Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 19

Valary drove for about fifteen more minutes before stopping at a dock. There was a boat that was filled with life.

"Who's throwing the party?" Karen asked as she got out the car.

"My sister Michelle." She said. "It's her birthday."

"Wish you had told us sooner." Abby said. "I feel bad I don't have a gift for her."

Valary laughed. "It's okay Abby." "Michelle's just happy if people show up." "That's a gift to her."

"Okay Val." Abby said.

"Are y'all coming?" Karen who was way ahead of them asked.

They laughed and started following her.

As they walked Abby heard a hooting noise. She looked to her right seeing a small gray owl perched on a streetlight.

Owls don't live in the city. She thought.

The owl turned its head appearing to wink at her. Then it flew down flying past her and disappearing near the top of the boat.

They arrived at the plank walking up and into the party. Coming up the party was in full blast.

People were everywhere, mutiple concession stands filled with all kinds of treats. Also a lot of liquor, balloons, and a DJ who was currently playing Party Rock Anthem.

"Your sister knows how to throw a party Val." Karen said.

Valary grinned. "You should see her Halloween and Christmas parties."

"So where's the birthday girl at?" Abby asked.

"She's around." Valary said glancing at the sky.

At that moment Abby noticed a blonde girl walking towards them. She was dressed in a black/pink corset dress. Her hair was blonde curly with her bangs down. She also wore a feather tiara on her head.

Finally she was in front of them. She looked identical to Valary.

"Val!" Michelle said hugging her sister.

"Shelley!" She exclaimed hugging her sister back.

Michelle pulled away still smiling them noticed Abby and Karen.

"Y'all must be Abby and Karen." She said.

They nodded in unison.

"Nice to meet you." She said. "I'm Michelle."

"Nice meet you too Michelle." Karen said surprised when Michelle hugged her.

"Glad to finally meet you." She said then turned to Abby. "You've already met me Abby."

"When and where?" She asked confused.

Michelle threw her head back in a laugh. "Just before you came in."

Realization crossed Abbys features.

"You're the owl." She said.

Michelle nodded. "And you're correct."

"So what are you?" Abby asked.

"I'm a shapeshifter." She said. "Can shapeshift into any animal."

"Cool." Abby said.

Michelle grinned. "Well come on join the party." "And hell yourselves to any concessions." "Whether it be the ones on the table or the ones out on the floor."

Abbys stomach dropped slightly.

She walked to the tables that was serving drinks.

"What'll you have?" The guy whos eyes changed briefly to fox form asked her.

"Doesn't matter." She said.

He fixed her drink while she watched the partiers.

It's an all you can eat buffet. She thought. They're all so oblivious and don't know they're the main course for us.

"Here's your drink sweetheart." The guy said handing it to her.

"Thank you." She said taking a swallow.

It was a mixture of fruits, vodka, and blood.

She watched as Valary danced with a guy real closely. Karen and Michelle were dancing real provacately and sexually with each other. She sighed.

"Not having fun?" The guy asked her.

"It's just I'm still new to this." She said. "I know I need to live but the thought of killing people for food repulses me."

He nodded. "Your one of the rare ones."

"Rare ones?" She asked confused.

"You're one of the ones who even when you've turned you still maintain your humanity and your conscience." He said.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I don't think it is." "Some become so wrapped up into what they've become and they enjoy the kill to the point they lose their humanity and empathy."

"Without empathy and compassion you're nothing." He said.

Abby smiled. "Thanks...

"Ashton." He said. "And you're welcome Abby."

"How'd you know my name?" She asked.

He chuckled. "Shapeshifter remember?" "Can hear from a distance."

She laughed. "I forget sometimes about our abilities."

He laughed along with her.

"Ashton do they do something with those who still have compassion?" She asked.

"The cold ones are those who kill and don't care about it." He said. "They're like your friend Valary and her sister over there." He said glancing at her.

"Usually they'll give you time to adjust to what you've become." He said. "But after a while if you still feel guilt over killing and such they don't see any use for you." "They do away with you."

"Do away with us?" She stammered out.

He nodded.

"What can I do then?" She asked.

"Just be careful and learn to block them from reading your thoughts." He said.

"I can do that?" She asked.

He nodded. "It's a really tricky process but it can be done." "I managed to do it."

"Can you teach me?" She asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He said. "Besides who's your creator?"

"Shadows he owns the club Waking the Fallen." She said.

Ashtons eyes widen slightly.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Abby be real careful around him." Ashton said. "He has bad intentions."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Before he could answer Valary came over.

"Abby what are you doing?" She asked.

"Just talking to Ashton." She said.

Valary glanced at him her eyes flaring with anger.

"You should be out dancing not conversing with the staff." She said pulling Abby on the dancefloor.

"See you Ashton" She said glancing back at him.

"You too Abby and remember what I said." He said loud enough for her ears to catch it.