Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 27

"She's gone?" Karen said getting up. "Where could she have possibly gone?"

"I don't know but she's gone." Matt said.

"Why would she just take off without saying a word?" Karen asked.

"Whos know?" Brian said. "Abbys been acting real strange lately."

"She must still be having a hard time adjusting to what we are." Karen said. "If she is she doesn't need to be away from us." "We're the only ones who can help her."

"You're right Karen." Matts said. "We have to find her."

"I'll drive around looking for her." Valary said heading for the garage. "I can't believe this!"

Everyone rushed outside to the garage.

"She took my car." Valary said.

Abby drove on and on until she got to the sign that said Welcome to Everclear. She slowly drove on looking at all the places. As she drove on she slowed down passing her parents house.

She stared at the charred black place where is used to stand. Tears came to her eyes as the events of that day replayed in her head.

Receiving the phone call, her and Karen arriving at the scene to find firefighters trying to extinguish the flames, finding Grace on the sidewalk, the firefighters attempts being futile.

They watched as the house burned down with their parents inside. She wiped her tears remembering why she had come back. Giving the house a final stare she drove on to an old friends house.

She parked in front of the old copper house belonging to her moms friend Myrtle. Getting out she walked up to the house ringing the doorbell. There was barking within. Then the door opened.

"Abby?" She whispered.

"Hello Miss Myrtle." Abby said managing smile.

Myrtle opened the door pulling Abby into a hug.

"It's been so long." She said hugging her.

"Yes it has." Abby said hugging the woman who was like a grandmother to her back.

"What are you doing here and where's Karen?" She asked.

"She's partially the reason I'm here." Abby said. "And I have questions about my mothers death."

Myrtles eyes widen. "It's time you knew anyway." "Come in."

Abby walked into the house a Scottie dog jumping onto her legs. She smiled picking the dog up and following Myrtle into the parlor. She sat down in a chair while Myrtle sat in the opposite.

"I knew you were coming here today Abby." She said. "I could see it."

"What else have you saw?" She asked.

"I know you and Karen are no longer human." She said. "You've fallen victim to the cold ones."

Abby nodded. "Now they want to sacrifice us for some ritual."

Myrtle nodded. "I knew y'all shouldn't have moved." "But Karen wanted to so badly she is the one who's becoming like them."

"She is and I don't know how to get her back." Abby said. "Other than what Charlie told me."

"Charlie?" Myrtle said. "Does she happen to have black cropped hair and a roughish biker looking thing to her?"

"Yes." Abby said. "How do you know?"

"Cause Charlie is my granddaughter." She said.

Abbys eyes widen. "I didn't know you had grandchildren."

"I did expect those bastards got Leah." Myrtle said. "I told them not to go there for summer vacation but they didn't listen." "They went and I saw Leah get turned by the time I could do anything they had killed her." "Charlie stayed in Huntington saying she was going to take Avenged down someday."

"Did you tell Charlie about us?" Abby asked.

Myrtle nodded. "She saw y'all coming to that's why she was warning you."

"I know that now she's trying to help me." Abby said. "But I don't know what to do."

"You need to know what spell we performed that made your mother to blind." She said.

"We had to face a big darkness like Charlie told you." She said. "The spell required all of us to use our main senses." "I at first had the power of mediation, your mother had the power of visions." "The evil proved so great but we managed to defeat it but it cause your mother her sight permanently."

"Why did it?" Abby asked.

"Not only cause the spell was strong but she had a big vision." Myrtle said. "She saw you and your sister being sacrificed and them completing the ritual which meant the end of humanity."

Abby gasped. "Why didn't she tell us?"

"After she lost her sight she didn't want to raise y'all knowing about the supernatural in fear y'all would suffer the same fate."
She said. "She also thought by keeping the vision to herself that it wouldn't happen. "But you can't interfere with the future."

"Does this mean that...

"I haven't seen it not happen." Myrtle said. "But the fact that you're fighting against them means there is hope."

"What about Karen?" She asked. "She likes this life and she doesn't want to go back."

"The only way she'll go back is if you reach her." Myrtle said.

"Both Charlie and Ashton said that." Abby said. "What does that mean?"

"It means you have to reach for the part of your sister that still cares for and loves you." She said. "If you can reach that part it will overshadow the wolf part of her."

"How do I do that though?" She asked.

"Only a moment of great sacrifice can make it work." Myrtle said.

Before Abby could reply Myrtle got up returning back with a small black box.

"You're mother though she didn't want y'all to know about y'all's heritage." She said. "She thought you should have this."

Myrtle opened the box. Abby gasped seeing a small pentagram the ends were all pointing to different colored stones. She took it out looking at it.

"All the stones represent the five elements and the five senses." Myrtle said. "Red means fire, teal means wood, light gray means metal, yellow means Earth, and black means water."

"What does the one on the middle stand for?" She asked.

"It stands for air and love which are the two main ones." She said.

Abby put the necklace on when she did she felt a surge of energy go through her. She gasped seeing the stones lit up slightly.

"Your power is getting stronger." She said.

"Will I be able to defeat them now?" She asked.

"By yourself no." Myrtle said. "But with you and your sister yes." "If and when you get through to Karen give her this."

She brought out another black box and opened it. Revealing a crescent moon with a star resting in it. It had a big gem in the middle of it.

Abby took the box touching the gem which glowed slightly at her touch. She closed it.

"I'll give it to her Myrtle." Abby said getting up.

Myrtle smiled and walked her to the door.

"Good luck Abby." She said hugging her.

"Thank you." She said getting in her car and driving away.

"Have you found her yet?" Matt asked.

"No." Valary said. "I can't pick her presence up anywhere." "It's like she vanished completely."

"Or something is blocking us from finding her." Zacky said.

"Like what?" Brian asked.

"Her powers her witch side is dominating the vampire side." He said.

"How can that be?" Valary asked. "She's only half!"

"Well it's becoming stronger." He said. "Most likely due do to her learning about her hertiage."

Valarys eyes widen. "Do you think she knows about the ritual?"

"I just have a feeling that she isn't in the dark anymore." Zacky said.

Abby drove passed the welcome sign. She drove until she reached Charlies house. Getting out she walked up knocking the door. The door opened.

"What are you doing here Abby?" Ashton asked.

"Here to develop my powers." She said.

He stepped aside letting her in. She walked in finding Charlie at the table. Her eyes widen at the sight of her.

"Abby what are you doing here?" She asked getting up.

"I just got back from Everclear talking to your grandmother." She said.

Charlie gasped. "Y'all knew my grandmother?"

Abby nodded. "She told me everything." "There's also something y'all should know."

"What?" Ashton said.

"I overheard them talking saying the ritual will be performed in two weeks." She said.

Both gasped. "That's earlier than we anticipated."

Abby nodded. "And I need to practice." "Will you help me Charlie?"

Charlie smiled. "Gladly."