Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 21

Abby awoke the next morning to a pair of arms wrapped around her. Rubbing her eyes she glanced over her shoulder to find Matt shirtless.

As she looked at his sleeping face. She thought about everything that Ashton had told her the night before.

He has bad intentions.

Could it be true that Matt really had other motives for turning her other than for companionship?

Then again he wouldn't have turned you if he didn't love you. Her mind was in a spin.

"What's got you so worked up?" A voice said interrupting her thoughts.

She looked to see Matt staring at her with those penetrating intense hazel eyes.

"Nothing." She quickly said.

"Don't lie to me Abby." He said sitting up. "You can't lie to be." "We're soulmates and we're linked." "We can sense even the other is being deceptive."

She sighed. "I don't want you to be mad at me."

He smiled pulling her to him. "I could never be mad at you."

"I don't know where to start." She said.

"You don't have to." He said. "Val told me everything last night."

She looked up eyes wide. "She did?"

He nodded. "I'm not mad I just want to know why were you letting that guy fill your head with bullshit."

"I was just talking to him then he starting telling me all those things." She said.

"Abby you have to be real careful." He said. "There's some who just want to ruin this new life you have cause they can't adjust to or embrace it."

"But Matt when he was talking I sensed no deception coming off him." She said.

"That's probably cause you haven't fed in a while." He said. "When's the last time you've fed?"

"Probably bout a day ago." She said.

"That's probably why then you couldn't sense he was lying." He said. "If we haven't fed in a while our senses get jacked and fucked up."

"That may have been it then." She said looking down. "I'm sorry for believing that guy over you."

"It's okay." He said tilting her chin up and kissing her. "Now lets get you something to eat." He said after they pulled away.

They walked downstairs and down the hallway that lead to the kitchen. They entered finding everyone there.

"Morning everyone." They said as they entered.

"Morning guys." Everyone said in unison.

They walked to the table sitting down at their seats.

"How you feeling now Abby?" Valary asked coming over.

"A lot better now." She said. "Thanks for asking."

"That's good and you're welcome." Val said with a smile.

Everyone made a plate and dug in.

"Abby?" Karen asked.

"Yeah Kar?" She said looking up.

"Sorry bout scaring you and snapping at you last night." She said.

Abby smiled. "It's okay." "Animal instinct right?"

Karen laughed and nodded.

As she ate Abby sensed that Matt wanted to say something.

"What is it Matt?" She asked turning to him.

"Me well actually all of us wanted to ask y'all something." He said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"We want y'all to move in with us." Jimmy said.

Abbys and Karens eyes widen. "Really?"

They all nodded. "Now that y'all are part of the family it only makes sense for y'all to move in with us." "So what do y'all think?"

"I have to quit my job then." Karen said with a smile.

Everyone laughed then looked at Abby. She sat deep in thought about this. She had only known these people for a couple of days. Now they wanted her to move in with them? She thought about things then something came to mind.

"What about Grace?" She asked.

"Who's Grace?" Zacky asked confused.

"She's our bloodhound dog." Abby said.

She noticed and sensed everyone including Karen tense up.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Abby I'm sorry." He said. "But she can't live here with us."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Two dogs are enough in this house." Valary said laughing as Synyster snarled at her and Karen playfully smacked her.

"Normal dogs they sense things differently." Matt said. "On top of that they're some of a werecats worst enemy."

"What am I suppose to do with her then?" Abby said.

He sighed. "You'll have to leave her behind or put her in a pet shelter."

Abbys eyes widen. "I can't do that!" She yelled. "Grace is one of my best friends." "She was with my mother during her final years." "I can't just give her away like she's nothing."

"Well you can't bring her here." Matt said regretfully. "I'm sorry."

Abby sat down on the verge of tears. "Can I think about this?"

"Sure." He said.

"Abby this is an awesome thing we have now." Karen said as she drove home.

"I know Karen but we can't leave Grace." Abby said.

"I don't like it anymore then you do but you heard what Shadows said." She said as she pulled into the driveway.

They got out the car walking and entering the house. As they entered they heard the familiar sound of barking and running.

Grace came around the corner panting and ran up to Abby.

"Hey girl you missed me?" She asked as Grace licked her face.

Grace barked in response then stared at Karen. Grace bared her teeth and starting barking and growling.

Karen snarled back and Grace whimpered running into Abbys room.

"That's another reason." Karen said. "Damn dog has been barking at me ever sense I came home." She said walking to her room to begin packing.

"Shadows what if she tries to bring that dog here anyway?" Zacky asked.

"She won't." He said. "And if she does I'll make her see reason."

"You can't control her like you could the others." Valary said. "She still has a conscience, empathy, and a soul."

"Hopefully we can drained all that from her." Matt said grabbing the large book that sat in the middle if his office.

He turned the pages till he got to the page he was looking for.

"Do we really have to do it?" Johnny asked. "Abby such a sweet girl."

"Yes we have to do it." Synyster said. "It's the only way to get what we want."

Abby sat on her bed with fresh tears on her face. She hadn't packed anything and Grace sat there with her chin on her knee.

At that moment Karen entered Grace looked up growling softly.

"Abby you haven't packed yet." She said.

"I'm still thinking about how fast this is going." She said.

"This is the greatest thing to ever happen to us." Karen said snarling at Grace who ran into a corner. "Neither one of us have been like this since mom and dad died." "And this is your first love."

"I know it's just a lot to take in." She said.

"Well hurry up and think about it." Karen said hugging her then getting up. "I have to talk to Macie I'll see you when I get back."

"Okay." Abby said as she heard the door close.

Grace came back over looking at her with the big eyes.

"I'm sorry Grace I can't take you with us." She said.

Grace gave her a sad look before jumping on the bed and resting her head on Abbys shoulder. Abby sighed scratching Graces ears.

At that moment Graces ears perked up and she jumped down running to the front door. Abby got up hearing a heartbeat on the other side.

Grace was scratching at the door and barking excitedly. Abby could smell a lavender.

As she opened the door she came face to face with the person who had given her all the strange warnings.

Charlie.