Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 2

Abby woke up to the smell of bacon frying. Yawning and rubbing her eyes she got up pulling the curtains back. It was a bright sunny day.

She walked to the kitchen to find Karen making breakfast.

"Morning Kar." She said going to the fridge for some juice.

"Morning little sis." She said with a bright smile. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"So what's the plans for today?" Abby asked sitting at the table.

"I was thinking we could go get some groceries then later on we could check out the beach then the boardwalk for jobs." She says sitting a plate of bacon and eggs in front of Abby.

"Sounds good to me." Abby said as she began eating.

Karen grinned and sat down with her plate.

Grace came over rubbing her nose against Abbys leg. She started whining for a piece of bacon.

"Grace you know you can't eat human food." Abby said with a laugh.

The bloodhound sat back giving her the big eyes and another whine.

Abby laughed holding out a piece of bacon which Grace quickly gobbled up.

"We need to get some food for Grace too." Karen said.

Abby nodded as she finished eating.

After washing her plate she went to the bathroom for a shower. After showering she dressed in a simple tank top and denim shorts. Then put her hair in a ponytail.

She walked out front to find no sign of Karen. She went to her room finding her putting on some eyeliner.

"Are you done?" Abby asked.

"Almost." She said putting some lip gloss on.

"Karen all we're doing is going to the store and the beach." Abby said.

"I know but I want to look good." She said. "I might meet someone."

Abby rolled her eyes and grabbed the keys walking to the car with Karen close behind.

After getting in Karen started the car, backed out the driveway, then drove to the nearest Super 1.

They finally got to the store getting out they approached the door. As she walked in Abby noticed the front windows were littered with posters and pictures of missing people.

She quickly looked at the dates. Most of them went missing last summer. Some went missing four years ago.

"Abby you coming?" Karen asked.

"Yeah." She said taking another glance before going inside.

They walked down the cereal aisle where Abby grabbed a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a box of Recees Puff Cereal. Then they walked down the dog food aisle. Grabbing cans and a bag of Gravy Train.

"I'm going to get some milk." Karen said. "You go get some pancake batter."

"Okay." Abby said as they separated.

As Karen grabbed a jug of milk she got a feeling she was being watched. She looked down the aisle seeing a guy with spiked hair and sunglasses on.

Who the hell wears sunglasses indoors? She thought.

Seeing that she was the only person down that aisle she knew he was looking at her. Grabbing the grocery cart she walked away giving the guy another glance.

She found Abby down the candy aisle looking at all the choices.

Karen laughed. "Still like a little kid in the candy store."

Abby smiled grabbing two big bags of mixed chocolate candies. After they finished the shopping they payed for their groceries before loading it up then headed for home.

After unpacking and putting away their groceries they fed Grace. Then ate a dinner of tacos.

"Ready to go to the boardwalk?" Karen asked.

Abby nodded getting up and getting her purse. They drove to the boardwalk which took fifteen minutes.

They arrived to find it alive with life. Getting out they scanned the boardwalk. The sidewalk was crowded with people and the stores were loaded too with all the summer vacationers.

Some were buying bikinis and swimming clothes. Guy were running by with surfboards.

"This looks like fun." Abby said as they walked along.

Karen nodded looking at the stores and stopped at a bikini store. "I want a job here."

Abby followed her sister in as she approached the clerk.

"I'd like to apply for a job here." She told the woman who's name was Marcie.

"Okay first fill these out then I'll talk to you." She said handing Karen some papers.

Karen looked at the pile of papers. "This might take a while."

Abby nodded. "I'll just walk checking out the sights."

"Are you sure?" Karen asked.

Abby nodded then left the store. As she walked along she watched all the groups of friends eating and having fun. As she got closer to the pier she saw a couple making out passionately.

Will I ever know that feeling? She thought as she finally got to the pier sitting on a bench.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who wanted to be alone." A voice said.

Abby turned to see a girl about her age at the other end of the pier looking at her. The girl had black grungy looking cut hair with a nose piercing. She jumped down approaching Abby.

"I'm Charlie." She said holding her hand out.

"Abby Tanner." She said shaking her hand.

"You new here?" She asked.

Abby nodded. "Just moved here yesterday."

"How you like it so far?" Charlie asked picking at her black nails.

"It's not so bad." Abby said.

Charlie nodded. "It's not so bad for now but as the summer goes on it might be bad."

"What do you mean by that?" Abby asked confused.

"It's nothing I don't want to scare you." Charlie said looking away.

Before Abby could question her, her phone buzzed. Taking it out she saw it was Karen texting her.

"That's my sister." She said jumping down. "I guess I'll see you around then."

"Yeah if you're around that long." Charlie said.

Abby walked away confused by Charlies strange words. Abby got the feeling that Charlie was up to something. She just came across like she was hiding something.

As Abby walked closer to the bikini shop she felt like someone was watching her. She looked around seeing no one.

She got to the shop finding Karen with the biggest smile.

"Well?" Abby asked a smile forming.

"I got the job!" Karen yelled hugging her.

"That's great Karen." Abby said.

"It is and Marcie told me about this club in town." Karen said. "I want to celebrate getting a job."

"What's the club called?" Abby asked.

"Waking the Fallen." Karen said. "You're coming too right?"

Abby looked down unsure. She wasn't a club or party person.

"Please Abby." Karen said grabbing her hands.

Abby debated before sighing and looking up with a smile.

"Okay I'll go."