Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 24

"Ashton?" Abby said getting up.

He smiled. "Hi Abby."

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I was walking through the woods and I saw you on the rooftop." He said.

"What were you doing in the woods?" She asked.

"Trying to find a deer or a rabbit." He said. "Then I saw blondie a distance away so I ran this way." "What are you doing here?"

"Shadows said we should have a family outing meaning hunting." She said.

"How is that going for you?" He asked knowing the answer.

Abbys face fell. "I almost killed that guy Ashton." She whispered.

"But you didn't Abby." He said grabbing her arms. "You managed to stop yourself and regain control."

"But I still fed from him." She said then she gasped. "Is he gonna turn?"

"No he won't." Ashton said reassuringly. "You didn't drink enough from him and didn't bite deep enough to spread the vampire virus."

"Vampirism is a virus?" She asked.

"In a way it is." Ashton said. "The person that's bitten usually starts having symptoms similar to the flu." "High fever, bright lights seem to hurt, loss of appetite not being able to keep things down."

"I had those symptoms." She said.

He nodded. "Cause the virus is slowly killing your organs."

"Is there any cure for vampirism?" She asked.

He shook his head sadly. "Abby there's no cure for vamprism or any of these things." "If there was a cure for shapeshifters I would've been cured."

Her eyes widen. "You were turned?"

He nodded.

"How?" She asked.

"That's a story for another time right now lets go." He said walking out the alley. "I hear your friends nearby."

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Charlie is nearby." He said. "Follow me."

She followed Ashton around a corner and they picked up their pace cause they could hear the others in the woods getting closer. Finally Abby saw the familiar jeep.

"Hi Abby." Charlie said with a smile unlocking the door.

"Hi Char." She said getting in and was greeted back a licking of the face. "Hi Grace!" She said petting the dog who was in the back.

Charlie chuckled. "I couldn't leave her at home she knew we would see you again tonight."

"We can explain more later but we had to scam now." Ashton said as he looked over his shoulder.

Charlie started the jeep and sped onto the street.

"Where are we going?" Abby asked.

"To my house." Charlie said.

"Won't they follow us?" Abby asked looking behind her.

"No my jeep is impenetrable to their eyes." Charlie said. "I shielded it with a spell."

Abby gasped. "Charlie are you a witch too."

Charlie laughed. "No I'm not but some of my ancestors were practicers of magic I guess it passed on to me."

Abby nodded as she continued to drive. As she sat there a voice came into her head.

"Abby where are you?" Matt asked.

"I'm fine I'm just with some friends." She said.

"These friends keeping you prisoner?" He asked. "Cause I can't sense you at all."

"Sense must be messed up then." She said.

"They're not." He said.

"Well I don't know but I'll be home soon." She said.

"Okay." He said. "Just don't go off without telling me again."

"Okay." She said.

"Jesus." She said out loud.

"He's talking to you isn't he?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah he told me not to go off without telling him again." She said. "He's not my fucking father."

"Since he's your sire he thinks he owns you." Charlie said. "Vampires are naturally possessive of the ones they sire."

"That's just great." Abby said as they arrived at a house.

Charlie pulled in parking the jeep and everyone got out.

"Charlie you live here by yourself?" Abby asked as they walked to the front door.

"No it's me, Ashton, and now Grace." She said as she walked in.

Abby stayed behind looking at the door.

"Aren't you gonna come in?" Ashton asked.

"Don't I have to be invited in?" Abby asked.

Charlie laughed. "No that's only fiction." "You can come in."

Abby entered and looked around the house. It was small but inviting.

"Want anything to drink?" Charlie asked.

Abbys stomach lurched. "No thank you."

"It's okay Abby." Charlie said squeezing her arm.

"It's getting harder though Charlie." She said.

"You've come this far you'll be able to do it." She said. "I think I may have found something to help the thrist to an extent."

"What is it?" Abby asked.

Charlie went to a door in the wall opening it and gestured for her to follow. Abby walked down some stairs and into a room that looked like a basement except larger. There was big books all around and candles lit.

"What is this place Charlie?" She asked sitting in a chair.

"It's a place where we do our research at." Ashton said.

Charlie walked to a frig and took out a small vial of bluish substance.

"It can quench all kinds of thrist and hunger." She said. "For creatures it can help them resist humans."

"Will it work?" Abby asked taking the vial.

"Works for me." Ashton said. "I could go for months without hungering for a human."

Abby took the cap off and sniffed it. She wrinkled her nose slightly but swallowed it.

"It tastes like ass." She said.

Ashton laughed. "That's true but it works."

"It does I don't feel like taking a bite out of Charlie anymore." She said.

Charlie laughed. "That's good to know." She said grabbing a big book sitting in the middle and turning to a marked page.

Abby saw a picture of a group of people in a circle and two creatures in the middle.

"What is that Charlie?" She asked.

"It's a ritual." Charlie said grimly.

"What kind of ritual?" She asked.

"The kind that can give any supernatural creature in the circle invincibility." She said. "Therefore makes them unstoppable."

"What does that have to do with me?" She asked.

"Cause it requires the death of a werewolf and a vampire."