Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 25

Abbys eyes widen. "The death of a werewolf and a vampire?" She stammered out.

Charlie nodded. "You and your sister will be sacrificed in order to complete the ritual."

"Why?" Abby asked hysterical. "Why do they need us in particularly?"

"Because they've been at this for ages Abby." Charlie said. "They've been trying to find the two women who needed to be used is this."

"What do me and Karen have that they need for this?" Abby said.

"You don't know?" Charlie asked.

"Know about what?" Abby asked confused.

"Abby, you and Karen are part witch." She said.

"What?" Abby stammered out. "How can that be?"

"In an old text I'd read your ancestors and my ancestors came together to put an end to the terror cause by the ancients a long time ago." She said. "They managed to succeed and made a pact to come back together in case they came back."

"They came back a few years ago." Charlie said.

"My mom was really worried and stressed." Abby said. "But she wouldn't tell us why."

"Cause she was preparing for the confrontation coming up." She said. "Did your mom go missing around the time she went blind?"

Abby nodded. "She said it was a meeting then when she returned her vision got bad until she went completely blind."

"It's cause the spell performed took a huge toll on her particularly her eyes." Charlie said. "It involved your mom using all her sense her eyes being the main one." "The spell was so strong it damaged your mothers eyes permanently."

Abby gasped taking this all in. "Why didn't our mom tell us about our hertiage?"

"It's not uncommon for witches to want to raise there children without knowing about all the supernatural stuff." She said. "They want them to live normal lives without it."

"But what does that have to do with the ritual?" She asked.

"They need either a women who's full or either part witch to it." She said. "But that witch has to be converted in either a werewolf or a vampire." "Since witches have natural power already combined with being one of the following it will give them enough power to complete it."

"That's why they turned us." She said tears coming to her eyes. "They lied about everything." "He told me he loved me."

"Sorry to say they only say that to gain your trust." Ashton said. "They may love you to extent but it's not for companionship."

"I feel sick." Abby said gasping. "He lied about everything!"

"You're not the first Abby they've done it for decades now." Charlie said.

"Why did they kill those other girls?" She asked.

"Cause they didn't have witch blood." Ashton said. "They would wait until it was summer here again before continuing the search here."

"Continue the search here?" Abby asked.

"They have clubs all around the world." Charlie said. "Just so they could find two females."

"They can't tell before they turn them that they don't have witch blood?" Abby asked.

"Witches even half ones have a certain aura around them that only other witches, psychics, and mediums can see." Charlie said. "For some reason they can't see it but I'm sure they know now."

"How?" Abby asked.

"Because he can't read your thoughts Abby." She said. "Since you're a witch it explains why you're able to do it naturally." "Witches are extremely guarded."

"But still why turn all those women and your sister?" She asked.

"Cause they try to convert them into one of them." She said. "The cold ones."

"Why?" Abby asked.

"Since the power of good is weak in the supernatural world due to most being evil and practicing dark arts." She said. "The power of darkness is stronger." "Only an evil witch who is turned can make the ritual a success."

Abbys eyes widen. "Karens one of them now."

"She's ready for the ritual then but you're not." Ashton said.

"What will they do with me?" She asked.

"If they can't covert you they'll do away with you like the other rare ones." Charlie said.

"But they need me for the ritual right?" She asked.

"If they can't covert you either by what they're doing now or magically they'll just search until they find another." He said. "But don't worry they'll wait a month."

"Why a month?" Abby asked.

"Cause they need to perform it on a harvest moon." Charlie said.

"Why on a harvest moon?" She asked.

"Due to the moon having a red hue to it some believe that it's evil cause red stands for anger and wrath to name a few." Ashton said. "So they believe it will be stronger performed then."

"What am I going to do?" Abby asked.

"You have to pretend everything is okay." Charlie said. "Or they'll start suspecting something."

"What about when they take me out for hunting again?" She asked.

"No problem." Ashton said with a smile. "I'll be around when y'all do we'll hunt together."

"Also as long as you have this." Charlie said grabbing more vials and putting them in a small purse. "You don't have to worry at all about human."

Abby took the purse smiling softy then she frowned.

"What about Karen?" She asked. "Is there anything we can do to help her?"

"I don't think there is." Charlie said. "There's no spell of anything I can perform to turn her into the old Karen."

Abby looked down tears spilling.

"But I found something else." Charlie said.

Abby looked up.

"Karen will go back to her old self if you can reach her." Charlie said.

"What does that mean?" Abby asked.

"Meaning if you can reach Karens heart or her humanity." Ashton said. "She'll go back."

"How do I do that?" She asked.

"Only you know." Charlie said.

Abby was still confused but nodded going up the stairs. She turned giving them both hugs.

"We'll make it through this Abby." Charlie said.

"I hope so." She said.

Grace came over whimpering. Abby gave a sad small before scratching the dogs ears and hugging her.

"I'll be back soon Grace." She said.

Grace licked her face and she smiled.

Opening the door she looked around before running down the street.

Ste turned around waving at Charlie and Ashton before disappearing into the nearby woods.