Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 29

"What should I do when I get there?" Abby asked as she prepared to go back to the mansion.

"Just keep going what you've been doing." Charlie said. "Now that you know some more things you should be okay." "And try to convince Karen about what's going on."

"That's gonna be difficult but I'll try." She said hugging Charlie then turned to Ashton.

"Stay alert too and do me a favor." He said with a smirk.

"What?" She asked.

"If they try anything give them a throbbing headache like you did me." He said with a laugh.

Abby and Charlie laughed too. "You can count on it." She said hugging him.

Grace came over whimpering.

"I'll be back soon Grace." Abby said squatting down and hugging the bloodhound who liked her face.

Abby walked outside with the others watching her from the porch. Getting in she started the car and pulled out. Giving them a final wave she drove back to the mansion.

She thought about everything she had learned about herself and Karen.

I have to get through to her some way. She thought as she finally arrived at the mansion.

Taking a deep breath she couldn't even do she got out the car and approached the mansion cautiously. She looked down and hid her necklace in her shirt. She walked up to the front door and opened it.

She walked in and finally entered the main room where Zacky, Jimmy, and Johnny were sitting. They all looked up as she entered.

"You're back. Zacky said getting up.

She nodded. "Yes I am."

At that moment four sets of footsteps could be heard running down the hallways and finally Matt, Valary, Karen, and Brian appeared.

"Abby!" Karen yelled running down the stairs and hugging her. "I thought something had happened to you."

"I'm okay Kar." She said hugging her sister back and glancing at the other three who deceded the stairs and approached them.

"Abby we were so worried about you." Valary said hugging her.

I'll bet you were. Abby thought bitterly. Worried cause you wouldn't be able to do the ritual without me.

"You gave us a scare Abby." Brian said. "But now you're back and that's all that matter." He said with a smile.

Abby internally rolled her eyes. He thinks he's so slick. He's not fooling anyone with that false worry and that smile that made Karen and his past victims weak in the knees.

Finally Matt came over and stared at her he finally took her in his arms.

"Why did you run off like that?" He asked.

"I just needed to get away to figure things out." She said.

He pulled away. "Abby if you're still having trouble with this you don't need to be by yourself." "You need to be around people who can help you with this."

I've already been around people who are helping me. She thought.

"I'm sorry and it won't happen again." She said.

"You're right it won't cause we're gonna do something about it right now." Matt said.

Abby backed away from him. "What are you gonna do?"

"Abby you know what happens to those who can't let go of their humanity and accept what they've become." He said. "Their sentence is death."

"So you're just gonna kill me?" She said angry. "I'm your soulmate and you're gonna kill me?"

"I hope it doesn't have to come to that but I'm not gonna do that." He said. "I'm gonna do something else."

She noticed Valary inching closer her. Abby concentrated and her shield came up. Valary came and was thrown back:

She sat up gasping while the others looked wide eyed at Abby.

"She has something blocking her." Zacky said getting up. "It's some kind of defense."

"Abby what's happened to you?" Karen asked.

Abby made the mistake of letting her shield down. "Karen it's...

She let out a scream as she was injected by Matt with something. Her vision grew dimmer and she blacked out.

Abbys eyes fluttered open she groaned grabbing her head and sitting up. Rubbing her eyes she glanced around. She was in a dungeon like room.

It was dank and had light coming from the window but it was dim. Her eyes grew wide briefly. She felt her chest and pocket sighing in relief as she felt the necklaces still there.

At that moment the door opened and Matt appeared with a bowl of blood. She scooted back as he opened the door and placed the bowl down in front of her.

"Abby you need to feed." He said. "And I mean human blood."

She glared at him. "No."

He sighed. "You're making this more difficult than it has to be."

"I'm only gonna continue making it difficult." She said.

"Abby I really don't want to do what needs to be done." He said. "If you just let go...

"Of my humanity?" She asked.

"You really don't have a choice if you want to live." He said.

"I do have a choice and I choice to feel for others and care about others." She said. "I will not become what y'all are and what y'all have turned my sister into." "Which is a cold, heartless, uncaring monster."

His eyes narrowed in anger. "You're apart of the club too."

"I will never be like you." She whispered. "You can keep me down here and starve me or whatever you please but I will not accept this fate."

"Abby we're soulmates." He said. "Don't you want to be together?"

"Did you say and ask that to all the other girls who weren't the ones you needed for your little ritual?" She asked.

"How did you find out about that?" He asked surprised.

"You and your little tramp should try to be a lot more sneakier and quiet when y'all are planning things behind someones back." She said with a smirk.

He glared. "It doesn't matter if you know cause Karen is already one of us." "A couple of days down here with nothing being fed to you but human should change you."

"Never." She said.

He got up and locked the door. "We'll see you'll break eventually."

Abby sighed and looked at the door. "I'm getting out of here tonight."

Abby was woken up by the door opening. She saw up and saw Karen coming down with dinner.

"You have to drink Abby or you'll die." She said setting it down.

"Then so be it." Abby said.

"Abby what's gotten in to you?" She asked. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Cause I found out they're planning on sacrificing you and me for a ritual." She said.

"Abby that's absurd Brian loves me and Matt loves you if you would let him." She said.

"He doesn't love you he only said all that shit to gain your trust so he could turn you." She said.

"Why are you making up this stuff up all cause you can't accept this gift we've been given?" Karen asked.

"I'm not making this up Kar." She said. "And it's not a gift they only turned us for the ritual they need a werewolf and a vampire to complete it."

"Okay supposing what you're saying is true why do they need us?" She asked. "There are plenty of werewolves and vampires they could use."

"Becaus they need some of witch blood." Abby said. "We're half witch Karen."

Karens eyes widen. "That's insane no we're not."

"Yes we are that's partially the reason I left." She said. "I went back home and talked to Miss Myrtle."

"Myrtle one of moms friends." Karen said.

Abby nodded. "She said the reason mom went blind is because they performed a spell that took a toll on her sight." "I found all this out from her and Charlie."

"Charlie seems to know a lot about this." Karen said. "What does she have to do with any of this besides filling your head with shit?"

"She's Myrtles granddaughter." Abby said.

"Okay if this is true why didn't mom tell us about this?" She asked.

"Because she didn't want us to know about the supernatural world." Abby said pulling out her pendant which was glowing.

Karen gasped. "What is that?"

"It's a pendant that Myrtle gave me said that mom thought we should have it." She said digging in her pocket. "This is yours."

She opened he black box revealing the crescent moon star pendent which was glowing. Karen reached and touched the gem which glowed brighter at her touch.

She pulled way and got up shaking her head. "It's not true none of it is true."

"Karen...

"No Abby!" She yelled. "I can't believe you made all this up just cause you can't accept this." "Brian does love me, I'm not a witch, and they're not gonna sacrifice us."

Before Abby could answer Karen slammed the door shut. Abby sighed sadly she sat there crying as she waited for them to go to sleep.

Abby woke up in the middle of the night sensing everyone had gone to bed. She stood up and looked at the lock. She close her eyes and focused.

At first it didn't do anything.

"Come on." She whispered focusing harder.

It started shaking. She continued to focus it shook more until there was a breaking sound. Abby opened her eyes to see she had broken the lock off. She pushed it and it fell open.

Grinning she walked out and did the same thing to the knob. She peered around to see she was in a part of the mansion she had never seen before.

Cautiously she made her way out as she heard them moving above.

"What the hell was that?" Zacky asked.

"It came from where she's at." Brian said. "Let's check it out."

Abby could hear them approaching she did another trick Charlie had taught her. She stood against the wall and concentrated. She did the power of camouflage.

They ran past her as she walked down the hallway still blended with the wall. She eventually got to the main room where no one was at. She made her way to the kitchen she sensed someone behind her. She turned to see Johnny standing there.

She gasped and backed up towards the door ready to use her shield again. But he did nothing.

"Johnny is she down there?" Matt asked.

"No she's not." He yelled up. "Hurry up and get out of here Abby."

"Thank you." She said as she opened the door and ran out into the night.