the dog close behind. They looked around it seemed like they were running in circles. They could hear the dogs panting all around them.

They stopped running looking around for it.

"Where is it?" Abby whispered clutching her arm.

Karen brought a finger to her lips and continued to look around.

Abby gasped as the dog appeared from the woods. Karen pushed her sister behind her as it approached her.

The dogs eyes locked with her. Something about them looked familiar. But she couldn't figure it out.

"Abby run." She said giving her a push.

"Karen...

"I said run!" She yelled as the dog leaped forward.

It tackled her to the ground growling. Karen struggled against it trying to get free. It pinned her down bringing its face close to hers.

"You belong to me now." It snarled.

"I don't belong to you!" She yelled hitting it in the face with a rock.

It yelped in pain loosening its grip enough for her to scrambled out from under it. She got up running through the woods for Abby.

"Abby!" She yelled. "Where are you?"

As she ran she heard a scream.

"Abby!" She yelled running in the direction of the scream.

She got closer coming to a clearing. Her eyes were met by a terrifying sight.

The figure had Abby in his arms drinking from her neck. Karen looked in shock at her sisters dead blank face.

She screamed.

The figure looked up licking his lips dropping Abbys body. He walked towards her.

"You son of a bitch!" She yelled furious.

The figure chuckled darkly. "I believe you got me confused for him." He said gesturing behind her.

Karen turned to see the black dog behind her. She tripped on a tree root. It pounced forward its mouth open with its teeth bared.

A horrible dream. Karen thought. But what does it mean?

Karen always thought that dreams had some meaning to them no matter how bizarre they were. She stayed up but couldn't make sense of her dream.

After Abby changed into the dress she walked downstairs to find everyone sitting in the front. They all looked up with strange smiles on their faces.

Abby stood there at the end of the stairs looking at them all. Matt walked over taking her hand and leading her to a seat next to him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better now." She said.

He smiled. "Are you hungry or thirsty?"

"I guess I'm a little hungry." She said.

"Valary get her something please." Matt said.

Valary nodded getting up and going to the kitchen. She reappeared with a tray of bread and a glass of wine. She set it down on the table in front of her.

Abby reached out taking a piece of bread and nibbled on it. It tasted good she took the glass of wine tasting it. It was exquisite. She dipped her bread in eating it together.

Matt chuckled at her stroking her hair. She blushed. As she ate she looked at him.

"Can I know what's happening to me now?" She asked.

"Yes I think it's time I told you." He said. "Abby I'm a vampire."

Abby stopped eating her eyes widen. She was silent before letting out a dry laugh. However she stopped when she saw the look in his eyes.

She gasped scooting back and getting up.

"Abby please." He said grabbing her hand. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

She looked at him seeing sincerity in his eyes. She slowly sat back down.

"If your a vampire then that means...

"You're turning into one too." He finished for her.

Her eyes widen she got up shaking her head.

"I don't want this." She whispered.

"Abby you're confused and scared its understandable." He said taking her hands. "All newborn vampires are like this."

"But why?" She asked on the verge of tears. "Why did you do this too me?"

"Because I wanted you and I chose you." He said.

"Chose me for what?" She asked.

"To be my mate." He said. "I've searched for decades trying to find the one I never found her." "Until I saw you in the club that night I knew you were the one."

Abbys eyes widen as his eyes bored into her. She should've been angry or hysterical but she wasn't.

"For some reason I'm not angry at you." She whispered.

"Because you wanted this to." He said. "You feel the same way about me like I do you."

Abby looked down. "This is a lot to take in."

He nodded. "It is but you'll understand eventually."

She leaned into his touch as she stroked her cheek. She smiled slightly then she looked at the others who were watching them.

"If he's a vampire what are all of you?" She asked.

Zacky grinned. "I'm a siren."

Abby looked confused. "Aren't sirens usually...

"Female?" He said rolling his eyes. "It's so sexist there are male sirens just not many."

Abby nodded then looked at Johnny.

"I'm a incubus." He said. "You know what that is right?"

"The male counterpart of the succubus?" She asked. "Demons who seduce and kill human females in their sleep?"

He grinned and nodded. "You got it." "Jimmy is one too."

Abby looked at Jimmy and Johnny noticing how close they seemed.

"Are you two together like in a relationship?" She asked.

"Sure are." Jimmy said. "Been together for a decade now."

"That's a long time." She whispered.

"It is but it helps when both partners have an understanding with each other." Johnny said.

"And when you have a great spicy sex life." Jimmy said with a grin.

"Barf didn't what to know that." Zacky said.

Everyone laughed including Abby. She stopped then looked at Valary.

"How did you find the guys?" She asked.

"I was wandering in the woods around the club." She said. "The club had been abandoned for years then one night I saw five men approaching it looking around."

"I sensed that they weren't human and that they were supernatural like me." Valary said. "So I revealed myself to them and I've been with them ever sense."

"How come you always walk around in cat form" Abby asked.

"Cause I like being petted and people gushing over me." "Since the Egyptian Mau is a rare breed people pay me attention. ." Valary says with a smile. "Something these bastards don't do much of."

Johnny smirked. "Maybe it's because I hate cats."

Valary hissed at him making Abby giggle.

"What about Synyster what's he?" She asked looking around for him.

"You should know you saw him in one of your dreams." Matt said.

Abby looked confused then remembered the dream about the black dog. Then rememberd Karen saying she was ata med by a black dog.

She gasped at the realization. "He's a...

Matt nodded. "A werewolf."