Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 23

They drove back to the mansion in silence. Abby sat thinking about everything Charlie had told her.

What was Avenged up to?

What were their true intentions and motives for turning her and Karen?

And what were they planning they could possibly end the human race?

"Whatcha thinking bout Abby?" Karen asked glancing at her.

"Nothing." She said quickly.

"You're deep in thought about something." Karen said.

"I'm just thinking about all that's happen." She said. "It still seems so surreal."

Karen smiled. "I know what you mean." "I can't believe how much lives have changed."

Changed for the worst. Abby thought as they arrived at the mansion.

When they got there they saw Jimmy and Johnny waiting for them.

"What are y'all doing out here?" Abby asked as they got out.

"Waiting for y'all plus we're your volunteer bellhops." Jimmy said with a smile.

"Thanks." Karen said unlocking the trunk.

Jimmy and Johnny came forward grabbing their bags and following them back into the mansion.

They walked in to find the others waiting for them.

Karen ran to Synyster who picked her up and engaged her in a kiss.

Do they have to do that everytime they're around each other? She thought.

Matt walked over to her with a smile. "I missed you."

Abby smiled. "I was only gone for thirty minutes."

"When you're a vampire that's an eternity." He said. "Especially when you're away from your soulmate."

He leaned down pecking her lips.

Abby looked into his eyes. She couldn't believe this guy who had changed her and made her his soulmate. Had exterior motives for it.

"What wrong?" Matt asked. "You seem confused."

"It's nothing really." She said with a smile.

He slowly nodded.

"Can we celebrate now that they've officially moved in?" Zacky asked.

"Yes we can the way we always do." Matt said with a grin.

"And how's that?" Karen asked.

"We're going on a little family outing." He said.

"You mean hunting?" Abby asked with dread.

He smiled. "Exactly."

Abby moved through the woods at her own pace. She tried to stay far away from the others.

She didn't want to be there to see them slaughter innocent people and enjoy it on top of that.

Her stomach lurched at the idea of her own sister enjoying the thrill of the kill.

How could Karen change so fast and become a uncaring evil she shell of her former self?

She was so wrapped in her thoughts she didn't hear rustling behind her. Only until she felt hands cover her eyes did she realize someone was there.

"Guess who?" A familiar voice said with a chuckle.

She grinned. "Is it the boogeyman?"

"No it's not." He said. "This guy is much hotter and actually real."

"Is it Chris Hemsworth then?" She asked.

"No!" He said laughing. "This guy has tattoos and is from the states."

"Is it Chris Evans?" She asked laughing.

"No." He said laughing with her. "One last guess."

"Justin Timberlake?" She asked.

"Don't even compare me to that fucker." He said uncovering her eyes.

She turned around to face him. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"How you've been doing?" He asked.

"Haven't come close to getting dinner." She said pouting.

In reality Abby had plenty of opportunities. It was a Friday night people were out and about. But she didn't try to get one.

"Well I'm sorry." He said. "Do you want me to help you?"

"No it's fine." She said. "If you continue to catch dinner for me I'll never learn how to do it on my own."

He grinned. "I'm glad you're starting to get used to this."

She managed to grin back.

He kissed her. Abby wrapped her arms around his neck as it increased. He pulled away nipping her lip.

"You'll never get dinner if we continue this." He said.

She nodded. "I'll get going then."

He smiled. "I'll see you later then."

He grabbed her kissing her again. "For good luck."

"Thanks." She said as he gave her a final glance before vanishing.

"I'm becoming a good liar." Abby said as she walked through the woods. "I never could lie and get away with it or keep a straight face when I was human."

One good thing about this now I have confidence. She thought.

As she walked her stomach growled and rumbled. She grabbed a tree as she stumbled.

"I have to eat something." She said.

She listened but could hear no sounds of wildlife at all. She managed to walk through until she got to a place that lead to a coffee shop.

She looked at it watching a man finish cleaning up and closing the place up.

Her eyes widen as they fixated on his neck. She licked her lips.

The guy exited the shop and started walking down the street. She followed him keeping to the shadows.

She crawled up and onto a roof and watched him. He rounded a corner that was leading down to an alley.

Perfect. She thought jumping down.

The guy came closed and closed to Abbys hiding place. Her stomach growled again. As he came near her spot she grabbed him throwing him against the dumpster.

The guy groaned and rolled onto his stomach. He focused his eyes on Abby who slowly approached him.

"Please don't hurt me." He said crawling back.

"You have something I want." She said.

"I only have twenty dollars but please take it." He said holding out his wallet.

"I don't want your money I want something else." She said grabbing him by the throat and pinning him against the wall.

"Please don't hurt me." He said. "You don't have to do this."

"I have to." She said.

"Not you don't." He said. "I'm sure you're a good person."

"I'm not a person anymore." She said. "I'm something else."

"Whatever you are I'm sure you're just going through a hard time." He said.

"You have no idea." She whispered.

"I understand it." He said. "My mom has cancer and she's dying."

Abbys looked at the guy closely. She took his wallet looking at a photo of him and who looked like his mom. She flipped it to find a pic of him and a young woman.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"My girlfriend." He said. "We're planning on getting married soon also she's pregnant with our first child."

"She's pregnant?" Abby asked.

He nodded. "Yes I want to be the best dad I can possibly be." "I don't want my kids growing up without a father." "Please let me go."

Abby stumbled back gasping but still holding the guy. Her eyes became wet as she looked at the pictures of him with his mom and girlfriend.

This guy has so much to live for and I was about to take it away from him.

She started sobbing while the guy looked at her still frightened now mixed with confusion.

She managed to compose herself. "You're child will not grow up without a father." "I won't kill you but I still need something from you."

"Anything." He said.

"This might hurt a little." She said baring her fangs.

The guys eyes widen and he gasped as Abby bit his wrist drinking.

She reveled the taste of fresh warm blood going down her throat. She started to bite harder but stopped when he groaned.

She pulled away licking her lips and licking his wound till it healed.

"Go." She said.

The guy grabbed his wallet and ran out the alley. He gave her a final look before disappearing around the corner.

Abby slumped down against a wall sliding down with her head in her hands. She started sobbing remembering what she almost did.

"I almost killed that guy just like they do." She said.

"But you didn't which means you haven't lost yourself Abby." A voice said.

Abby looked up to see a pair of luminescent eyes in the darkness.

The owner walked forward revealing the face of Ashton.