Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 22

Abby stared not knowing what to say at the sight of Charlie. For some reason she was glad to see her.

"Hey Charlie." She said.

"Hey Abby." She said with a small smile.

"What brings you here?" She asked.

"I have to talk to you." Charlie said. "While your sister isn't here."

Abby gave her a confused expression.

"Why?" She asked.

Before Charlie could answer Grace jumped on Charlie.

"Grace you know better." Abby said grabbing her collar.

Charlie laughed. "Ya missed me Grace?"

Grace licked her in face in response.

"What do you mean Grace missed you?" Abby asked.

"Well someone had to feed her since y'all been gone." Charlie said.

Abbys eyes widen. "You were in our house?"

Charlie nodded.

"Why?" She asked getting mad. "That's considered trespassing."

"You have worse things to worry about then someone breaking into your house." Charlie said.

Abbys anger drained away. "What things are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about Abby." Charlie said. "Can I come in to explain it to you?"

Abby nodded opening the door wider. "Sure."

Charlie walked in and walked to the living room. Abby followed her to find her looking at pictures of her and her parents and pictures of her and Karen.

"You and your sister seem real close." Charlie said. "Me and my sister were close too."

Abby gasped in shock. "You have a sister?"

"Past tense had." Charlie said looking up.

"What happened to her?" Abby asked.

"We were so close then we were torn apart." Charlie said.

"How were y'all torn apart?" Abby asked.

"My sister Leah wasliterally torn apart." Charlie said grimly. "Her limbs were torn off and her neck was torn so badly her head was severed completely from her body."

Abby gasped and walked forward hugging Charlie.

"I'm so sorry Charlie." She said.

"It's okay." Charlie to her surprise hugged her back.

They pulled away.

"What killed your sister?" Abby asked.

"A monster." Charlie said.

"What kind of monster?" Abby asked.

"I think you already know Abby." Charlie said. "Remember when you first got here and you went to the store?"

Abby nodded confused. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Remember you said you saw all those missing persons pictures?" Charlie asked ignoring her question.

"Yeah." She said. "What about them?"

"What did all those missing persons have in common?" She asked.

"I don't know other than they all went missing during the summer." She said.

"That's not all." Charlie said. "Think about what else they had in common."

Abby thought back to when her and Karen went to the Super 1. She remembered seeing all those missing persons pictures.

She gasped as realization hit her.

"They were all female." She whispered.

Charlie nodded. "That's right."

"But Charlie what does that have to do with your sister?" She asked.

"Because she was one of the many females who became a victim of them." She said. "Now you and your sister are too."

Abbys eyes widen. "You know about the clubs owners."

Charlie nodded. "They call themselves Avenged Sevenfold." It's a biblical phrase." "And kinda ironic considering what they are."

"Charlie tell me everything you know about them." Abby said.

"Well I can't say much cause your sister will be back any minute." She said.

"How do you know that...

"Charlie are you psychic?" Abby asked.

Charlie gave a small smile. "I come from a long line of psychics and clairvoyants." "I'm only half medium but I can see future events."

"That means you saw me and my sister coming here." Abby said.

Charlie nodded. "I also saw y'all going on the boardwalk and us meeting." "And I saw y'all going to Waking the Fallen."

"That's why you gave me all those warnings." Abby said.

Charlie nodded. "Apparently it didn't do any good you're a vampire now."

"I'm not like them though Charlie." Abby said.

"I know you're not." She said. "I can sense you're not and Ashton told me."

"You know Ashton?" Abby asked surprised.

"Yes I've been trying to get people who work on the inside of the supernatural world." She said. "I encountered Ashton when I was hiking." "He was in mid transformation but he didn't try to hurt me."

"So y'all started working together?" Abby asked.

Charlie nodded. "To take down Avenged so no other women will suffer the same fate as their past victims."

"Charlie what are they up too?" Abby asked. "Ashton told me that Shadows has bad intentions."

"I don't know what specifically but it's something big and bad for the human race." She said.

"Charlie they want me and Karen to move in with them right now." Abby said.

Charlies eyes widen. "What are you going to do?"

"I feel like I have no choice." She said. "And I can't take Grace with me."

"I'll take care of Grace." Charlie said as the dog walked over. "She'll be safe with me."

"Thank you so much Charlie." Abby said with a smile.

"No prob." Charlie said returning it.

"Speaking of Grace they don't won't me to bring her because they said dogs sense differently." She said.

"That's true." Charlie said. "They say supposedly dogs have a sixth sense." "They can tell if a person is evil." "On top of that Grace is a bloodhound so she can really tell."

"Charlie why doesn't Grace growl and bark at me like she does Karen?" Abby asked.

"Because she can sense you're still good despite being a vampire." Charlie said. "Karen she's slowly becoming one of the cold ones."

Abby gasped softly. "I was afraid she was." "Last night she killed a guy at a party we were at and she didn't care."

"She's on her way to becoming one of them then." Charlie said. "But you're not."

"That's another thing Ashton said they do away with those who still have humanity." She said. "What do I do?"

"You have to try to hide/shield your thoughts from them." She said.

"Ashton told me that too but I don't know how." Abby said.

"You don't have too try." Charlie said. "Cause you can do it naturally."

"What do you mean?" Abby asked confused.

"Cause Abby I can see kinda a shield around you where I can't reach your thoughts." Charlie said. "If I can't reach them no one else can."

"That means that Shadows can't read my thoughts?" She asked.

Charlie nodded. "All he can sense is your emotion."

"That's a relief." Abby said. "He comes across kinda controlling."

"That's classic for those bastards." Charlie said. "If they can control you they have power over you." "It makes it easier for then to use you."

Before Abby could reply the door opened signaling the return of Karen.

"Abby?" She asked coming into the living room and eyed Charlie. "Who's this?"

"This is Charlie she's a friend." Abby said.

"What's she doing here?" Karen asked. "We have to get going."

"I was just taking Grace since y'all can't take her with y'all." Charlie said grabbing Graces collar.

"Well thank you." Karen said. "You should get going."

"Will do." Charlie said walking with Grace near the door. "Talk to you later Abby."

"You too Charlie." She said as the door closed.

"Abby where did you meet her at?" Karen asked.

"At the boardwalk that night you went for the job interview." She said.

"I don't like her." Karen said.

"You don't even know her." Abby said.

"I don't have to know her to sense that something seems off about her." Karen said.

"Probably just your new enhanced senses." Abby said going to her room to pack.